Traktor - DJM900 mapping and MIDI setup

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor - DJM900 mapping and MIDI setupReply
Traktor - DJM900 mapping and MIDI setup
Posted on: 23.10.2013 by Armanda Shanaman
Hi

Just acquired 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus and a DJM 900. I have everything pretty much set up for how I want to DJ using Traktor Pro, with one issue about mapping to the DJM 900 - I want to set up fader starts, map on the loop active button, and possibly map in some FX.

Just to explain in a bit more detail on my setup: The 2 CDJs are named as Player 2 and 3 and plugged into USB channels 2 and 3 respectively on the DJM 900, having created an aggregate audio device for both CDJs (not the DJM) on my mac. The DJM is the named audio device, with output routing for Traktor decks A & B mapped through DJM channels 2 through 5 (external mixing). In Controller Manager, both CDJs are set up as I want, but the issue is that there is no DJM mapping to work with. Where do I get this from? I've seen some people have uploaded their own, but I'd rather start with a default, and make the limited changes I want to make.

On a slightly related note, I'm not clear on MIDI set up - do I output MIDI info from the DJM, or the other way round, and Traktor outputs its MIDI clock? What's the difference?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions
Armanda Shanaman
Originally Posted by makar1
The DJM 900 has a MIDI On/Off switch. Once you switch it on, you'll start getting MIDI data sent to Traktor.

There is no "default" mapping for external mixers since all the buttons have standalone hardware functions already. You can still map almost all the controls manually on the DJM though.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion - I just imagined that every midi device had a such a mapping. As you suggested, I've just mapped a couple of buttons to the DJM as a generic midi device, and set it to output midi data. Works perfectly.

Cheers!
Armanda Shanaman
Hi

Just acquired 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus and a DJM 900. I have everything pretty much set up for how I want to DJ using Traktor Pro, with one issue about mapping to the DJM 900 - I want to set up fader starts, map on the loop active button, and possibly map in some FX.

Just to explain in a bit more detail on my setup: The 2 CDJs are named as Player 2 and 3 and plugged into USB channels 2 and 3 respectively on the DJM 900, having created an aggregate audio device for both CDJs (not the DJM) on my mac. The DJM is the named audio device, with output routing for Traktor decks A & B mapped through DJM channels 2 through 5 (external mixing). In Controller Manager, both CDJs are set up as I want, but the issue is that there is no DJM mapping to work with. Where do I get this from? I've seen some people have uploaded their own, but I'd rather start with a default, and make the limited changes I want to make.

On a slightly related note, I'm not clear on MIDI set up - do I output MIDI info from the DJM, or the other way round, and Traktor outputs its MIDI clock? What's the difference?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions
Armanda Shanaman
Originally Posted by makar1
The DJM 900 has a MIDI On/Off switch. Once you switch it on, you'll start getting MIDI data sent to Traktor.

There is no "default" mapping for external mixers since all the buttons have standalone hardware functions already. You can still map almost all the controls manually on the DJM though.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion - I just imagined that every midi device had a such a mapping. As you suggested, I've just mapped a couple of buttons to the DJM as a generic midi device, and set it to output midi data. Works perfectly.

Cheers!
Alphonso Deitchman

Jeanene Bartmess
I don't believe you need to set up an aggregate device for the CDJ2000's do you? They should function out the box in HID mode with Traktor. I believe the aggregator is if you want to use them each as separate soundcards, but you already have a Traktor compliant soundcard in the DJM900 you can use?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy