How can a knob have two functions with different input values and no modifier?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: How can a knob have two functions with different input values and no modifier?Reply
How can a knob have two functions with different input values and no modifier?
Posted on: 12.04.2013 by Alberta Cuttler
I was going over a mapping that I got for my DJC4 controller for Traktor Pro and noticed the following in the controller mapping for the Mid Adjust knob:

For the Mid Adjust knob it is mapped the following:

In Deck A Direct Ch01.CC.005

Now for the same knob if I hold Shift and rotate the knob it functions as the Key Adjust. When I look at the mapping for this function I see the following:

In Deck A Direct Ch01.CC.035

How is it that same knob has two functions, but their input values are different? From my understanding if we want to map a second function to a knob, button, etc. and we incorporate the use of the Shift key there should be a modifier first mapped to the Shift key and then associated with the second function of the knob under the "Cond1" column. How is it that the "Mapped to" values can be different for the same knob when the 2nd function only adds the use of the "Shift" key?

How is it that there is no modifier here with the 2nd function of the knob and the same knob has two different input values?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by joemann002

From looking at your input the MIDI channel seems to be the same. It's just that CC massages are switching on shift.
Alberta Cuttler
Originally Posted by Stewe
That is the part of firmware. Some controllers like Vestax and Pioneer are sending massages in different MIDI ch while shift is on hold... Your controller acts the same except for keeping the same MIDI channel.
But it is not same midi channel since that same knob is using 005 for one function and 035 for another function with same knob..correct?

So this knob without shift on hold it's midi channel is "005" and when Shift on hold it's midi channel then becomes "035"...is that correct? So in the end that knob is mapped with two different midi channels and depending on whether you hold the shift or not it be either 005 or 035.

Anyway to figure out what this second channel number is for the other knobs like "Low" and High" knobs so that I can map them to other things like filters, etc.?
Alberta Cuttler
I was going over a mapping that I got for my DJC4 controller for Traktor Pro and noticed the following in the controller mapping for the Mid Adjust knob:

For the Mid Adjust knob it is mapped the following:

Now for the same knob if I hold Shift and rotate the knob it functions as the Key Adjust. When I look at the mapping for this function I see the following:

How is it that same knob has two functions, but their input values are different? From my understanding if we want to map a second function to a knob, button, etc. and we incorporate the use of the Shift key there should be a modifier first mapped to the Shift key and then associated with the second function of the knob under the "Cond1" column. How is it that the "Mapped to" values can be different for the same knob when the 2nd function only adds the use of the "Shift" key?

How is it that there is no modifier here with the 2nd function of the knob and the same knob has two different input values?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by joemann002

From looking at your input the MIDI channel seems to be the same. It's just that CC massages are switching on shift.
Alberta Cuttler
Originally Posted by Stewe
That is the part of firmware. Some controllers like Vestax and Pioneer are sending massages in different MIDI ch while shift is on hold... Your controller acts the same except for keeping the same MIDI channel.
But it is not same midi channel since that same knob is using 005 for one function and 035 for another function with same knob..correct?

So this knob without shift on hold it's midi channel is "005" and when Shift on hold it's midi channel then becomes "035"...is that correct? So in the end that knob is mapped with two different midi channels and depending on whether you hold the shift or not it be either 005 or 035.

Anyway to figure out what this second channel number is for the other knobs like "Low" and High" knobs so that I can map them to other things like filters, etc.?
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy