Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Official MF Mapping for Traktor ProReply
Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro
Posted on: 06.01.2010 by
This thread has now been updated with a new( MF V 1.1), which has a few bug fixes and new features. V 1.1 requires traktor pro 1.24 or later, if you dont have version download the older 1.0 mapping.
Leota Saniuk
Originally Posted by jaysum
SHIFT: C3 (48), SYNC, C#3 (49), PAUSE: D3 (50), PLAY D#3 (51)
RECORD: G#2 (44), MASH: A2 (45), FILTER: A#2 (46), ECHO: B2 (47)
CUE 5: E2 (40), CUE 6: F2 (41), CUE 7: F#2 (42), CUE 8: G2 (43)
CUE 1: C2 (36), CUE 2: C#2 (37), CUE 3: D2 (38), CUE 4: D#2 (39)
Thx. After a bit of pondering I cam to the conclusion that it makes no sense to use the LPD8 with this mapping. But I might port it to my launchpad. I see a few ways of doing the mapping.

1) just use 16 buttons as part of a generic juggle magic page. probably using the rest of the button for some more fx magic
2) do the mapping for each deck on one page. meaning you wouldnt need to only work with the deck in focus
3) do away with the shift button and turn it into a deck select A/C and B/D button instead. this way each side would use 16x2 buttons

2) seems a bit overkill, 3) might be nice but maybe also overkill .. 1) of course requires a bit more creativity.

obviously the launchpad is less tactile (both from the button size and responsiveness), but the up side is that you can dynamically color code the buttons from green to yellow to red. in this way you can visualize better in what mode you are currently in.
Linnea Motes
Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi
Cue point chord mapping?
I second that. Just from looking at the mapping you can pretty much guess the top row and bottom two rows and from that kinda guess the effect row... but it would be nice to just have it spelled out. That way peeps like me with an MPD could brush up a map in Vysex in 5 minutes and try it out very easily - plus of course share the Vysex config online for others to use and be up and running in minutes.

Here's my guess, comments welcomed before I sit down toevening and test it.

The numbers in brackets are decimals and will help Vysex users. Once you know the decimals this layout is very probable!

True Midi-Fighters know their midi-notes/decimal/hex values

SHIFT: C3 (48), SYNC, C#3 (49), PAUSE: D3 (50), PLAY D#3 (51)
RECORD: G#2 (44), MASH: A2 (45), FILTER: A#2 (46), ECHO: B2 (47)
CUE 5: E2 (40), CUE 6: F2 (41), CUE 7: F#2 (42), CUE 8: G2 (43)
CUE 1: C2 (36), CUE 2: C#2 (37), CUE 3: D2 (38), CUE 4: D#2 (39)

Now once I get this created you can not only do a 'Golden' on your MPD but you can also keep your current MPD mapping and just switch to MF action with the rotary preset selector.

Whoop!
Leota Saniuk
you can habe an infinite amount of mappings. you can control which one actually does anything by assigning the ports. this way you can also have multiple active mappings for one controller or have one mapping for multiple controllers.
Donnette Parish
ok. sorry for all of the questions. Just still a little confused about the tPro midi configuration page. I just switched from t3 about a month ago. As of now I have, obviously, my keyboard control page. Then I have a page for my controller and the lpd8. And then I have one for the midifighter. So, If I want to give ean's mapping a try, I should save and remove my old midifighter tsi? Or is there a way to just add Ean's mapping on a different page and just turn one or the other off?
Leota Saniuk
a bit OT: i guess the core parts can be ported to the LPD8 using separate scene's for the shift action. plus there are additional knobs to mess around. then again probably a straight port doesnt make sense anyways, but this can be inspirational and maybe a starting point.
robin loo
i don't know if it's just me, but there are various things not working.

shift+sample: only led of cue 5 lights up and the settings for the bottom row seem to be messed up..

it often occures that if i sample a beat (e.g. press cue 2 and mash), the tempo slows down or rises (or even both) without me doing anthing (only holding the two buttons down)... this has obviously something to do with the master tempo.got it set to auto, but it always needs some bars to get to the right tempo.. why that?

osx 10.5.8
traktor 1.2.4
Melania Wollenhaupt
yes
just added gater and delay with feeze
Mac Fly
Originally Posted by EanGolden
This thread has now been updated with a new( MF V 1.1), which has a few bug fixes and new features. V 1.1 requires traktor pro 1.24 or later, if you dont have version download the older 1.0 mapping.
Are the mash/filter combos still available on this mapping? I don't see them marked in the ares they were before.
Melania Wollenhaupt
Just a quick post to report a possible BUG in Midifighter TSI 1.1
It would seem that when in Filter Juggle mode or Beatmash Juggle mode, the top 2 buttons on the midiflghter engage the FX and change the timings as normal, however they don't Engage the FX 2 in the mixer section. so you only get 2 bits of the juggle.

hope you get what i mean.
gater idea is kinda cool.

Love the delay with "hold Freeze"

can't wait for the video
Spencer Leveck
Are there instructions on how to add switches to the MidiFighter? Where is the ground, what resistance or diodes might need to be used? How about the resistance for using pots and sliders?

I would love to add another switch as a 'modifier' in order to flip between various mapping skins on the fly...

I'm having the most fun with my MidiFighter as just a simple hotcue map, but it would be fun to flip into other modes... and who knows, just get crazy with an extra switch?

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and tips.
Jeffie Rahi
hi
when I do mod1=2 led A2 is on but when I set mod1=3 Led A2 is on as well
How can I change the LED ouput to A#2 for mod1=3?
I thought that would be more compressible in a live set
thanks
Adolf Hit
hah - good to hear you got it sorted!
Dorthy Delamar
I figured it out midifidler, I had traktor 1.1 running thats why it didnt see it
Adolf Hit
Its not coz you are looking at the keyboard mappings?
Thats the default first screen in 1.2
Melania Wollenhaupt
Ok so my Midifighter arrived yesterday and i put it all together with out issue!
Nice work DJTT!!

Installed the TSI today and it is a little confusing to start with.
i'm sure that once the dust has settled from NAMM 2010 then ean will do us proud with a short video explaining the logic behind the TSI.

I hate to mention it but how about a Juggle EFX overlay!!!
kinda goes against everyones awesome face plate artwork, however i have gone for a clear naked look with mine so having an overlay would not be to much hassle for me.
just an idea.

any of you guys worked out all the shift functions yet?
i have had a look at the TSI and it is full on. full marks Ean the TSI NINJA!!

i have done some basic mapping for friends setups and i know how long it takes. thats with out all the shift modifiers in-place.

keep up the good work
Evangeline Abraha
Just installed mine and it works straight out from the box, the efx chords are dope : ) great for creating extra tension & buildups!

M
Hilma Dellosa
I really like the mash/filter juggle aspect of this mapping. Makes for very fun combos with the delay.

However, I seem to not understand the implementation of the "Sample 8 beats" function. It sets up an advanced ringmodulator on fx unit 3. Is this correct?

Also, the Echo button only activates the effect, I have to manually set the amount, is this the way it's supposed to be as well?

Perhaps a video demoing the map would clear up my confusion on this.

Thanks again for the awesome work.
robin loo
Originally Posted by jason zenso
TSI 3.0 Isnt out yet? is it?
i don't believe so.. there's neither a blog entry nor a community thread..
Dorthy Delamar
TSI 3.0 Isnt out yet? is it?
Earnest Spink
Did I miss the release of the TSI 3.0?

Ean wrote the release would be "just after January first"....

The Midifighter of a friend works well with my vci setup.
Still waiting for my midi fighter so I wasn't able to test excessively yet.
Melania Wollenhaupt
I Wish I known about this kinda mapping before i ordered my buttons.
i would have gone for multi colors. RED being Shift ETC.
the TSI itself looks great.
Am i right in believeing that there seems to be hints of the VC1 100 TSI 3.0 in there?

I.E Mapped EFX pulled up to work as an EFX Group with one button push?

Anyone on here own Both the VCI 100 SE & MidiFighter?
do they work together nicely?

have not tried my Midi Fighter yet as it is on its way to Shanghai where i live so need to wait a little bit longer.
Donnette Parish
Cue point chord mapping?
Murray Rollinson
So I get the shift changes the form from the origianl mode (using Eans pic, what's on the button) to the modified mode (the red text under each button from Ean's pic). So what's the purple text under each button signify? I'm alittle confused. I'm going to try this TSi and see if I can figure it out.
Random X
Originally Posted by crazyjose1981
OK how do i get this mapping? every time I click on it it redirects me back to the begining of the community like I never logged in...any clues?
Originally Posted by emmanuelddr
same for me !
You both might want to try a different browser. Sometimes the origin of these problems lies within your browser.
Danae Dumler
Thanks for including "delete" keys with the cue triggers; this is one of my pet peeves of Traktor pro is that you can't trigger cues without creating them if they're not there. I don't have 8 cue points in every song and don't want to add them, especially not by accident - lol. The shift-delete works great and very intuitive.
Vivan Mckenty
Well for some reason all controls don't really work.
I believe it's because of my configuration.

Would you be kind enough to post a little sum up of how you set up your FX ?

I'm new on this community so I'll also look around for answers myself.

Thx anyway, this midifighter rocks 1000 times better than my nanoPAD !
Vivan Mckenty
Gonna try this one right now !!! Thx Ean
Beau Cotts
ok mine downloaded now awesome!
Evangeline Abraha
Thanks Ean, Looking forward to trying this out alongside my existing Boogie Pimps map For Otus-controller. SHould be a smash ; )

My TSI Downloaded just fine.

Cheers,

M
Gabrielle Verhoff
same for me !

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy