How do I map....

How do I map....
Posted on: 22.08.2013 by Maryalice Zwahlen
Hey guys,

through a series of bad incidents i pretty much lost my original mappings and i now have to re-map some of these functions, it would be great if you help out a little.

i use:
traktor pro (not 2!!)
2 MF spectras, one for each deck

1. Cue to Grid
how do i map the cue button in a way that it sticks to the grid and does not stop in between the grid?

2. Reverb
how do i map the reverb of button #5 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1247)?
i imported the file into traktor to see the setup but it says, "this version of traktor does not support this .tsi file" ...!?!?!

3. Filter
how do i map the filter of button #7 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)?
i also imported that file into traktor and gives me the same error message!!!

4. Echo Freeze
how do i map the echo freeze of button #8 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)

5. Beatmasher
how do i map the beatmasher 1/4 of this mapping (https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1233)?
and how do i map the beatmasher 1/8 of the same mapping?

6. Loop Move
Where can i determine by how many bars the loop moves with "Cue/Loop Move" function?
it seems to automatically have eight bars set, but how can i change that to 16?

thank you guys, i know its a lot to ask, just losing it a little right now. all settings are gone and nowhere to be found. playing toevening , as well as the next three days, getting nervous..... any help would be much appreciated!!!!
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Originally Posted by Enay
Maybe you figured it out already, but the problem seems to be OSX Mavericks. I just updated to it today and noticed right away that my MF utility is acting like yours. Hope they fix this soon. Someone also mentioned it on a thread.
Yeah, I actually ended up submitting an issue and talking to them
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Maybe you figured it out already, but the problem seems to be OSX Mavericks. I just updated to it today and noticed right away that my MF utility is acting like yours. Hope they fix this soon. Someone also mentioned it on a thread.
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
Stevan!

Mate, I have been playing around with the mapping you customized for me and in fact I would still like to get a few things out of the way. We are 90% there but the last bit would def make it ideal and after all that is how it should be when earning your main money from DJing right?

1. Button #7 is the Echo effect, would it be possible to bring a little tail in there just like you did with the reverb on Button #6?

2. The light around the "Play" button is really something I cannot deal with hahaha, if that could just be taken off completely?

3. For whatever reason everytime I start TP2 it starts with the Reverb in FX Unit 2 on, as well as the Echo in FX Unit 3. NI told me it shouldnt be like that and Traktor saves the FX settings that you ended the program with and starts with the same settings again. Clearly it doesnt. Do you know what can be done to change that? Coz at the moment I have to unhide the global section, tick off the two FX Units and then hide the global section again before starting my sets.

4. The green button for set loops, can that be changed too? Either gone completely or just to a white LED, just like the Echo-Freeze on Button #8 that would be cool, I prefer it less colorful actually.

Mate, if you could do these last alterations for me that would be more than amazing, let me know how it goes and what you need

Ta
Benjamin
Hey mate,

Did you look in to last version I did for you (0.2.0) at post #51. I believe the most of this has been covered in there.
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate,

Here is something for you to test. Only deck A at the moment so you can give me some feedback before I give an update to deck B.

JanuaryOne (A) 0.2.0.tsi
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
Dong Rosendale
Lajuana Garciaalvarez
I have a MF3D. When I launch the midi fighter utility I can't figure out how to get it to show all the color options and let me do any mapping at all (like show here http://www.djranking s.com/2012/07/1...n-beta/#mfutil) In fact, it doesn't display a model or family either, only a date next to the firmware field. http://cl.ly/image/0Z0b0O0z0F1S

What am I missing? It's receiving signals in bottom left when I press buttons.

I am running OS X Mavericks. Is it possibly a bug related to that?
Kellie Myrum
Enjoy it mate!

I have a couple of things that I'd add to this and post in maps as a dual MF .tsi

-address effects for individual deck
-add all cuepoints
-add some beatjumps
Maryalice Zwahlen
Just tried. Gold.
Cannot express how much you helped brother! Thanks a mill!!!!!
Kellie Myrum
Done:

I've changed the way reverb works so you can make a build by keeping it held down so you can have as huge tail as you need. Echo-out have suffered some changes as well, let me know if all sounds fine now.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Stewe!

Apologies again for the delay in responding. Cape Town is really getting so busy approaching season, sorry again!

I tested your mapping this afternoon for deck A, thank you so much, works very good, I believe the tail for button #7 is still off if I am not mistaken, but not to worry, I hardly use it anyways. Apart from that very cool that you could change the LEDs for me, makes a big difference.

When you have a moment could you send me the mapping for deck B as well, that would really be very cool, in the meantime I will switch back to the old one. Huge thanks again!!!
Maryalice Zwahlen
Ha! Sorry will check that out right now, thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Stevan!

Mate, I have been playing around with the mapping you customized for me and in fact I would still like to get a few things out of the way. We are 90% there but the last bit would def make it ideal and after all that is how it should be when earning your main money from DJing right?

1. Button #7 is the Echo effect, would it be possible to bring a little tail in there just like you did with the reverb on Button #6?

2. The light around the "Play" button is really something I cannot deal with hahaha, if that could just be taken off completely?

3. For whatever reason everytime I start TP2 it starts with the Reverb in FX Unit 2 on, as well as the Echo in FX Unit 3. NI told me it shouldnt be like that and Traktor saves the FX settings that you ended the program with and starts with the same settings again. Clearly it doesnt. Do you know what can be done to change that? Coz at the moment I have to unhide the global section, tick off the two FX Units and then hide the global section again before starting my sets.

4. The green button for set loops, can that be changed too? Either gone completely or just to a white LED, just like the Echo-Freeze on Button #8 that would be cool, I prefer it less colorful actually.

Mate, if you could do these last alterations for me that would be more than amazing, let me know how it goes and what you need

Ta
Benjamin
Hey mate,

Did you look in to last version I did for you (0.2.0) at post #51. I believe the most of this has been covered in there.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Stevan!

Ta
Benjamin
Kellie Myrum
Hope you enjoy your Spectra again! Stop by at any time man, I'm always around

Cheers,

Stevan
Maryalice Zwahlen
stewe, sorry for the late response.

played last evening with the last mapping you gave me before this one. amended few things myself and worked perfectly, hence im a bit hesitant to changing anything at this stage. i will leave as is for now, really loving it and slowly gaining trust again in the gear i use. after the last week i had too many weak knees i tell ya, so for now i will leave it as is. thank you so much again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate,

Here is something for you to test. Only deck A at the moment so you can give me some feedback before I give an update to deck B.

JanuaryOne (A) 0.2.0.tsi
Kellie Myrum
For the top left button I have deactivated the light in MF Utility and now it only blinks when in last 30 seconds, so that is perfect.
I'm pretty sure I didn't made this light in utility. Must be you've been messing with that

So at this stage the only two things that would be great to have is the LED of the play button removed and if possible maybe you could use that empty top left button to shut down all effects at once like you have. Dont know whether that is possible.
Totally possible, I'll look into adding this functions.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Thanks so much man, really appreciated. I have managed to re-store things the way I want them to be for now. At the end of the day everything is at least in fairly decent working order.

For the top left button I have deactivated the light in MF Utility and now it only blinks when in last 30 seconds, so that is perfect.
So at this stage the only two things that would be great to have is the LED of the play button removed and if possible maybe you could use that empty top left button to shut down all effects at once like you have. Dont know whether that is possible.

I hope things are going to be fine now, again thank you so much for your efforts, really huge!
Just hope that settings dont leave me during set again like Echo Freeze last weekend.
Kellie Myrum
I'm terribly sorry to hear this man. I've re-imported those files again for double check and everything work as expected.

You have the latest firmware installed? Imported the .mfs file for the both Spectra and sent to MIDIfighter?

As for some effects come activated on startup I believe the issue is with store preset command that I use for changing and activating an effect in single button press and indeed they are activated every time I open Traktor but that's simply how it's supposed to be because Traktor saves that snap shot on exiting the software. For this matter I have one button at my keyboard that automatically shut down all effects at once.

I'll look in to changing the play button LED as you have described tomorrow since I'm currently working on a custom mapping requests that I've started service for and I should have it done for tomorrow so my free time is pretty limited at the moment.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Okay following update:

to point 1) no changes
to point 2) the echo freeze was still active (even though i restarted the program) meaning that i started traktor and it already had fx switched on... shouldnt the program start with clean fx settings? or does it restore the last fx situation when closing the program?

also:
- how can i change that weird LED being lit around the play button? It is messing with my head, changing color according to levels of the song, dont want that all, too messy. just want it lit when i press it and background lit when not pressed.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Mate,

I just tried the mapping and adjusted a few things myself in the MF utility. Strange ass things are happening! I have no idea what is going on.

1. The button top left is blinking regardless of time. First time I tried it it was fine. After restart it went tits up and is blinking constantly regardless of time.

2. Worse than that: for whatever reason deck B is not even sending any signal to the master!!! I have no idea how that could in any way be connected to the mapping, it makes no sense! Again first time I tried it, after restart B is playing but no signal coming to master...?!?! This is in internal mode with internal soundcard...WTF

3. Tail in reverb is superb, thank you! No tail in echo though hey?

4. Now after restart (when everything was messed up again) I pressed - on deck A - Echo or Echo-Freeze (cant remember) and shit hit the fan. Beatmasher went on, and full on ballistic: half a beat repeated. Couldnt Cue, couldnt stop (by hitting play....) huuuge mess. ONly Echo-Freeze made it stop.

What the hell is going on here mate, I have absolutely no trust in this gear at this stage, these things make no sense. Nor Traktor Pro 2, nor the weird mapping errors.
Also while using your mapping prior to this last version I have had an issue with the echo-freeze just disappearing for deck B in the middle of the set. I pressed the button but nothing happened. Deck A was fine though.

Do you have ANY idea how these things work???
Kellie Myrum
No worries mate, I'm glad I could help out to fella DJ in trouble

You are very welcome!

Peace,
Maryalice Zwahlen
damn mate, i dont know how to thank you hahaha. great stuff. just back from another set. but will check it all out tomorrow, i am sure it is going to be banging!!!! thanks again. a mill! !.
Kellie Myrum
Never mind my last reply, wasn't lazy this morning and I made two mappings for you - took literally 15 minutes

This time the mappings are addressed to specific deck and most of LED feedback is done using the MF utility so you can easily change a color how ever you prefer. Note that I don't have second Spectra here to put it side by side and test but should work anyways.

I made an utility file as well, no side buttons assigned to bank.

JanuaryOne custom Spectra.zip
Kellie Myrum
Okay, so it happens only for FX buttons and all transport controls still affect the deck B as supposed?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy