Traktor Pro 2.5 and DDj S1 mapping help????

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor Pro 2.5 and DDj S1 mapping help????Reply
Traktor Pro 2.5 and DDj S1 mapping help????
Posted on: 25.06.2012 by Leisa Vanoni
Hello all, i am new to the community s and im not sure if this sections is for requests too. I was wondering if there are any mappings for ddj s1 to traktor. I was trying to figure it out, but the interface is harder to map, than SSL programs. If anybody could provide some help, i saw a mapping online. However, it barely had anything mapped, for 2.5. Thank you
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by DJ GMac
Give me a bit and ill check, sorry for my abscense but im back. lets get this thing mapped! haha
I agree. Let me know when you check modifiers for vinyl buttons.
Collen Bolish
Originally Posted by Stewe
You can control more with beta mapping because this last mapping I've started from scratch and it contain only jogwheels and vinyl buttons for A and B.

Does vinyl button toggle LED on each deck?
Give me a bit and ill check, sorry for my abscense but im back. lets get this thing mapped! haha
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by De Peluche
I believe thats one of the differences with the DDJ-T1
We are creating mapping for DDJ-S1 that's why nothing is working for your T1...

I can inform you that mixer controls on S1 also send midi notes as I know that from first diagram.
Kellie Myrum
Once again nice work Stewe

I've checked the PDF file and it seems to me that mixer controls are on the last page?
There are only first column with CH5 which indicate midi channel that control is send trough and there is next column which say only CC.... notes are missing.

Have you tested mapping?
Marylynn Schuerman
H De Peluche and thanks for your pdf. I've check it and actually it might get useful since G-Mac have covered one layer of midi massages and here I see another layer which is Shift+ that's also listed (second column of CC). There is one thing tho, mixer controls seem to be missing in your pdf.

Nice search

I've checked the PDF file and it seems to me that mixer controls are on the last page?
Kellie Myrum
Here it is, jogs + vinyl button:

DDJS1 Traktor jog.tsi

It should work the same as you can do it with serato. When button is "off" pitchband should work from side of the jogwheel (nudge) and from plater (top) as well. When "on" it should scratch if notes are correct.
Kellie Myrum
This

Snapshot 19.jpg

I'll remap current tsi for jogwheel and post it pretty soon.
Kellie Myrum
Hey Stew and DJ Gmac,

First of all I want to see how grateful I am for all of your work!

I did some searching on the internet and found an xls-file with all the midi notes of the DDJ-S1. I made a PDF file of it and wanted to share it with you guys.

Maybe it's unnecessary, perhaps very useful
H De Peluche and thanks for your pdf. I've check it and actually it might get useful since G-Mac have covered one layer of midi massages and here I see another layer which is Shift+ that's also listed (second column of CC). There is one thing tho, mixer controls seem to be missing in your pdf.

Nice search
Kirk Christoffel
Anyone ever finished this mapping or was it a bust???
Oneida Perrello
Hello,

I am just wondering whatever became of this mapping? Did it work out?! Thanks a lot for all of the time invested in this... It looks like this controller was a huge problem to map for Traktor.
Nicolas Munjal
Thank You guys, This is a really cool project to have a fully featured switch hitter controller.
Chang Mubarak
Hello helpful people. I'm new, this is my first post. This thread is what brought me to djranking s.

Just want to thank you guys for working on this project. A friend of mine is hoping to get his DDJ-S1 working with Traktor. I'm going to give him the map file(s) (I guess we'll try both the beta and the more recent one) and see how it works for him.

Again, many thanks for what you guys have accomplished so far on this.
Kellie Myrum
I agree. Let me know when you check modifiers for vinyl buttons.
Collen Bolish
You can control more with beta mapping because this last mapping I've started from scratch and it contain only jogwheels and vinyl buttons for A and B.

Kellie Myrum

Marylynn Schuerman
Don't get me wrong, I own a DDJ-S1 not a DDJ-T1

I only thought that was the reason for the missing information you were asking for...

With your beta version of the mapping I was able to control more functions of the DDJ-S1. I will try again, maybe I did something wrong when I imported the file.

Let you know!
Kellie Myrum
We are creating mapping for DDJ-S1 that's why nothing is working for your T1...

I can inform you that mixer controls on S1 also send midi notes as I know that from first diagram.
Marylynn Schuerman
I've tested it and it seems nothing is happening :-(

About the missing notes:

I believe it may have to do with the fact that mixing is processing in the ddj-s1 itself and not through the software?

Kellie Myrum

There are only first column with CH5 which indicate midi channel that control is send trough and there is next column which say only CC.... notes are missing.

Have you tested mapping?
Marylynn Schuerman

Nice search

Kellie Myrum
Here it is, jogs + vinyl button:

DDJS1 Traktor jog.tsi

It should work the same as you can do it with serato. When button is "off" pitchband should work from side of the jogwheel (nudge) and from plater (top) as well. When "on" it should scratch if notes are correct.
Kellie Myrum
This

Snapshot 19.jpg

I'll remap current tsi for jogwheel and post it pretty soon.
Kellie Myrum
Hey Stew and DJ Gmac,

First of all I want to see how grateful I am for all of your work!

I did some searching on the internet and found an xls-file with all the midi notes of the DDJ-S1. I made a PDF file of it and wanted to share it with you guys.

Nice search
Marylynn Schuerman
Hey Stew and DJ Gmac,

First of all I want to say how grateful I am for all of your work!

Kellie Myrum
Have you uploaded it on youtube or somewhere? I have an email but if you can simply share link here. Use insert video option to upload it here or use add link if you have uploaded it already to some of sites.
Collen Bolish
Ok, first we need to make sure modifiers are working and you can check that in little modifier slots (see pic) because if modifier doesn't work or it other words don't change it's value to 1 scratching cant get command to work because of modifier conditions deck A (M1=1) and deck B (M2=1).

jog scratch.JPG

One more thing you can try and it would be probably the best to assign it directly from controller using learn function.

Do you have an email i can send a video too? I took a quick video to show you the problems ive been having with the scratch mode... its easier just to make a video and show you
Kellie Myrum
Ok, first we need to make sure modifiers are working and you can check that in little modifier slots (see pic) because if modifier doesn't work or it other words don't change it's value to 1 scratching cant get command to work because of modifier conditions deck A (M1=1) and deck B (M2=1).

jog scratch.JPG

One more thing you can try and it would be probably the best to assign it directly from controller using learn function.
Collen Bolish
Remember to test both of jogs, Was left one the fast and what about right jog was it normal?
and forgot to say about the right jog wheel, doesnt work
Collen Bolish
Remember to test both of jogs, Was left one the fast and what about right jog was it normal?
When scratch mode is not activatedon the left jog, it pitches up and down a fairly large amount of bpm. but when you press scratch mode button you have to hold the button down and it pauses the song as if you were to hold down vinyl from moving whilst the platter is still moving BUT when you try to scratch it jumps to +2000 and something bpm or -2000 bpm
Kellie Myrum
Collen Bolish
Added scratch function button (scratch on/off) as normally in serato.

Touch jog
Pitchband set to 50%
Scratch set to 100%

Since I don't know how accurate your jogs are I have set round numbers for sensitivity so you can test it and tell me what should be best to inc or dec it for most perfect result we can get.

DDJS1 Traktor jog.tsi

Hey, might want to try something else.. it doesnt scratch while deck is playing and while its paused the sensitivity isnt changed based on what i tried it just goes one really fast speed
Collen Bolish

Touch jog
Pitchband set to 50%
Scratch set to 100%

Since I don't know how accurate your jogs are I have set round numbers for sensitivity so you can test it and tell me what should be best to inc or dec it for most perfect result we can get.

DDJS1 Traktor jog.tsi
Ok sorry for the delay just give me one moment

got to setup my gear
Kellie Myrum

Touch jog
Pitchband set to 50%
Scratch set to 100%

DDJS1 Traktor jog.tsi
Kellie Myrum
if I remember correctly when you just touch and not move the jog you get cc.034

so my suggestion is try ch01.cc.034 like you would for deck a and ch02 for deck b and we will see if it will work

if thats okay with you of course

thanks!
Exactly my thought

Give ma a minute.
Collen Bolish
Just a thought. It might send only CC.034 if it sends CC.034+CC.002 when scratching.
if I remember correctly when you just touch and not move the jog you get cc.034

so my suggestion is try ch01.cc.034 like you would for deck a and ch02 for deck b and we will see if it will work

if thats okay with you of course

thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Just a thought. It might send only CC.034 if it sends CC.034+CC.002 when scratching.
Kellie Myrum
You might don't know that every touch sensitive jog has two controls and your DDJ S1 too. It mast have one midi note when you just press it (without scratching) that's how traktor know when you touch the record and stop's playback

Now, those CC that you've entered in diagram are for scratching and pitchbanding and that's ok. I beleave your S1 have microswitches in jogwheels like CDJ and S4 so that moment any of switches is pressed midi note is send to traktor...

Short. Just press it and see if note is on display if not then it could be an issue with your controller.
Collen Bolish
Add knowledge.

When I said jog touch I meant on touch sensitive part on top of the jogwheel (for scratching). I guess that's all for now and when you send me those midi notes I can start mapping it.
Hey,

When you scratch the jog wheel on the S1 that is the message you get... where you just expecting ONE midi note? because i believe there may be one i would just need to find it

thanks
Kellie Myrum
Ok, Yep my mistake on the right deck... should both be under CH02.

However if you are looking for jog touch... as in scratching or as in the pitch bend on the side of the jog? If so I can get it for you in about say... 10-12 hours.. its nearly 4am for me just got home from a wedding gig lol.

just need to clarify before i take my gear out and check for midi messages again

Thanks!
Add knowledge.

When I said jog touch I meant on touch sensitive part on top of the jogwheel (for scratching). I guess that's all for now and when you send me those midi notes I can start mapping it.
Collen Bolish
I noticed you have missed "jog touch" midi note for both of jog wheels and also make sure right jog wheel has correct code - it says Ch02.CC.034+Ch01.CC.002 in diagram but when I want to map it I can only find Ch02.CC.034+Ch02.CC.002 from controls manager. Can you please check it out?

I have deleted all commands from your mapping and started from scratch. First thing to map will be jogs and once we got it working properly with banding and scratching sensitivity I'll then add the rest of controls.

Ok, Yep my mistake on the right deck... should both be under CH02.

However if you are looking for jog touch... as in scratching or as in the pitch bend on the side of the jog? If so I can get it for you in about say... 10-12 hours.. its nearly 4am for me just got home from a wedding gig lol.

just need to clarify before i take my gear out and check for midi messages again

Thanks!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy