Reply to Traktor - DJM900 mapping and MIDI setup

Traktor - DJM900 mapping and MIDI setup
Hi

Just acquired 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus and a DJM 900. I have everything pretty much set up for how I want to DJ using Traktor Pro, with one issue about mapping to the DJM 900 - I want to set up fader starts, map on the loop active button, and possibly map in some FX.

Just to explain in a bit more detail on my setup: The 2 CDJs are named as Player 2 and 3 and plugged into USB channels 2 and 3 respectively on the DJM 900, having created an aggregate audio device for both CDJs (not the DJM) on my mac. The DJM is the named audio device, with output routing for Traktor decks A & B mapped through DJM channels 2 through 5 (external mixing). In Controller Manager, both CDJs are set up as I want, but the issue is that there is no DJM mapping to work with. Where do I get this from? I've seen some people have uploaded their own, but I'd rather start with a default, and make the limited changes I want to make.

On a slightly related note, I'm not clear on MIDI set up - do I output MIDI info from the DJM, or the other way round, and Traktor outputs its MIDI clock? What's the difference?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy