Tempo Adjust for Faderless Controllers

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Tempo Adjust for Faderless ControllersReply
Tempo Adjust for Faderless Controllers
Posted on: 09.07.2013 by Gaynell Rydberg
Hey DJTT!

Just got my Denon X1500 + Reloop Contour combo, and I'm loving it. External mixing is so wonderful (even if the mixer is completely beaten up), and I'm loving the jog on this Contour.

Problem is... I'm just now realizing that my controller doesn't have a pitch fader. I'm currently using an encoder to adjust the tempo, but it's changing it at weird fractions, just off of 0.5. It's currently set to 50% sensitivity, so I'd expect it to change the tempo by 0.5.

For example: track BPM is 128.
Adjust one time, 128.5
Adjust two times, 128.99
etc.

I do have the jog wheel set for fine adjustments (0.01), but I believe using the encoder with steps is a better option.

tl;dr: How to set settings so the encoder is adjusting at consistent finite amounts.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Stewe, am I correct in assuming that the rotary sensitivity works based on percentage of the track BPM and not on flat BPM?
It work based on deck master or the master clock BPM.
Gaynell Rydberg
Hey DJTT!

Just got my Denon X1500 + Reloop Contour combo, and I'm loving it. External mixing is so wonderful (even if the mixer is completely beaten up), and I'm loving the jog on this Contour.

Problem is... I'm just now realizing that my controller doesn't have a pitch fader. I'm currently using an encoder to adjust the tempo, but it's changing it at weird fractions, just off of 0.5. It's currently set to 50% sensitivity, so I'd expect it to change the tempo by 0.5.

For example: track BPM is 128.
Adjust one time, 128.5
Adjust two times, 128.99
etc.

I do have the jog wheel set for fine adjustments (0.01), but I believe using the encoder with steps is a better option.

tl;dr: How to set settings so the encoder is adjusting at consistent finite amounts.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Stewe, am I correct in assuming that the rotary sensitivity works based on percentage of the track BPM and not on flat BPM?
It work based on deck master or the master clock BPM.
Emelina Chillson
On my contour, I have the faders assigned direct for pitch and have the encoders above them set for fine pitch.
Gaynell Rydberg
Kellie Myrum
Unfortunately Traktor isn't that advance still. However this mapping method works.
Gaynell Rydberg
Aw, I was hoping there was a faster/better way
Kellie Myrum
Decrease rotary sensitivity antil you find correct amount per turn.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy