Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)Reply
Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)
Posted on: 22.04.2011 by Gay Czapiewski
I created a simple setup using A, B, C, and D for decks A-D, and set up the MIDI to work with any standard MidiFighter .tsi file (just put the MIDI source as the Maschine Controller). its already set to channel 3, and the top four buttons work to store the current fx setting for each deck (although when activating new FX on another deck, it seems to decactivate the "held" FX settings).

This is a standard .ncm file, so you can load it up as a single preset using Controller Editor, and selecting "append" in the add preset menu.

I've added the names of the FX from Ean's video to the pads, so if you set the Maschine controller using SHIFT + PADS you will then see the effects names.

The top four pads will not switch deck focus, instead, use the A B C and D buttons.
Gay Czapiewski
Originally Posted by black0r
Anyone got the Instant Gratifikation mapping work with the Maschine Mikro MK2 or can give me a tip how to map it ?
I can try creating a mapping for the Mikro, but I am not able to test it (I only have the MK1 Maschine). I was believeing of creating a version of this to use with F1, as it seems like that would be handy. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.
Kellie Myrum
Images that you have posted are small to see. Here is midi in/out section:

MIDI In-Out.jpg

Open S4 mapping from device first and then make sure your ports are set to this controller.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by vegasbombmafia
I've tried everything that I can find trying to get this instant gratification mapping working with maschine and traktor with NO luck at all. I'll try to explain everything I have done step by step in hopes of getting some help. Im on a mac, osx, traktor 2.5, midi cable going from the midi out on the maschine controller to the midi in on the s4.

1) I downloaded the maschine mapping from the first page and it pulled up in the controller editor. When I hit a button on maschine, it registers in the editor.

2) I downloaded the midi fighter instant gratification mapping.

3) I have traktor in 4 deck mode, I exported my current settings and then hit the big import on the bottom of the preferences panel and imported the IG mapping.

4) I changed the input and output of each of the mappings 4 sections to maschine.

5) On the same screen I click 'add' under the device section and click import > my original settings that were previously saved.

Now, I can hit play on my on my s4 and the play button on the channel turns green, but doesn't play (yes, the volume is turned up and the marker doesn't move on the waveform.)

I restarted from the very beginning and tried, on step 5, to click add> import> s4> user AND tried default, but still get no use of the s4. As far as I can tell, ive done everything properly.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. The s4 works perfectly fine when I switch back to my old settings, but I really want to use the maschine with instant grat.
Have you tried to connect both controllers normally via usb? Also check midi in for S4.
Xiomara Woolworth
Originally Posted by OscarN08
I am trying to map my maschine mikro with the instant gratification mappings. Is there a different ncm file i need to use in order to make this work? For some reason, controller editor is not allowing me to open the Midifighter 4 Bank ncm file so if someone can direct me that would be great
i would be very interested, as im sure many mikro owners, in obtaining a working "mikro fighter" mapping. good luck friend and please post when you are successfull.
Gay Czapiewski
Originally Posted by black0r
Anyone got the Instant Gratifikation mapping work with the Maschine Mikro MK2 or can give me a tip how to map it ?
I can try creating a mapping for the Mikro, but I am not able to test it (I only have the MK1 Maschine). I was believeing of creating a version of this to use with F1, as it seems like that would be handy. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.
Jenine Fredette
Pamila Zaltsman
I figured it out. I was hitting the wrong import button. Derp.
Kellie Myrum
Images that you have posted are small to see. Here is midi in/out section:

MIDI In-Out.jpg

Open S4 mapping from device first and then make sure your ports are set to this controller.
Theo Gwinn
Yeah, both are hooked up via USB. Here are screen shots of what my preferences look like. Is there another place that shows midi in for the s4?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by vegasbombmafia
I've tried everything that I can find trying to get this instant gratification mapping working with maschine and traktor with NO luck at all. I'll try to explain everything I have done step by step in hopes of getting some help. Im on a mac, osx, traktor 2.5, midi cable going from the midi out on the maschine controller to the midi in on the s4.

1) I downloaded the maschine mapping from the first page and it pulled up in the controller editor. When I hit a button on maschine, it registers in the editor.

3) I have traktor in 4 deck mode, I exported my current settings and then hit the big import on the bottom of the preferences panel and imported the IG mapping.

4) I changed the input and output of each of the mappings 4 sections to maschine.

5) On the same screen I click 'add' under the device section and click import > my original settings that were previously saved.

Now, I can hit play on my on my s4 and the play button on the channel turns green, but doesn't play (yes, the volume is turned up and the marker doesn't move on the waveform.)

I restarted from the very beginning and tried, on step 5, to click add> import> s4> user AND tried default, but still get no use of the s4. As far as I can tell, ive done everything properly.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. The s4 works perfectly fine when I switch back to my old settings, but I really want to use the maschine with instant grat.
Have you tried to connect both controllers normally via usb? Also check midi in for S4.
Theo Gwinn

Pamila Zaltsman
I just can't get this to work.

I've installed and saved the NCM and installed the TSI twice with 4 deck mode open and all fx enabled.

The fx loaded in fx 1 are Flanger Flux, Delay T3 and Digital LoFi. In FX 2 it's Flanger Flux, Delay and Iceverb. Is this correct? Isn't there supposed to be a Beat Masher?

Pads 10, 11, 12 and 13 do absolutely nothing. All other pads work but not like in the video.
Kirsten Ostroff
Hi OscarN08,

the ncm file doesnt work cause its for maschine controller,... not for maschine mikro! is there anybody out ther who managed to wrap this midi fighter ting over a maschine mikro???
Anisa Fourte
Dude, yes.... Just got my Maschine not too long ago and finally ready to replace my PadKontrol with it and this is a perfect as the PK was mapped for the MF TSIs... Thank you! Works great!
Xiomara Woolworth
Originally Posted by OscarN08
I am trying to map my maschine mikro with the instant gratification mappings. Is there a different ncm file i need to use in order to make this work? For some reason, controller editor is not allowing me to open the Midifighter 4 Bank ncm file so if someone can direct me that would be great
i would be very interested, as im sure many mikro owners, in obtaining a working "mikro fighter" mapping. good luck friend and please post when you are successfull.
Alexa Delouis
Alexa Delouis
Question: I have a Maschine Mikro and an S4. I have downloaded all the correct mappings and ncm files. Although, the controller editor will not let me load the Midi fighter NCM file into the controller editor. Is there something i am doing wrong or a step i have missed? Please help
Chasidy Heckenbach
u can dble click on a zip file in your finder ofc... don't believe i had to install any extra unzip app.
Susana Mansouri
im not sure what to do with Zip file from up top. is there any way someone can post the .tsi file for me to directly download? im using a MAC if that makes any difference

thanks
Alexa Delouis
So im trying to map my maschine mikro like a midi fighter. I run traktor through my s4 and i want to be able to use my maschine mikro as a midi fighter - please help - how do i map it and what mappings do i need to do this? A step by step guide would be great as im new to this mapping stuff.
Emanuel Kepics
I would like to try this out soon but I have a question about installing the TSI. How do I 'merge' this with my existing Maschine mapping? I'm believeing I could remap all my existing pad settings to groups E,F,G,H but I don't know quite how to proceed from there. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Chasidy Heckenbach
i believe that's a limitation of the actual instant grat tsi - depending on what you're doing - since they will all use the same effects units the same way.
Palma Kordik
This is a really fun mapping, thank you!
How do I keep effects 1 thru 4 on both A and B decks? When I am using effects on deck A effects it seems to disable effects on deck B and vice versa. Any help would be great!
Ricki Markman
This is amazing man, big ups!!!
Gay Czapiewski
Check which Maschine port you have set - I noticed in the latest update to Traktor, Maschine now shows up twice in my list of ports, I had to reset the TSI file to use the second occurrence of the port in the list from the pop up menu. Since Traktor abbreviates this name, I can't really tell what the difference is from before, but changing that put my setup back in order, it hopefully will work for you as well.
Kristofer Krauel
Hey hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I've had. Was at a friends house trying to install this setup. Loaded the ncm file in the controller editor and the settings seem good. When I press the pads the corresponding pad on screen changes and the out signal in the top right corner flickers red. All good. However when I load the tsi in Traktor and change all ports to maschine nothing happens. When I press the pads the ctrl indicator at the top doesn't flash blue so Traktor doesn't seem to be reading any of the midi signals comig from the maschine. I can't get my head around why nothing is happening.

Sorry for the waffle. My head is spinning with this because I can't figure out why it's not working. Any help gratefully appreciated!!
Gay Czapiewski
Originally Posted by zestoi
in a real MF if you press the same bank select button as the bank u are in while holding an effect then it "holds" that effect. all bets are off is u play another effect tho in the same or other bank. pretty sure that will end up disengaging the "held" effect as each decks bank uses the same effects units ofc.

i presume each bank of your maschine (A-D) is setup to send out the same messages for the top row - so to hold an effect you'd press the top left button if wanting to hold an effect while in bank A etc as opposed to pressing the actual bank A maschine change button.
Yes, it works this way using the Maschine Midi Fighter NCM file, as well (although when I first configured the NCM file, it did not work correctly). If you have a series of pads held and you like the effect, then tap the A/B/C/D deck button (one of the top four) to hold that effect in place while you manipulate stuff elsewhere.
Lang Abriel
Yeah I watched the midifighter tutorial and tried holding the top left pad for bank A etc...didn't work and im guessing its just because of the hardware.

New question though, I'm trying to add another tsi file for the instaFX midifighter mapping to use on my maschine controller and hopefully be able to shift+> to get from one mapping to the next quickly.

Would I need to add another ncm file to maschine for this? Could I use the ncm file supplied in this thread?

Not sure how to go about using other midifighter mappings with my maschine, any advice would be appreciated and yes I know I'm a noob.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Rukks
Thanks for the in detail reply ben...I suppose that from what I've seen in video's I thought that four banks mode allowed you to save all of the effects that you had activated.

I have it working on my maschine controller for the IG mapping, and can toggle through all decks using A-D on the left of the controller.

I guess what I'm saying is in the IG mapping the top four buttons don't do anything, and from what I've seen in videos they can 'save' the effects settings enabled on a deck while switching to another deck using the A-D buttons on the left.

If I'm believeing of the concept wrong then let me know. I have followed all the steps you listed above and got it working for effects but can't save effects after letting off the buttons.
in a real MF if you press the same bank select button as the bank u are in while holding an effect then it "holds" that effect. all bets are off is u play another effect tho in the same or other bank. pretty sure that will end up disengaging the "held" effect as each decks bank uses the same effects units ofc.

i presume each bank of your maschine (A-D) is setup to send out the same messages for the top row - so to hold an effect you'd press the top left button if wanting to hold an effect while in bank A etc as opposed to pressing the actual bank A maschine change button.
Lang Abriel
Thanks for the in detail reply ben...I suppose that from what I've seen in video's I thought that four banks mode allowed you to save all of the effects that you had activated.

I have it working on my maschine controller for the IG mapping, and can toggle through all decks using A-D on the left of the controller.

I guess what I'm saying is in the IG mapping the top four buttons don't do anything, and from what I've seen in videos they can 'save' the effects settings enabled on a deck while switching to another deck using the A-D buttons on the left.

If I'm believeing of the concept wrong then let me know. I have followed all the steps you listed above and got it working for effects but can't save effects after letting off the buttons.
Gay Czapiewski
Originally Posted by Rukks
Grimm, I tried following the explanation for enabling four banks mode for a midifighter but I couldn't get it to work. I feel that the instrucitons on the midifighter section are tied to the hardware. How did you get them enabled on the maschine controller.

Also, I can load multiple tsi files and just toggle through them using the shift+arrows?

If I can shift between them is the procedure the same for loading the tsi files?
The four banks mode is for the midifighter hardware, not for the Maschine controller, as it already has the ability to cycle through 4 banks (8 if you wanted, since it has A-H, which would give it a potential 8 banks of pads/buttons). The Midi Fighter sends out messages as notes, so basically it runs through C-1 on up to C3 I believe, but Traktor reads everything in an octave higher, not quite sure why. So. First thing first, you need to have the NCM file loaded into your Maschine Controller, using the Controller Editor software. Once you do that, you can hit SHIFT + CONTROL and that will put the Maschine controller into MIDI mode, and you will be able to use the SHIFT button and the Left/Right arrows to scroll thru all your presets on the controller - the one I created is called MIDIFighter 4 Bank, so it should be displaying that on the LCD left screen.

In Traktor, import the TSI file for the MIDI Fighter instant gratification map, using the big import button at the bottom of the preferences screen in Traktor. Then, as shown in the pics I posted, set each of the four banks A, B, C, and D (which should be set to control Deck A, B, C, and D but may import coming in saying Focus instead), to MIDI in: Maschine Controller, and MIDI out: Maschine Controller.

You have to do this for ALL four. You shouldn't need to make any changes to the TSI file itself, except for the MIDI in/out settings.

Places that will hang up this process: Traktor not set to 4 deck mode. Traktor FX settings not having all the effects needed already added (sometimes the install will leave some of the effects on the not used side in the preferences). Set the four decks to be track decks, and I have turned on 4 FX units each time before importing the MIDI Fighter settings, and it has worked for me every time.
Lang Abriel
Grimm, I tried following the explanation for enabling four banks mode for a midifighter but I couldn't get it to work. I feel that the instrucitons on the midifighter section are tied to the hardware. How did you get them enabled on the maschine controller.

Also, I can load multiple tsi files and just toggle through them using the shift+arrows?

If I can shift between them is the procedure the same for loading the tsi files?
Gay Czapiewski
Just a note because this came up in a post elsewhere about having problems getting Traktor to see the Maschine's output once the Instant Gratification mapping had been loaded up correctly in Traktor. You do have to make sure to set each of the 4 banks of the Instant Gratification TSI file to correspond to IN/OUT MIDI via Maschine. Here are screenshots of what you should be setting.

And also to note once again, some people have had to import (using the import button, not the add function) the Instant Gratification .TSI file TWICE in order to get it to set the effects correctly instead of using the sorting that you have personally set in your preferences for Traktor, and make sure you have the software set to 4 Deck mode before doing any importing, as this seems to also make a difference. Not 2 decks and 2 sample decks, but just 4 decks. Afterwards you can switch it to whatever you want.

in_settings.jpg

out_settings.jpg
Arlen Batch
thanks for this, great settings.
Gay Czapiewski
All you need to do is open the controller manager, navigate to the Maschine controller, use the "append" command to add the NCM file to the list of templates stored on your Maschine controller. Then after loading the TSI file from djranking s (follow the instructions so that you are set up correctly for the template to load up the right way, which means that you need to also set the MIDI port for the TSI file to the Maschine controller's midi port). After that is done, you have Traktor running, and just press SHIFT + Control on the Maschine hardware, which will put the controller into MIDI mode, and use SHIFT and the arrow keys to get to the MIDI fighter template setting, and viola.
Andree Milillo
Noob question I haven't gotten this to work right with any of the TSI files for the MF (which file can I use). Fairly new with TSP2 what other than changing maschine to midi (is this the in-port in the controller manager tab in preferences?) do I have to change? It seems every time I add the tsi file to TSP2 that it runs a delay effect where the bmasher should be?
Debbra Sciutto
anyone?
Debbra Sciutto
pm'd you
Debbra Sciutto
do you have the .ncm file for the decklized version?
i downloaded this file LONG TIME AGO AND I REMEMBER IT CAME WITH AN NCM FILE AND A TSI FILE IT WORKED GREAT AT FIRST BUT IT WAS FOR THE DECKALIZED MAPPING I ACCIDENTALY DELETED IT SO NOW WHEN I APPEND THE NEW NCM FILE FROM HERE IT FOR THE INSTANT GRATIFICATION MAPPING COULD YOU OPLOAD THE OLD NCM FILE FOR THE DECKALIZED MAPPING?
Debbra Sciutto
how do i get the top 4 buttons to work like the old deckalized mapping ie: cue, sync, play and shift?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy