How do I map....

How do I map....
Posted on: 22.08.2013 by Maryalice Zwahlen
Hey guys,

through a series of bad incidents i pretty much lost my original mappings and i now have to re-map some of these functions, it would be great if you help out a little.

i use:
traktor pro (not 2!!)
2 MF spectras, one for each deck

1. Cue to Grid
how do i map the cue button in a way that it sticks to the grid and does not stop in between the grid?

2. Reverb
how do i map the reverb of button #5 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1247)?
i imported the file into traktor to see the setup but it says, "this version of traktor does not support this .tsi file" ...!?!?!

3. Filter
how do i map the filter of button #7 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)?
i also imported that file into traktor and gives me the same error message!!!

4. Echo Freeze
how do i map the echo freeze of button #8 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)

5. Beatmasher
how do i map the beatmasher 1/4 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)?
and how do i map the beatmasher 1/8 of the same mapping?

6. Loop Move
Where can i determine by how many bars the loop moves with "Cue/Loop Move" function?
it seems to automatically have eight bars set, but how can i change that to 16?

thank you guys, i know its a lot to ask, just losing it a little right now. all settings are gone and nowhere to be found. playing toevening , as well as the next three days, getting nervous..... any help would be much appreciated!!!!
Maryalice Zwahlen
cool mate, thank you.

just got back from a set. will check it out tomorrow. what i noticed this evening is that the FX on deck B also activate the FX for A.

So when both channels faders are up and i press one of my MFs FX buttons it triggers effects on both A and B. If I do the same on deck A it only uses the effect on deck A as supposed to.
Kellie Myrum
Since the all LED feedback is provided by the mapping itself you should probably just clear all the buttons in utility. That's super simple to do as well as setting up side buttons - in your case simply go with note instead of bank button, just don't forget to send to MIDIfighter after you finish tweaking.

Here's the file. Let me know if that's what you want.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Strange, then I really wonder where I got the tail from. Maybe I amended the original mapping successfully for once but I definitely did have that tail yeah. Let me know if you are keen to do it, would be genius!

And with regards to the empty button, yeah that is exactly what I am looking for that track end warning blinking light.

Do you know if I can amend the colors in the MF utility as well as deactivate the side buttons of the MFs without further affecting the mapping?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
In my previous mapping with TP1 the reverb and the delay were programmed in a way that there is still a tail of the effect when you let go of the button, this new one (instant grat by tt) is completely dry the moment you let go of the reverb/echo which actually sounds very unnatural. Do you know how to add the tail in the FX settings?
I'm pretty familiar with the DJTT IG TP 1 map and there never was any tails to the reverb and delay effects after release of the button.. Still I can try to add that functionality for ya.

Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
And secondly. I am sure you have noticed that I left the top left button open. Is it possible to have this buttons leds light up in the last 30 seconds off a song like the traktor deck does? doesnt have to be "beat matched" but just a blinking light would be gold. do you know how to?
Sure I notice this button. I'll look up to add the track end warning here if that's what you mean? Let me know.
Maryalice Zwahlen
There are two things that maybe you can still help with though. Afraid to ask, I am sure you got other stuff to do too........

In my previous mapping with TP1 the reverb and the delay were programmed in a way that there is still a tail of the effect when you let go of the button, this new one (instant grat by tt) is completely dry the moment you let go of the reverb/echo which actually sounds very unnatural. Do you know how to add the tail in the FX settings?

And secondly. I am sure you have noticed that I left the top left button open. Is it possible to have this buttons leds light up in the last 30 seconds off a song like the traktor deck does? doesnt have to be "beat matched" but just a blinking light would be gold. do you know how to?
Maryalice Zwahlen
STEWE!!!

You are the man. The man I tell ya!!!!
Even the FX work on both decks now, damn so many things I dont know. But now it is all in order, damn mate, you are such a star!!!!!!!!!

And the loop on LED is great too, I have actually always wanted to map that, but wasnt too sure about these additional led maps, mine didnt work in the past, but who am I, haha clearly you know that stuff by heart, NUTS!!!

Supergreatful for your help!
Kellie Myrum
BTW, congrats on your 100th post
Kellie Myrum
This is deck target oriented mapping so you can easily assign it to any deck as I previously mentioned in this thread. I've added some LED feedback too, let me know if you like that.

loop move edit 0.2..tsi
Maryalice Zwahlen
yeah thats it. great man, you are such a star. lets hope this one works for deck a too then...
Kellie Myrum
So you want to set whatever the loop size is and always move it by 16 beats? Let me fix that for you.
Maryalice Zwahlen
nah, its definitely a loop move. basically when i set my loop i want to be able to move the entire loop 16 beats up or down, i use that to scroll through the tune basically.

but it is so strange that this only works on deck b for me....... even if i import your setting to deck a, it still doesnt react on deck a and sticks to the moving the loop by fractions only.
Kellie Myrum
That would be an actual beatjump function. I thought you need a loop move at first?
Maryalice Zwahlen
but this only works on deck b for me........... so weird, does that have to do with the midifighter? everything else works fine though...
Maryalice Zwahlen
okay yeah this moves the loop now i can see that. but it moves it only 4 beats, doesnt differ with the size of the loop, you know what i mean? can i set this to 16 beats somewhere?
Kellie Myrum
How strange... Works with no problems here.

Try my edit of your original TSI:

loop move edit.tsi
Maryalice Zwahlen
okay yeah changed that you are right, i was testing that, but didnt make a difference. now back to "direct" for interaction mode and "loop" at set to value.

still no change, only moves a tiny bit...
Kellie Myrum
Your move forward button is set to inc mode and not to direct-loop as your move back button.
Maryalice Zwahlen
here is the mapping only for deck a so far. almost done.

i just duplicated the mapping for deck b and funny enough on deck b the loop move almost works, still not fully but close (weird huh? because i literally only duplicated the mapping and changed deck focus)

what didnt work for deck b where all the fx buttons... do i need to assign them to the specific deck in every commands setting?
Kellie Myrum
You got Spectra right? Share your mapping with me and I'll take a look and check for possible errors. Just attach your TSI and MFS file in your reply.
Maryalice Zwahlen
you mean whatever size loop i activate is the amount of beats that the loop will be move right?
unfortunately it doesnt actually do that. it just moves a tiny bit, literally the fraction of a grid line...
Kellie Myrum
You mean 16 beats, no bars? You set loop size to 16 beats, it'll move your loop back and forth depend on actual size of the loop.

You can set all your commands to target focus and easily duplicate a mapping device. Then under 'Device Target' slot right under the MIDI in/out set the deck of choice to each mapping.
Maryalice Zwahlen
okay, i just realised the loop is actually moving, but just a tiny fraction every time i hit the button, like a fourth of the distance between two grid lines. i would like this to move an entire 16 bars up, do you know how to set that?
Maryalice Zwahlen
thanks again, all sorted with pitchbend as well.

only thing that still wont work is the loop move.... are you sure those are the right commands? i have done exactly as you say it doesnt do anything at all. i believe i also need to set a value on how many beats i want it to move no? any idea?

and last thing. i am working on the mapping for deck a now. is there any way i can copy that mapping for deck b as i only want it to be mirrored, so being exactly the same just for deck b...?
Kellie Myrum
And, as for pitchbend you should definitely go with 'Tempo Bend' command. Works for me every time!
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate,

Regards to loop set and it's output feedback you might want to add 'Is In Active Loop' command instead of 'Loop set' or 'Active' to prevent button LED to keep being on when you use a beatjump or a hotcue to jump around the track.

As for loop move set as following:

Add In > Move / button / direct / value = back or forward (depend of direction button)
Add In > Mode Selector / button / direct / value = loop (to both buttons)

That should work
Maryalice Zwahlen
okay i got the loop in and out sorted by mapping an "add out".

now i am left with the loop move issue and another one:
--> i want to map pitch bend forward to one button and pitch bend backwards to another button, i cant seem to find that though. there is "tempo bend" and "tempo adjust" but that does an entirely different weird thing... any pointers?
Maryalice Zwahlen
hey again stewe.

i did swop to tp2, imported the mappings from tt and no problem with the .tsi file here, so all perfect. thank you again!

right now i am amending the mapping and i have a few tiny things that i struggle with:

--> i am trying to map a button to activate a loop when pressed once and deactivate when pressed again.

--> trying to map "Loop move" one button to move forward 16 bars and another one to move backwards 16 bars (i dont find loop move in the "deck common > loop" settings though... and "deck common > move" also doesnt seem to do the trick...

can you help once again?
Kellie Myrum
You are welcome dude! I'm glad you'd be able to make it happen toevening

Best,
Maryalice Zwahlen
mate, you are a saviour. you should be getting money for this. thank you, such a tiny thing but a huge help again. if you ever come to cape town i owe you.

gonna play set toevening with limited fx and then do the swop to traktor 2 toevening . thanks again!
Kellie Myrum
I believe that 'Snap' should do the trick - it's the little "S" button under the master volume knob.
Maryalice Zwahlen
nah not exactly, not to jump to a preset cue in the song, but just to stick to the grid, so when i hit the cue button when the track is playing while the "needle" going through the deck is in between the grid it automatically jumps to the closest one instead of just stopping inbetween the lines.
Kellie Myrum
Do you refer to hotcues?
Maryalice Zwahlen
yeah i will have to. its all a huge mess atm.
playing a set toevening though, in three hours so better do that afterwards just in case again.

one last question though, if thats okay: how do i get the cue mapping back that always sticks with the grid and doesnt stop in between the grid, do you know what i mean?
Kellie Myrum
Sounds good. Traktor should automatically import all of that for you on startup but just in any case you do that.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Delay
Add in > FX Unit > Unit On / type-button / mode-toggle
Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type-button / mode-toggle
Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0
Add in > FX Unit > DryWet / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.600
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.400
Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Single
Add in > FX Unit > FX Store preset / type-button / mode-Trigger

this is what the echo freeze looks liked mapped.
in tp 1 we dont even have an "effect selector", there is no "Button 3", nor ANY knobs.

in fact i am believeing of just moving it all to traktor pro 2 right now. should i just move it all over now???
I would save the traktor library files first right? any other precautions i would have to take?
Kellie Myrum
Should be pretty much the same really. Only difference would be that you'll pick group or single option right away in menu and then look up in there for desired commands for the both FX unit mode individually and the fact that TP 1 doesn't offer FX Store Preset command (the magic of loading and activating the effect at the single button press).
Maryalice Zwahlen
thanks again, but i just realized all of those mappings are for traktor pro 2 right??
Kellie Myrum

Fixed that link for ya mate
Maryalice Zwahlen
you are such a star stewe, thank you!!!!!!
Kellie Myrum
Check out Ultimate FX thread (post #2) for all the parameters you're looking for:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63445

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy