Sl1d3Flo Traktor mapping for Novation Twitch - official thread

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Sl1d3Flo Traktor mapping for Novation Twitch - official threadReply
Sl1d3Flo Traktor mapping for Novation Twitch - official thread
Posted on: 14.11.2012 by Annabel Bennetsen
Here's the thread where I'll be posting full descriptions of the mapping updates, its functions, instructions and etc. It's also the place wrere you can suggest changing/adding smth and report lags, problems and missing functions. We'll try to cope with it all together.

The mapping https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/885
Izetta Riccoboni
Originally Posted by Sl1d3Flo
Hey Bas Curtiz,

Yeah, I definitely agree that the whole thing is complex as nothing else. But this is a performance mapping and there are few people to use it every day. I do. Because I've been to various music situations and still have to work them out creatively on the fly. As for the Toastmaster's mapping
Izetta Riccoboni
Hey Bas Curtiz,

Yeah, I definitely agree that the whole thing is complex as nothing else. But this is a performance mapping and there are few people to use it every day. I do. Because I've been to various music situations and still have to work them out creatively on the fly. As for the Toastmaster's mapping
Izetta Riccoboni
Hey mate,
Yeah, all inputs and outputs (except for "Clock") should be set to Twitch.
This is the right mapping to get crazy with 2 decks)
A major update is coming up by the way!
Cheers!
Thanks for the reply! Can we expect a video soon as well? This mapping is so complex yet quite rewarding thanks again for your efforts on it
Izetta Riccoboni
Hey Bas Curtiz,

Tonisha Alders
Hey, mates! How is it? Would you give me some feedback? Is there anything missing? Do you experience any problems?
Hey there. I have not used your newest mapper for the Twitch so I cannot comment. However I discovered a neat trick you may add if you have not already. Basically I made a talkover button for the mic button so when you hold it down it drops the volume on decks 1,2 and 4, enables aux mic on deck 3 and pushes a few other things like EQ and gain (My mic don't cut it) then returns them to normal when you release the button. This allows me to use some effects on the mic as well as dropping the volume of the tracks while I talk. It's not auto talkover but better than nothing. I may investigate your mapper later on.

down ? deck 3 gain_slider +0.5 & deck 3 linein 'mic' & holding & deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 volume 50% & deck 3 eq_high 100% & deck 3 eq_mid 100% : deck 3 linein 'mic' off & mic off & deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 volume 100% & deck 3 eq_high 50% & deck 3 eq_mid 50% & deck 3 gain_slider -0.5
Garth Blalark
Thanks for your hard work mate can't wait to try it out. Everything looks so nice and well documented!

After I turned on FX I/III/IV (GRAT) it seems to work just great :P Time to play and learn your mappings xD
Annabel Bennetsen
Hi, konszpic. I have abandoned this SIMPLE mode because of the fact that it provides us with 2 times less control. Though my mapping was originally meant to be made in this mode. The answer to your question is simple enough. Find the MIDI out address of the touchstrip's backlight and map Play/Pause out there. The address is in the TWITCH programmer's reference =)

Hey, DJ Carniv Al! Thank you for being interested in my work! The video is still isn't finished as I work from 8 to 16 hours a day) My Youtube address will be created as soon as the video is completed.

Dear Roelio, it is fine when you use Instant Gratification mode. In my mapping only FX1 and FX2 are meant to be used in a classic way

Guys! I have finished the mapping v3 with full RMX deck control and I will post it when I finish the .pdf overview!

Cheers!
Garth Blalark
If I use the effects the channel 1,2,3 and 4 will change and some will turn off... Am I doing something wrong here ?
Valeri Babiak
I've just picked up the Twitch (sold my S2) and i'm looking forward to trying your mapping

Do you have a youtube link?
Adah Knochenmus
Can someone help me how to setup mapping in "SIMPLE" mode to remove those backlights on stripes ?? I would like to have it fully dark for setting up some led outputs but it is available in advanced mode or isnt it?? Thx for reply twitch guys
Annabel Bennetsen
Hi! Sorry for being out for a while. I am on vacation in England and when I get back I will go for a new version of the mapping with lots of new features and FULL Remix Deck control (the first versions will come out with only one page of samples (16) available)

Fangoes, there may be a problem with modifiers. Have you set all the necessary routings? Are none of the SHIFT functions working? Are the alternative pages not working either?
Mona Potenza
Hey Sl1deFlo, Im just checking out your mapping finally and am having no luck with the effects or get the shift button to function at all.... - im feeling like a total noob right now. Has your mapping been affected by the 2.6.2 updates? If so what do I do to fix? Im really looking forward to hitting up some tracks with your map man so cheers again for the efforts- certainly must have been a lot of work to get all that up and running! I look forward to hearing anyone that might be able to lend a brain to me for a sec.
Garth Blalark
Sl1d3Flo your mapping is just awesome !! I'm testing it as we speak and whaaaoooowwwww !!!!!
Izetta Riccoboni
Hey mate,
Cheers!
Thanks for the reply! Can we expect a video soon as well? This mapping is so complex yet quite rewarding thanks again for your efforts on it
Annabel Bennetsen
Hey mate,
Cheers!
Izetta Riccoboni
Hey Bas Curtiz,

Annabel Bennetsen
Hey Bas Curtiz,

Yeah, I definitely agree that the whole thing is complex as nothing else. But this is a performance mapping and there are few people to use it every day. I do. Because I've been to various music situations and still have to work them out creatively on the fly. As for the Toastmaster's mapping…It's genius but absolutely different. Just different. I want you to understand that. Mine is not straight forward. The concept of my mapping is "Total and creative control for 2 decks (4 are rarely used/used as RMX decks) and expressive FX performance tools". Sorry not to mention that earlier.
I am making this mapping more convenient and logical at the moment. That is why I still have no video walkthrough. I hope to put it all right ASAP.
I would really like to hear your ideas! Anything can help a lot. PM me or post it right here. We are all here for the sake of art of controllerism and DJing.
Neoma Picklesimer
Hey Sl1d3Flo,

I've tested your mapping out, and tbh, I find it hard to grasp, even with the tutorial printed out beside me.
The workflow of http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=70141 is pretty straight forward, and I suggest you to look into this mapping. It has full potential becoming even better, with the suggested replies in the thread of peepz.
Toastmaster seems to be vanished off the planet tho....
I have a few thingies I'd still love to see incorporated in that mapping, but since I'm a noob in programming a mapping, maybe u would like to take it to the next level?
Tonisha Alders
Hey, mates! How is it? Would you give me some feedback? Is there anything missing? Do you experience any problems?
Hey there. I have not used your newest mapper for the Twitch so I cannot comment. However I discovered a neat trick you may add if you have not already. Basically I made a talkover button for the mic button so when you hold it down it drops the volume on decks 1,2 and 4, enables aux mic on deck 3 and pushes a few other things like EQ and gain (My mic don't cut it) then returns them to normal when you release the button. This allows me to use some effects on the mic as well as dropping the volume of the tracks while I talk. It's not auto talkover but better than nothing. I may investigate your mapper later on.

down ? deck 3 gain_slider +0.5 & deck 3 linein 'mic' & holding & deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 volume 50% & deck 3 eq_high 100% & deck 3 eq_mid 100% : deck 3 linein 'mic' off & mic off & deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 volume 100% & deck 3 eq_high 50% & deck 3 eq_mid 50% & deck 3 gain_slider -0.5
Annabel Bennetsen
Annabel Bennetsen
GUYS! It is finally here! The mapping is done and is ready to be downloaded. The mapping number 1551! https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1551
Tonisha Alders
Hi I am new to this but found out something already regarding the button enable issue.
In the default mapping available from Novation's site FX are only available from the on/off buttons when an effect is selected on each deck. Usually this is done using the fader FX knobs. You either turn one to enable an effect or press and toggle for decks 3 and 4. If the effect on each deck is set to 'None' then the FX on/off buttons will not work.

I am not sure how you set an effect for each deck in the new mappings because the knobs have changed functionality. You can use a mouse on a pc/laptop but that's defeating the object really. Maybe someone can chime in with how you do it in the new mappings.

The other thing I do not understand is why the global mappings do not allow FX pads etc on both decks (There are separate mappings for say FX pads on deck D for instance and not Decks A-C).
Annabel Bennetsen
Hi again!
So, there's a little update (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16305212/Sl...ing%20BETA.tsi) and a PDF-manual TWITCH SL1D3FLO MAPPING MANUAL.pdf (hope I missed nothing). Sorry about its still being BETA, but the concept is pretty clear now (there is an endless pushable knob and a button unused in "EXTRA" Section - if you have any ideas, let me know).
Hope this will be enough till I finish the whole thing and make a video walkthrough.
Cheers, guys!
Neoma Picklesimer
Guys, I'm terribly sorry for being away for so long. I have too much business at the moment.

Well, the mapping is complex as !@#$, so I'm sure you are experiencing some bugs or modifier conflicts. Is the transport functionality fine? I'll be posting a manual with some comments in a day. Unfortunately there are still some things to be thought up about the concept.

And, thank you all for being interested in my work.

Peace
OA OA
Annabel Bennetsen
Guys, I'm terribly sorry for being away for so long. I have too much business at the moment.

Well, the mapping is complex as !@#$, so I'm sure you are experiencing some bugs or modifier conflicts. Is the transport functionality fine? I'll be posting a manual with some comments in a day. Unfortunately there are still some things to be thought up about the concept.

And, thank you all for being interested in my work.

Peace
Kandi Odom
makes me wanna buy a twitch!!
Neoma Picklesimer
Same here rapidcharger
LOAD buttons do and loading a song and putting it to the CUE - no idea how to un-cue it.
CUE and PLAY works like it suppose to be
HOTCUES working aswell
KEY and SYNC above CUE and PLAY buttons work
there's something wacky going on with the buttons above KEY and SYNC - they suppose to en/disable Effect 1 and 2 for DECK A and B
ohwell, I could go on but I'll just wait for the video-tutorial or pdf-manual - bump
Hai Lutzi
Well I dont know why but I cant seem to get it to work. When I import2x (using big button) Nothing really works. I have to switch the ports on the different elements in the dropdown menu to twitch. But I still didnt know of this was right. Because it wasnt acting right after doing that. I would see some of the effects units doing things, But nothing really was happening, Hot cues worked though..
Not sure what im doing wrong here
thanks
Hai Lutzi
I'm going to give this a go on 2.6.1 toevening .

Is there a manual for the beta by any chance?
Annabel Bennetsen
Thanks! Really pleased to hear you like it! Yeah, I thought about that, but loop control via the pitch knob seems reasonable enough having in mind the fact that it also changes the beatjump step)

An update has kicked in!

Guys, I use the mapping in my gigs each week, so I'll make it as usable as possible, trust me!
Azucena Kayed
Hey! beta version is amazing! But instead of Slicer more useful in my opinion will be loop section. Cant wait for full version and overlay ! :_) Best mapping i ever seen! Greetings!
Annabel Bennetsen
Guys, you know what? Any of you can be a BETA tester. Here's the BETA version of my mapping. I'll explain it later. For now, test it and, please, report every single bug you notice.Together we'll make the ultimate Twitch mapping for Traktor!
P.S. Do not forget to import the .tsi file TWICE using the big import button!https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16305212/Sl...ing%20BETA.tsi
Mui Tuff
Any updates? looks really good! 8D
Mona Potenza
Hey man, sucks to hear about your accident. I hope everything is working out for you. Still really excited about using your mapping man, and would be interested in helping with the testing. Get well soon mate.
Neoma Picklesimer
So, guys, here's a progress report. It is not complete yet, I've been in an accident recently, so there are lots of other things to care about. But GRATIFY mode is done and overall the mapping is already usable. If you are interested, I'll have a few of you as Beta-testers
Hit me up bro, I'd love to test it out.
Can you tell me which stuff is/isn't working properly, so I can trace the bugs with ya?
Annabel Bennetsen
So, guys, here's a progress report. It is not complete yet, I've been in an accident recently, so there are lots of other things to care about. But GRATIFY mode is done and overall the mapping is already usable. If you are interested, I'll have a few of you as Beta-testers
Neoma Picklesimer
Looking forward to your Slide 'nd Slice mapping bro
Annabel Bennetsen
Hi! Yeah, the compatibility with all the new features of 2.6 are of utmost importance for me. I'll make a walkthrough video once it is done.
I've recently have bought a MacBook, so I am a Mac user now. Takes some time to get used to and transport all the stuff, but after a little delay I will rush it to the fullest and complete the mapping. My PC had failed me way too many times crashing Traktor after my having been mapping for 3-4 hours non-stop. So that is all in past now.
P.S. Looking forward to using Xtreme Mapping software)
Mona Potenza
Hey Sl!d3! Things have been hectic so I dont mid waiting for you to complete the mapping before you upload it. I can't wait to see what you have done though, so hoping it won't be too long before we get to see it! Thanks mate, hope you're great.
Lorine Krattli
Hi mate, is this mapping now complete and working with 2.6.0 with all FX etc? Really looking forward to it. Can you do a full walkthrough and pic's of overlay when its down?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy