Vestax Spin *LIBERTY* Mapping for TRAKTOR PRO 2.0.1

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Vestax Spin *LIBERTY* Mapping for TRAKTOR PRO 2.0.1Reply
Vestax Spin *LIBERTY* Mapping for TRAKTOR PRO 2.0.1
Posted on: 05.06.2011 by Desire Kwiek
Greetings to all fellow DJs and Spin users!

I have been AWOLing for what seems like a decade now, but I have managed to find the time and craft a really stable, feature-rich and quite frankly AWESOME map for Traktor PRO 2 to go with the little Spin controller.

I am polishing some final features that will come with Version 1 and will be uploading toevening .

Version 1.0 would include

• 1. Full 'Transport' Support
  • Accurate and Fun Jog Scratching
  • Manual and Auto Looping
  • All LEDs (incl. Gain Meters) are now working without gliches
  • FX Mode 1 with Jog Cotrol (there will be Mode 2)
  • 6 Fully Functional Sample Decks Integration
  • Load / Play / Clear functionality for each Sample Slot from 1 through 6
  • 'Sync' button blinks with thempo of the track
  • When in "Sample Control" Mode, trigger buttons blink in tempo of the track in order to indicate that mode is ON
  • etc

Okay... so please let me know if you guys are interested. I will be uploading the mapping here @ DJTT ONLY! I will be accepting questions through Skype and will try and help you out with whatever questions you might have. Let me know what you believe!

P.S. The map works specifically well with ASIO4ALL drivers.

Soo... Cheers and

Stay Positive!

EDIT 06.06.2011:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Vestax Spin Liberty Mapping for Traktor PRO 2.0.1 Ver. 1.0 by oldfashioned.0.1 Ver. 1.tsi
Walker Soleyn
Originally Posted by ketkev
is there a mac version i cant get my spin to work with pro 2 any help guys
This map works with Mac. Its not bang on, but with a little exploration and fine tuning, you can squeeze quite a bit out of a hardware/software relationship that wasn't even really designed to work with one another.

Buttons ARE toys... Just start pressing stuff until it works!!!
Jaleesa Kalis
Hi I seems link is broken(((

Originally Posted by oldfashioned

I have been AWOLing for what seems like a decade now, but I have managed to find the time and craft a really stable, feature-rich and quite frankly AWESOME map for Traktor PRO 2 to go with the little Spin controller.

I am polishing some final features that will come with Version 1 and will be uploading toevening .

• When in "Sample Control" Mode, trigger buttons blink in tempo of the track in order to indicate that mode is ON
  • etc

Okay... so please let me know if you guys are interested. I will be uploading the mapping here @ DJTT ONLY! I will be accepting questions through Skype and will try and help you out with whatever questions you might have. Let me know what you believe!

Soo... Cheers and

Stay Positive!

EDIT 06.06.2011:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Vestax Spin Liberty Mapping for Traktor PRO 2.0.1 Ver. 1.0 by oldfashioned.0.1 Ver. 1.tsi
Desire Kwiek
Okay so... here we go.

This is Ver.1.0! There are a few minor yet quite distracting glitches that you might or might not find, anyway I am working on removing them.

Instructions:

1. All the basic controls work as they are intended.

2. "Auto" button sets a 16 Bar Autoloop
3. To manual loop you press "Set Cue" (the button next to Play) and then you press the In/Out button in order to close the loop. In order to disable the loop you press either AUTO or IN/OUT.

/both buttons IN/OUT and AUTO are lit when in loop/

4. FX MODE 1 is engaged by pressing the corresponding FX button for Deck A and Deck B. You control the Dry/Wet with the Jog Wheel and Parameter 1 / 2 and 3 with EQ Low/Mid and High. You scroll through the list of FX with the Nintendo Cross. You press the FX button again to exit FX MODE 1

5. SAMPLE MODE - not whis one is a little tricky

a) You enable Sample Mode for Deck A by pressing the MIC FX button. The button is then lit and the Play/Set Cue/Play Cue buttons start blinking in the tempo of the track you-re playing. This indicates that you're in Sample Mode.

b) To load a Sample/Loop into Slot 1 you select it from your browser then hold AUTOMIX and PLAY. To "flush" the slot (clear the sample) you hold SHIFT and press PLAY

Look at it that way...

Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3

Play Set Cue Play Cue

AUTOMIX + CORRESPONDING SLOT BUTTON = LOAD SAMPLE

SHIFT + CORRESPONDING SLOT BUTTON = DELETE SAMPLE

We can only use 3 slots since integrating 4 would be pushing it and would result in quite uncomfortable DJing experience. Don't forget that the Spin is as low-end as it gets.

The mechanic works the same for Deck B, however to enable SAMPLE MODE for deck b you press the REC button.

So. MIC FX (LEFT BUTTON) - DECK A

REC (RIGHT BUTTON) - DECK B

6. BROWSING and SELECTING - you can alternatively browse through large lists of tracks by holding shift and using the LEFT jog wheel in an iPod fashion. This will toggle Browsing Mode. When you have your track selected you load the track wherever you need it with the Nintendo Cross right or left buttons. This would automatically exit browsing mode.

Setup and Settings (Just in case someone gets lost)

Check out settings here ---> CLICK

I believe this is it for now...

Cheers and

Stay Positive!

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Desire Kwiek

• etc

Soo... Cheers and

Stay Positive!

EDIT 06.06.2011:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Walker Soleyn
Originally Posted by ketkev
This map works with Mac. Its not bang on, but with a little exploration and fine tuning, you can squeeze quite a bit out of a hardware/software relationship that wasn't even really designed to work with one another.

Buttons ARE toys... Just start pressing stuff until it works!!!
Walker Soleyn
Oldfashioned..

I literally bought a spin 6 hours ago, whilst using Traktor full tilt boogie.

I'm runnin a fully clocked Mac, and your layout works like a hot damn. Thank you for the outstanding work

*THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ELSE*

The Spin IS NOT designed, nor laid out for Traktor in any way, shape, or form.

Just because its Vestax doesn't mean its idiot proof..

By all means, Its not all the way in as far as assignment goes. BUT... there quite a few buttons on that there little board, and if you pay attention to OldFashioned's control sequences (as per the assignment and coordination guide he provided), you will find there's quite a few knobby bits and blinkin do-dads that operate functions other than what's pasted on your unit.

Like I said... Not perfect. However; Learn your machine thoroughly in this setup and you may surprise yourself.

Just start pushing stuff until something works for ya!

I will post addendum's to the mapping as I come across them... And corrections/improvements where possible.

As this is my first post ever, may I just say...

Glad to be on the team..

More to follow
Isadora Yellen
Delmy Porfido
might sound stupid, but mine isn't working! can someone please help me?
Stefani Misiti
alright I figured it out and t is working fine. I dont understand the needle button turning on the filter, and i have not found how to control the filter. BUT! I am orking on figuring out a way to map the loop recording and loading into the sample decks. also if We could find a way to map that out and load it to decks we want and then save the individual samples we just created into a sample playlist.

-mini
let me know if you have any suggestions.
Stefani Misiti
hey,

mine keeps crashing upon loading f the mapping into traktor pro 2.

any hints? I will try to get the version ect. later i am away from my computer.
Coreen Pankow
wish i still had my spin so i could try this out... deff fowarding this thread to the kid i sold it to tho

welcome back man!
Chasidy Heckenbach
nothing should be 'pc' specific... unless he's using extra software which i don't believe he is - this is just a tsi - should work on pc or mac. just tweak the output routing as you would do normally re: asio4all
Laurene Turek
Oldfashioned,
Thanks for all your hard work so far. I've just bought a Spin and Traktor Pro and know almost nothing about mapping. Will this map work with a Mac? Also I notice in your preferences settings that you use ASIO4all, what do you use for a Macbook Pro?
Thanks in advance for anyones input.
B
Ewa Bucior
oldfashioned do you have a template so we can see all the features? I can't even figure out how to filter on this. Also the effects mode is not working for me, but I did not import from main menu, I did it from the controller mappings section (if that makes sense).
Ewa Bucior
Oh my god. You're back. And you mapped the sample deck.. This exact question came to my mind recently.
Jaleesa Kalis
Hi I seems link is broken(((

Originally Posted by oldfashioned

• etc

Soo... Cheers and

Stay Positive!

EDIT 06.06.2011:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Desire Kwiek
This mapping is intended for PC! So this is defo not the problem.

However, for the sake of experimentation, I have tried using Typhoon Mapping on the Spin and it didn't work quite well either.

So I guess the Typhoon has different MIDI specs then the Spin

Also make sure you setup Traktor like this --> CLICK
Francine Mcdougal
I have a Typhoon, downloaded this and it works fairly well. headphones buttons dont work, or FX.. the jog wheel scroll through library isn't functioning either. I totally understand this could because I'm using a PC... any suggestions though?
Desire Kwiek
Okay so... here we go.

This is Ver.1.0! There are a few minor yet quite distracting glitches that you might or might not find, anyway I am working on removing them.

Instructions:

1. All the basic controls work as they are intended.

2. "Auto" button sets a 16 Bar Autoloop
3. To manual loop you press "Set Cue" (the button next to Play) and then you press the In/Out button in order to close the loop. In order to disable the loop you press either AUTO or IN/OUT.

/both buttons IN/OUT and AUTO are lit when in loop/

4. FX MODE 1 is engaged by pressing the corresponding FX button for Deck A and Deck B. You control the Dry/Wet with the Jog Wheel and Parameter 1 / 2 and 3 with EQ Low/Mid and High. You scroll through the list of FX with the Nintendo Cross. You press the FX button again to exit FX MODE 1

5. SAMPLE MODE - not whis one is a little tricky

a) You enable Sample Mode for Deck A by pressing the MIC FX button. The button is then lit and the Play/Set Cue/Play Cue buttons start blinking in the tempo of the track you-re playing. This indicates that you're in Sample Mode.

b) To load a Sample/Loop into Slot 1 you select it from your browser then hold AUTOMIX and PLAY. To "flush" the slot (clear the sample) you hold SHIFT and press PLAY

Look at it that way...

Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3

Play Set Cue Play Cue

AUTOMIX + CORRESPONDING SLOT BUTTON = LOAD SAMPLE

SHIFT + CORRESPONDING SLOT BUTTON = DELETE SAMPLE

We can only use 3 slots since integrating 4 would be pushing it and would result in quite uncomfortable DJing experience. Don't forget that the Spin is as low-end as it gets.

The mechanic works the same for Deck B, however to enable SAMPLE MODE for deck b you press the REC button.

So. MIC FX (LEFT BUTTON) - DECK A

REC (RIGHT BUTTON) - DECK B

6. BROWSING and SELECTING - you can alternatively browse through large lists of tracks by holding shift and using the LEFT jog wheel in an iPod fashion. This will toggle Browsing Mode. When you have your track selected you load the track wherever you need it with the Nintendo Cross right or left buttons. This would automatically exit browsing mode.

Setup and Settings (Just in case someone gets lost)

Check out settings here ---> CLICK

I believe this is it for now...

Cheers and

Stay Positive!

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0
Hayley Heering
Awsome

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy