Posted on: 07.02.2012 by Marylyn Vine
Hello,

I would like to share a simple yet powerful touchscreen MIDI controller I made using Lemur for iOS. I call it
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

I'm sorry for the late reply, folks. I've been a little busy with work.

Originally Posted by MrJackBlack
hello popoff44
First: thank you very much for this template

I have a little problem with the selection of the effects: When I load the TSI file to Traktor every effect will set to 'BOUNCE'. When I try to select another effect
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

hello popoff44

I have a little problem with the selection of the effects: When I load the TSI file to Traktor every effect will set to 'BOUNCE'. When I try to select another effect
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

hello popoff44

Marylyn Vine
Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying the template!

P.S. This thread was originally about 21, but please make sure you are using 43, which is the latest version available at http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/333/. It has a number of important improvements including ability to choose from all 43 effects shipped with Traktor 2.6.x.

Originally Posted by 031999
Hey I just wanted to bump this because it is really awesome!
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

If you liked "21", I invite you to check out the new version of the template: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/333/

It's called "43" and features the following enhancements:

- Custom-designed drop-down menus that provide quick access to all 43 effects that come standard with Traktor 2.6. The effect selection is no longer limited to 21 of your favorite effects!
- Control over FX routing
- Ability to adjust Attraction, Friction and Speed for the MultiBall object (XY Pad)
- Ability to modulate effect parameters using BPM-synched customizable sine wave LFO

As always, all controls are bi-directional. Any change in Traktor is promptly reflected in the controller interface and vice versa.

I hope you like the new template. Thanks for your feedback and enhancement suggestions.

43.jpg
Marylyn Vine
Originally Posted by kryptonitekillz
Guys, I feel really dumb and need your help.

When I go to download the Lemur template or the Traktor tsi file, it just shows up on the screen as plain text (like that you would copy and paste). What am I doing wrong?? So weird.
Hey! Either right-click on the download link and choose something like "Save file as..." (depends on your browser/OS) or wait until it opens as plain text then go to the "File" menu in your browser and choose "Save" from there. Web browsers are too "smart" these days believeing they can open all the files while their job really is to download...
Marylyn Vine
Originally Posted by calpol86
So would i be able to join your two presets together to make one, i like the 21 preset and the sample decks one and was wanting to join the two together and introduce another page for browsing through my traks, will this be possible you believe or does the midi information of your two presets coincide with one another??
Excellent question! Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, all 3 of my Lemur templates published so far (21, Sample Rekorder & Decks posted above) are designed so that they don't conflict with each other. You can absolutely join them together if you want one big project with tabs to switch between different control interfaces. Same applies to their corresponding Traktor MIDI mappings. Each mapping utilizes a different MIDI channel to avoid conflicts and to extend the total number of controls beyond 127.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

P.S. I would also like to point out that my Sample Rekorder template is out of date now when Sample Decks had been replaced by Remix Decks in Traktor 2.5.x. That is unless you are still using a pre-2.5.x version of Traktor where Sample Decks are still present.
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

hello popoff44

Jannette Thieneman
Originally Posted by popoff44
P.S. I do have one more to control the decks in Traktor, but it's a bit too custom. I don't believe most people would find it useful unless their workflow is exactly like mine
Please can you share this one ?
Marylyn Vine
Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying the template!

P.S. This thread was originally about 21, but please make sure you are using 43, which is the latest version available at http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/333/. It has a number of important improvements including ability to choose from all 43 effects shipped with Traktor 2.6.x.

Originally Posted by 031999
Lannie Kutay
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

If you liked "21", I invite you to check out the new version of the template: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/333/

It's called "43" and features the following enhancements:

- Custom-designed drop-down menus that provide quick access to all 43 effects that come standard with Traktor 2.6. The effect selection is no longer limited to 21 of your favorite effects!
- Control over FX routing
- Ability to adjust Attraction, Friction and Speed for the MultiBall object (XY Pad)
- Ability to modulate effect parameters using BPM-synched customizable sine wave LFO

As always, all controls are bi-directional. Any change in Traktor is promptly reflected in the controller interface and vice versa.

I hope you like the new template. Thanks for your feedback and enhancement suggestions.

43.jpg
Kenyatta Sikkenga
what a template....I cant beleive how good this makes using the effects on Traktor.

I did have a X1....not any more!
Libby Mudie
Hi friend, I really appreciate your "21" and sure I enjoy that. But let, me ask... you never thought of doing this for 2FX, maybe in my case I would find more interesting and could have a larger work area with large buttons, add some buttons with presets effects.
Thanks
Here the pic to have just a idea.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9839544/21-2fx.png
Marylyn Vine
Originally Posted by kryptonitekillz

When I go to download the Lemur template or the Traktor tsi file, it just shows up on the screen as plain text (like that you would copy and paste). What am I doing wrong?? So weird.
Hey! Either right-click on the download link and choose something like "Save file as..." (depends on your browser/OS) or wait until it opens as plain text then go to the "File" menu in your browser and choose "Save" from there. Web browsers are too "smart" these days believeing they can open all the files while their job really is to download...
Ellyn Zbranek

Marylyn Vine
Originally Posted by calpol86
So would i be able to join your two presets together to make one, i like the 21 preset and the sample decks one and was wanting to join the two together and introduce another page for browsing through my traks, will this be possible you believe or does the midi information of your two presets coincide with one another??
Excellent question! Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, all 3 of my Lemur templates published so far (21, Sample Rekorder & Decks posted above) are designed so that they don't conflict with each other. You can absolutely join them together if you want one big project with tabs to switch between different control interfaces. Same applies to their corresponding Traktor MIDI mappings. Each mapping utilizes a different MIDI channel to avoid conflicts and to extend the total number of controls beyond 127.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

P.S. I would also like to point out that my Sample Rekorder template is out of date now when Sample Decks had been replaced by Remix Decks in Traktor 2.5.x. That is unless you are still using a pre-2.5.x version of Traktor where Sample Decks are still present.
Alvaro Matties
Marylyn Vine
Hi all,

hello popoff44

Alvaro Matties
now im not sure how lemur works exactly but i noticed you mentioned using touch osc, on touch osc you can create different pages in one preset, is this possible in lemur?????

would quite like to combine both presets together if it is possible then create another page for browsing through traktor libaries, is this possible????

big thumbs up on the two of them by the way, very nice
Jannette Thieneman
Originally Posted by popoff44
P.S. I do have one more to control the decks in Traktor, but it's a bit too custom. I don't believe most people would find it useful unless their workflow is exactly like mine
Please can you share this one ?
Randall Ibey
hello popoff44

Marylyn Vine
Hi amoyano,

Glad you were able to find the alternative download! Just so everybody can see it, the template is available from Liine's User Library at http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/196/

21 is how many effects I was able to comfortably fit on the screen while retaining the usability of the template. With more than 21 FX, the drop-down menu was getting pretty hard to use. Yes, you can absolutely add more FX or modify the template any other way you desire. If you are going to publish your version, though, it would be nice if you reference the original template and its creator

P.S. I have only conducted a few brief tests of this template with the recent Traktor 2.5 update. At first glance, everything appears to be working correctly, but I can't guarantee 100% compatibility. According to NI themselves, there should be no issues with existing mappings, but you never know...

Originally Posted by amoyano
Hey I am having problems to download, show me plain text...may you upload again in zippysahre for example? thank you!
Originally Posted by amoyano
is there a possibility to add all the effects?
and why 21 and not all? thank you!!
Got the template at lemur website
Giuseppina Dekruif
is there a possibility to add all the effects?
and why 21 and not all? thank you!!
Got the template at lemur website
Giuseppina Dekruif
Hey I am having problems to download, show me plain text...may you upload again in zippysahre for example? thank you!
Marylyn Vine
Hi,

I'm sorry to say it, but I never tested connection methods other than Lemur Daemon which does work correctly as long as you select correct input/output as fullenglishpint rightly pointed out.

First, make sure you are not accidentally enabling physics (the little "P" button right below each of the XY pads) because if you do then yes, things will get jumpy and bouncy If not, it could be a conflict with another controller you may be using or some other weird technical issue specific to your setup. I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest because I'm not familiar with the devices and connection methods you use in your setup. There's got to be a way to troubleshoot it, though.

Originally Posted by davidaustin
First off... Great work on this!!

I do have an issue though. I set up Traktor FX as stated in the instructions. All functions work as noted.

BUT

About 5 minutes into using the template (sometimes more/less) the entire thing flips out. Buttons go haywire randomly turning on and off and faders bounce all over the place. These random actions are confirmed in Traktor as well with FX knobs and buttons moving all over the place.

I use an APC that has FX mappings so the first thing I did to troubleshoot was delete the APC map so there would be no issues with double assignments. Reboot Lemur and re-import '21' tsi. Same issue minutes after.

My Lemur set up is an Alesis IO dock running midi in and out to a NI komplete Audio 6 which is then USB to the mac.

Thanks for the assistance!!
Elena Bobrowsky
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Select the mapping in controller manager then make sure both in and out ports are set to 'Lemur Daemon' (I believe that's what it's called) rather than all ports.
I run Midi from the IO dock to the NI soundcard. Other Lemur mappings work fine when my in/out ports are set to the Komplete 6.

I had assumed since I was running the Midi through the card, I would not need to set to the Daemon.
Tatum Ansaldo
Select the mapping in controller manager then make sure both in and out ports are set to 'Lemur Daemon' (I believe that's what it's called) rather than all ports.
Elena Bobrowsky
First off... Great work on this!!

I do have an issue though. I set up Traktor FX as stated in the instructions. All functions work as noted.

BUT

About 5 minutes into using the template (sometimes more/less) the entire thing flips out. Buttons go haywire randomly turning on and off and faders bounce all over the place. These random actions are confirmed in Traktor as well with FX knobs and buttons moving all over the place.

I use an APC that has FX mappings so the first thing I did to troubleshoot was delete the APC map so there would be no issues with double assignments. Reboot Lemur and re-import '21' tsi. Same issue minutes after.

My Lemur set up is an Alesis IO dock running midi in and out to a NI komplete Audio 6 which is then USB to the mac.

Thanks for the assistance!!
Mack Solovey
Great work- thanks for this!

touchscreen dj
Marylyn Vine
Originally Posted by Rukks
Just a random question and its for the future, I have never looked into dj'ing with an ipad so its off topic a bit.

Basically, can this setup work with windows+traktor+wirelessly?
Yes, absolutely. I would not recommend using iPad as your only tool for dj-ing, though. At the very least you'll need a decent soundcard like Traktor Audio 6/10 from NI. Most laptop soundcards just won't cut it. Also, I personally find a touchscreen interface good for some things, but not the others. For example, I can't imagine a better option to control effects. I would, however, prefer to use something like Kontrol X1 for transport controls and looping. Cue points is another example. Something with actual pads or buttons is best for that. The tactile response it just too important. My recommendation is to use iPad as an additional controller next to something else.

Originally Posted by MiL0
can you believe of any way to pull the 'track name/title', via midi, into the Lemur app? There's a way to get Traktor to output this information via midi by tricking Traktor into believeing that a certain type of Denon controller is attached.

See here for more info: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=28523
Yes, I did believe of that. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to implement that functionality at the moment. It would have been super cool, though.

Lemur is extremely powerful. You can program it with complex mathematical expressions. It can also operate multi-dimentional variables (vectors). So, the crazy hack described in the thread you linked could probably be done. It's a bit too much for me, though. If someone makes a script to decode the text in Lemur, I'll happily use it in my future creations. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait for an easier way to become available.

Originally Posted by kevz718
Great template! Thnx

Im having one issue tho.. The fx selection doesnt seem to work properly for me. It seems to want to keep picking mulholland drv regardless of the fx i select.. Any ideas for fixing? Anybody else experiencing this issue?
Disregard fx issue.. I redid the setup instructions and its working perfect. Thnx again for this!
Cool. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Anybody have easy way to change the fx names in the selection list. I see that all 4 fx units use the same lemur selection list. Is there a single list that can be altered or do u simply just make the changes 4 seperate times? I believe its the latter but not sure if theres easier way..
Originally Posted by TommyQuiet
@ kev yeah i tried this myself and as far as i can see its the long way round by changing it 4 times
Figured as much - thnx for confirming..

Thats my one gripe about lemur.. The lists seem slightly clunky to build and use.. Would be nice if they offered a copy and paste to multi row feature or an import csv type method.
Yes, unfortunately, you have to do it individually for each menu in the template. Another way is to copy/paste the whole menu, but you'll have to make sure the new objects you create retain proper names and most importantly are configured to send the same midi messages as originally designed.
Cliff Lohman
Figured as much - thnx for confirming..

Thats my one gripe about lemur.. The lists seem slightly clunky to build and use.. Would be nice if they offered a copy and paste to multi row feature or an import csv type method.
Kandy Ahdoot
@ kev yeah i tried this myself and as far as i can see its the long way round by changing it 4 times
Cliff Lohman
Anybody have easy way to change the fx names in the selection list. I see that all 4 fx units use the same lemur selection list. Is there a single list that can be altered or do u simply just make the changes 4 seperate times? I believe its the latter but not sure if theres easier way..
Kandy Ahdoot
Really good template cheers man
Cliff Lohman
Disregard fx issue.. I redid the setup instructions and its working perfect. Thnx again for this!
Cliff Lohman
Great template! Thnx

Im having one issue tho.. The fx selection doesnt seem to work properly for me. It seems to want to keep picking mulholland drv regardless of the fx i select.. Any ideas for fixing? Anybody else experiencing this issue?
Arcelia Siebeneck
can you believe of any way to pull the 'track name/title', via midi, into the Lemur app? There's a way to get Traktor to output this information via midi by tricking Traktor into believeing that a certain type of Denon controller is attached.

See here for more info: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=28523
Tatum Ansaldo
yup.
Lang Abriel
Just a random question and its for the future, I have never looked into dj'ing with an ipad so its off topic a bit.

Basically, can this setup work with windows+traktor+wirelessly?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy