APC40 Traktor Pro 2.6.2 Issues Mapping LEDs, Activator, Solo/Cue, Record Arm...

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: APC40 Traktor Pro 2.6.2 Issues Mapping LEDs, Activator, Solo/Cue, Record Arm...Reply
APC40 Traktor Pro 2.6.2 Issues Mapping LEDs, Activator, Solo/Cue, Record Arm...
Posted on: 10.07.2013 by Larisa Montegut
Hey all,

I have been scouring community s for three days now trying to figure out how to successfully map LEDs on the APC40 in Traktor Pro 2. I know how to do it in theory, what with sending an out mapped to the right note and making sure that the controller range is valid for whatever function is being mapped and making sure that the midi range is what I want for the lights (i.e. 0-7 depending on what colors I want and if I want them blinking or solid).

I have download others' mappings, and tested them out to see if they would work. No matter what I do, the same thing occurs: When I first create/open a mapping, all the LED's are doing what they should be doing. But once I press a button on the APC (activator, solo/cue, and record/arm, and track selection buttons excluded), the LEDs promptly cease functioning properly. That is, the APC seems to have a mind of its own in that whenever I press a button, it lights up as long as I hold it down, and once I release it, it turns off. And stays off. The weird thing is, like I saw mentioned in another community , if I click the corresponding button on the screen, then the LED lights behave as they should. That is to say, whenever I control what the APC should be controlling with a mouse, the LEDs do what I want them to. But once I start using the APC, the LEDs don't work.

I just want them to work, and I am on the verge of going insane. I almost bought Xtreme Mapping but managed to hold myself back because I just don't know if it will solve this problem.

Any help? And pointers? I don't need somebody to spell it out letter for letter; if there is a thread where this had already been successfully solved, please for the love of God send me there.

Also, the Activator, Solo/Cue, and Record/Arm buttons, as well as the Track Selection buttons suffer from this same invisible control by the APC. Basically, it just seems like the APC is running it's own scripts (or whatever the technical jargon is, forgive my ignorance) that totally override whatever I map through Traktor. Unless I interact directly with Traktor with a mouse. I haven't even begun tackling the LEDs on the knobs nor using the shift button, but ideally I would want to know how to maps those too.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not one to post on community s since I can usually find what I need, but this has been driving me crazy for 3 days now.
Larisa Montegut
Originally Posted by tunecrew
I just (as in last evening ) wrote a utility to easily switch firmware modes on the APC40 - see my post about it here: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=73469
Thanks all! In retrospect I can't believe it was so difficult to figure out, but whatever. I appreciate the help.
Larisa Montegut
Hey all,

I have been scouring community s for three days now trying to figure out how to successfully map LEDs on the APC40 in Traktor Pro 2. I know how to do it in theory, what with sending an out mapped to the right note and making sure that the controller range is valid for whatever function is being mapped and making sure that the midi range is what I want for the lights (i.e. 0-7 depending on what colors I want and if I want them blinking or solid).

I have download others' mappings, and tested them out to see if they would work. No matter what I do, the same thing occurs: When I first create/open a mapping, all the LED's are doing what they should be doing. But once I press a button on the APC (activator, solo/cue, and record/arm, and track selection buttons excluded), the LEDs promptly cease functioning properly. That is, the APC seems to have a mind of its own in that whenever I press a button, it lights up as long as I hold it down, and once I release it, it turns off. And stays off. The weird thing is, like I saw mentioned in another community , if I click the corresponding button on the screen, then the LED lights behave as they should. That is to say, whenever I control what the APC should be controlling with a mouse, the LEDs do what I want them to. But once I start using the APC, the LEDs don't work.

I just want them to work, and I am on the verge of going insane. I almost bought Xtreme Mapping but managed to hold myself back because I just don't know if it will solve this problem.

Any help? And pointers? I don't need somebody to spell it out letter for letter; if there is a thread where this had already been successfully solved, please for the love of God send me there.

Also, the Activator, Solo/Cue, and Record/Arm buttons, as well as the Track Selection buttons suffer from this same invisible control by the APC. Basically, it just seems like the APC is running it's own scripts (or whatever the technical jargon is, forgive my ignorance) that totally override whatever I map through Traktor. Unless I interact directly with Traktor with a mouse. I haven't even begun tackling the LEDs on the knobs nor using the shift button, but ideally I would want to know how to maps those too.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not one to post on community s since I can usually find what I need, but this has been driving me crazy for 3 days now.
Tandy Susca
If the problem still be up, my APCx ModeSelector could be interesting for you. With this little tool you can quickly and easily select the required mode, without any further software.

The tool (free) you can find: http://audio.43web.de

It would be great if you give me your experiences and suggestions for improvement with my tool could tell.
Larisa Montegut
Originally Posted by tunecrew
I just (as in last evening ) wrote a utility to easily switch firmware modes on the APC40 - see my post about it here: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=73469
Thanks all! In retrospect I can't believe it was so difficult to figure out, but whatever. I appreciate the help.
Lilliana Perris
Correct....not being in Dumb Mode is F'ing you over.
Nick Sakowicz
Erica Charvet
What's happening is that the controller's built in firmware is overriding the mapping as soon as you hit one of the controls. You have to put the APC in dumb mode prior to opening Traktor.

I believe all you have to do is connect the controller, open Ableton, and then close it for this to work. Google "APC dumb mode" for more info.
Kellie Myrum
I saw some guys open APC in ableton first to put it in "dumb" mode before playing in Traktor. Just a thought.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy