What is this "loop cancel" command called in the controller manager?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: What is this "loop cancel" command called in the controller manager?Reply
What is this "loop cancel" command called in the controller manager?
Posted on: 07.09.2013 by Darlene Strohbeck
I use the DJTT custom mapping for the S2, and I noticed whenever I play a loop, hitting "cue" to go back resets or cancels the loop. I've looked through the controller manager but I can't seem to find out why this is happening so that I can delete the command.

Anyone?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
How did you get so good at this stuff, Stewe? You really should write a book/guide. You know, in your free time!
You gotta love it

Originally Posted by tokenasianguy
What the?...That's like another language for me...

But yeah you guys are right, I don't want to prevent jumping to cue, I want the loop to stay engaged no matter what, until I manually un-engage it.
Well concept would be to use a hotloop function as loop set when needed. Trick is to set one toggle type modifier (M1=0 / M1-1)

As I said you'll need three commands mapped to active hotloop (first press M1=0) and a delete cue command (second press M1=1) do disengage feature.

Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=0
Type of controller-button
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-1

Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=1
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-0

Now test this button and see if little modifier slot display in manager toggle the value at each press. Hopefully it's more english.
Darlene Strohbeck
Originally Posted by Stewe
You're right and thank you for correction jdownesbaird. It's that damn view from a mapping perspective again

In that case drop a hotloop or map specific button to do that instantly. Like store cue, set type to loops, add loop active direct=1.

But yeah you guys are right, I don't want to prevent jumping to cue, I want the loop to stay engaged no matter what, until I manually un-engage it.
Kellie Myrum
I don't believe he's trying to prevent jumping to the cue. He wants to jump to the cue, but wants the loop to stay active.
You're right and thank you for correction jdownesbaird. It's that damn view from a mapping perspective again

In that case drop a hotloop or map specific button to do that instantly. Like store cue, set type to loops, add loop active direct=1.
Delena Katherman
Add 'Is In Active loop = o' modifier condition to your hotcue commands to prevent traktor jumping to cue while loop is active.
I don't believe he's trying to prevent jumping to the cue. He wants to jump to the cue, but wants the loop to stay active.
Darlene Strohbeck
I use the DJTT custom mapping for the S2, and I noticed whenever I play a loop, hitting "cue" to go back resets or cancels the loop. I've looked through the controller manager but I can't seem to find out why this is happening so that I can delete the command.

Anyone?
Delena Katherman
Basically, OP, it's going to require some mapping trickery, as Stewe described. There is no simple way to just turn that feature off.
Kellie Myrum
How did you get so good at this stuff, Stewe? You really should write a book/guide. You know, in your free time!
You gotta love it

Originally Posted by tokenasianguy

Well concept would be to use a hotloop function as loop set when needed. Trick is to set one toggle type modifier (M1=0 / M1-1)

As I said you'll need three commands mapped to active hotloop (first press M1=0) and a delete cue command (second press M1=1) do disengage feature.

Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=0
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-1

Add in Modifier 1
Modifier conditions / M1=1
Interaction mode-direct
Set to value-0

Now test this button and see if little modifier slot display in manager toggle the value at each press. Hopefully it's more english.
Darlene Strohbeck

Delena Katherman
Kellie Myrum

Delena Katherman
Add 'Is In Active loop = o' modifier condition to your hotcue commands to prevent traktor jumping to cue while loop is active.
Kellie Myrum
Lannie Kutay
i believe its a default thing, hitting a cue point will always jump you out of the loop, even if its inside the loop. i hate it

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy