Question about modifiers for remix deck pages (Maschine mk1)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Question about modifiers for remix deck pages (Maschine mk1)Reply
Question about modifiers for remix deck pages (Maschine mk1)
Posted on: 26.06.2013 by Maricruz Felter
Hey all,

I'm pretty ecstatic over the fact NI finally released functionality for the remix decks. Now my Maschine will start to get some more love.

I'm not a complete n00b at mapping, but I'm running into some issues with Modifiers and I'm not exactly sure how this works.

So I am trying to map the 4 pages worth of remix slots to the pads on my Maschine. I would like the buttons (Scene, Pattern, Pad Mode, and Navigate) to the left of the pads to navigate the pages, and also to use as setting the modifiers for which pads should be triggered.

I have read the tutorials on using two INs and setting them opposite to one another to create a toggle. What I don't understand is how to have it so that when I press one of the other buttons, it toggles off the other modifier. Not sure if that makes sense, but for example, lets say I'm currently viewing page 1. That button I would like to be lit up with the LED and have page 1 in focus. Then when I press the button for page 2, I want the LED for page 1 to turn off, and that modifier to go to 0 and for the page 2 modifier to go to 1.

Does that make sense? I've been searching for hours on various community s and youtube videos and can't seem to sort out how to make this happen. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm happy to share my final mapping with the rest of the community once its finished.

also sometimes it seems to take two button presses to get the modifier to turn on.
Corey Tronchin
Originally Posted by padi_04
Beatphase tied to the clip's play state. Again, you need to do this for every cell.
Been mapping all evening last evening . I'll stick to simple brighter leds when playing (launchpad), but that option you mention there just gave me the chills. Just image the work to do this for all pages
Maricruz Felter
First of all, they added new modifiers specific to the remix decks, why are you using the generic ones? Use the "Sample Page Selector" when mapping the pads, no need to use it on the page selecting buttons.

Select the 4 buttons you need double pressing in the controller editor (the external app). Click on the Assign tab and where it says "Toggle" change it to "Trigger".

Regarding mapping those buttons per se

IN:

Scene - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 1
Pattern - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 2
Pad - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 3
Navigate - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 4

OUT:

Scene - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 0-0 > Blend: Off
Pattern - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 1-1 > Blend: Off
Pad - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 2-2 > Blend: Off
Navigate - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 3-3 > Blend: Off

Don't forget to set the Deck focus to the proper deck in each command.

They updated the user manual with the new mapping commands and a brief description

I'll surely update my mapping and upload it here some time next week.
LIFESAVER! I didn't even realize that there were new modifiers for the remix decks. I was looking for documentation earlier but couldn't find it. My Software Center didn't have the update available yet so I downloaded it manually and didn't find any documentation with it. I'll give this a go tomorrow when I've had more rest and report back.

EDIT: I just want to clarify, I am going to be mapping the same pad to 4 different slots. So it will know which slot I'm triggering based on which one is in focus automatically?
Maricruz Felter
Hey all,

I'm pretty ecstatic over the fact NI finally released functionality for the remix decks. Now my Maschine will start to get some more love.

I'm not a complete n00b at mapping, but I'm running into some issues with Modifiers and I'm not exactly sure how this works.

So I am trying to map the 4 pages worth of remix slots to the pads on my Maschine. I would like the buttons (Scene, Pattern, Pad Mode, and Navigate) to the left of the pads to navigate the pages, and also to use as setting the modifiers for which pads should be triggered.

I have read the tutorials on using two INs and setting them opposite to one another to create a toggle. What I don't understand is how to have it so that when I press one of the other buttons, it toggles off the other modifier. Not sure if that makes sense, but for example, lets say I'm currently viewing page 1. That button I would like to be lit up with the LED and have page 1 in focus. Then when I press the button for page 2, I want the LED for page 1 to turn off, and that modifier to go to 0 and for the page 2 modifier to go to 1.

Does that make sense? I've been searching for hours on various community s and youtube videos and can't seem to sort out how to make this happen. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm happy to share my final mapping with the rest of the community once its finished.

also sometimes it seems to take two button presses to get the modifier to turn on.
Nedra Fresneda
It's not THAT much, i'll do it for maschine, you can just adapt it to your midi notes
Corey Tronchin
Beatphase tied to the clip's play state. Again, you need to do this for every cell.
Been mapping all evening last evening . I'll stick to simple brighter leds when playing (launchpad), but that option you mention there just gave me the chills. Just image the work to do this for all pages
Nedra Fresneda
Maricruz Felter
Is there a way to get the pad to blink if the slot is playing? I've been messing with the MIDI out for Slot Sell State. I can seem to get it to be dim if its not playing or lit up if its playing by setting the controller range min and max both to 2. Every other combination I've tried doesn't seem to work. I'm stumped! Do I need a additional outs for multiple stages?
Maricruz Felter
thanks again Padi. That did exactly what I was after. Ended up staying up late to get it done so now I can focus on the other bells and whistles. It was definitely tedious but not too difficult once I knew what I was doing.

I'll be in better position once I read the documentation now that I know where to find it.
Maricruz Felter
oh wow, didn't realize you could do that (set a modifier on a command). Thanks my man. This just set me straight! Appreciate it again. For some reason I couldn't wrap my head around it. One of those things where you're staring at it for too long and the obvious doesn't jump out at you.
Nedra Fresneda
You need to specify with the "Sample Page Selector Modifier" what cell will be triggered by what pad when a certain page is selected.

Cells 1-4 > Page 1
Cells 5-8 > Page 2
Cells 9-12 > Page 3
Cells 13-16 > Page 4

You need to do this for each slot (column). Take your time and pay attention while you do it, it's a tedious task and it will be a pain to debug.

The updated manual is installed automatically after updating and can be accessed directly via Traktor's help menu. Oddly enough, the manual in the Service Center is a pretty old version (2011).
Maricruz Felter
First of all, they added new modifiers specific to the remix decks, why are you using the generic ones? Use the "Sample Page Selector" when mapping the pads, no need to use it on the page selecting buttons.

Select the 4 buttons you need double pressing in the controller editor (the external app). Click on the Assign tab and where it says "Toggle" change it to "Trigger".

IN:

Scene - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 1
Pattern - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 2
Pad - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 3
Navigate - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Type: Button > Interaction: Direct > Page 4

OUT:

Scene - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 0-0 > Blend: Off
Pattern - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 1-1 > Blend: Off
Pad - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 2-2 > Blend: Off
Navigate - Remix Deck > Direct Map > Sample Page Selector > Controller Range: 3-3 > Blend: Off

They updated the user manual with the new mapping commands and a brief description

LIFESAVER! I didn't even realize that there were new modifiers for the remix decks. I was looking for documentation earlier but couldn't find it. My Software Center didn't have the update available yet so I downloaded it manually and didn't find any documentation with it. I'll give this a go tomorrow when I've had more rest and report back.

EDIT: I just want to clarify, I am going to be mapping the same pad to 4 different slots. So it will know which slot I'm triggering based on which one is in focus automatically?
Nedra Fresneda
First of all, they added new modifiers specific to the remix decks, why are you using the generic ones? Use the "Sample Page Selector" mod when mapping the pads, no need to use it on the page selecting buttons.

IN

OUT

Maricruz Felter
I'll check that out thanks. I've sorted out the taking multiple presses to get the modifier to turn on. I needed one of the two ins to be inverted. I don't know why that is exactly but I seem to have it working the way I want. I can get Modifier 1 and 2 to light up when they are at a value of 1 as they should. But I have to toggle them off individually. If I can just figure out how to get one to toggle off the other then I can have this map finished in no time!
Libby Mudie
I'm not sure but may be this tuto made by Stewe can help you. http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...726#post625726

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy