Vestax VCI-100 Single Button Brake Effect Not Working Properly and Pitch Range Button

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Vestax VCI-100 Single Button Brake Effect Not Working Properly and Pitch Range ButtonReply
Vestax VCI-100 Single Button Brake Effect Not Working Properly and Pitch Range Button
Posted on: 12.06.2013 by Kareen Bronson
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with the following 2 issues.

Issue # 1

I recently purchased a Vestax VCI-100 (Silver) and updated to FW 1.4. I am currently creating my own custom mapping and have set up a Single Button Brake Effect. The effect is not working properly. When the button assigned as the Brake Button is pressed, the braking effect does not happen until about 4 seconds later. Why is there a delay of about 4 seconds before the brake effect engages? I want the brake effect to engage immediately. I imagine my mapping is incorrect and I am hoping someone can help me fix this issue.

Here is a snapshot/attachment of Xtreme Mapping App showing my mapping of the effect.

Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 10.48.37 PM.jpg

Here are the values that were set.
Wet/Dry value = 1 (Full)
AMNT value = 0
R.SPD value = 0
B.SPD value = 0.630

Please show me how this can be resolved.

Issue # 2

I would like to know how I can make a single button on my controller change (Toggle) the Tempo Range from 12% to 20%. I know I can manually change the setting under Transport Tab - Tempo Range Selection with a mouse but I want to be able to make this change using the controller.

Please keep in mind, that I am very new to the world of Midi Mapping so if my question is pretty basic stuff then I apologize in advance. I have done some research on the internet and looked through this community but I am stuck and frustrated. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,
Dan B.
Armando Waithour
easiest way to make your own mapping:
load a vci100 mapping from DJTT, open in XtremeMapping and copy your desired commands into your mapping. it
Armando Waithour
load a vci100 mapping from DJTT, open in XtremeMapping and copy your desired commands into your mapping. it
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Kareen Bronson
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with the following 2 issues.

Issue # 1

I recently purchased a Vestax VCI-100 (Silver) and updated to FW 1.4. I am currently creating my own custom mapping and have set up a Single Button Brake Effect. The effect is not working properly. When the button assigned as the Brake Button is pressed, the braking effect does not happen until about 4 seconds later. Why is there a delay of about 4 seconds before the brake effect engages? I want the brake effect to engage immediately. I imagine my mapping is incorrect and I am hoping someone can help me fix this issue.

Here is a snapshot/attachment of Xtreme Mapping App showing my mapping of the effect.

Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 10.48.37 PM.jpg

Here are the values that were set.
Wet/Dry value = 1 (Full)
AMNT value = 0
R.SPD value = 0
B.SPD value = 0.630

Please show me how this can be resolved.

Issue # 2

I would like to know how I can make a single button on my controller change (Toggle) the Tempo Range from 12% to 20%. I know I can manually change the setting under Transport Tab - Tempo Range Selection with a mouse but I want to be able to make this change using the controller.

Please keep in mind, that I am very new to the world of Midi Mapping so if my question is pretty basic stuff then I apologize in advance. I have done some research on the internet and looked through this community but I am stuck and frustrated. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,
Dan B.
Armando Waithour
Kellie Myrum
I might be needing to look into your TSI to get idea what could be your issue. Could be LED range, modifier condition, incorrect note...

Please attach your mapping for me to check it out.
Kareen Bronson
I ended up using FX Unit 4 for deck B and that solved the problem. Thanks for your help Stewe!

Now I need to figure out why my Deck A Sync button LED will not come on. The button engages the Sync function and Its mapped just like Deck B and that one comes on fine. This is so frustrating...

I also need to get my Cue button LEDs working for both decks. Not sure why they wont come on when pressed. My play buttons LEDs work fine.

More trial and error I guess.
Kellie Myrum
Just to clarify. Do you have two brake effects loaded in to two separate FX units and each assigned to specific deck?
Kareen Bronson
Stewe,
I should have mentioned before but I do have the buttons routed to the specific decks and still have this issue. I have Deck A selected for one (left side) and Deck B selected for the other (right side). Oh and the LEDs come on for both decks as well. Any ideas?
I can send you a snapshot of my mapping toevening when I get home if that helps.
Dan
Kellie Myrum
No worries, I'm glad to help.

Saying your brake effect affects both decks made me believe that you have deck route buttons checked for A and B. Look for little buttons in your mixer section.

As for custom map you're after I'd be glad to make one for free if only I had VCI... Takes like half an hour for me to create a simple map like that.

Happy hunting.
Kareen Bronson
Stewe,
thanks for the response.

I actually tried another method to mapping this function and after the eight beat count the button will engage immediately. My only issue now is when I press the brake button on deck A it also engages the brake button on deck b (and visa versa) Not sure why this is happening now. Can you tell me how I can stop this from occurring. Maybe something small or simple I am missing?
Also, this mapping stuff is extremely time consuming, especially when you take into consideration I am very new to midi mapping, I have kids and working a full-time job. Would you or do you know anyone willing to make a custom map? Of course I would pay for the service. I just dont have the time and would love to have my controller work the way I want without trial and error. I mostly mix House and Progressive House so I dont need the tons of options like the one Ian created and posted on DJTECHTOOLS. Just mostly basic stuff (Original Silver Layout Options) with effects. The one thing I do love from Ians mappings is the Jog Wheel control settings. Anyway would love if someone would be willing to do one for me as a paid service.
Kellie Myrum
Hey Dan,

1. That isn't an issue. TTFX takes eight beat count to load track into the buffer. Same applies for reverse grain.

2. No MIDI command for tempo range.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy