tsi file programming API

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: tsi file programming APIReply
tsi file programming API
Posted on: 08.06.2010 by Necole Frodl
Hi,

I've been hunting around this community and the Internet looking for a mac-compatible programming API that can read and write tsi files. Sorry if I missed a previous thread, but can anyone here help me find one?

The reason I am looking is that I have an idea for a scripting language (using Ruby, for those who are interested) that would make complex mappings much easier in Tracktor - especially when using modifiers.

It's very early days so haven't really worked out the exact syntax yet, but I would like to be able to write commands something like this...

holding midi_note(47).sets_modifier(1).to(1)
given modifier(1).is_set_to(1) do
midi_note(48).toggles(:sync).on :deck_a
midi_note(49).toggles(:sync).on :deck_b
midi_note(50).increases(:master_tempo)
midi_note(51).decreases(:master_tempo)
end

... and run it through a converter that would generate a tsi file

(this is not a sensible example, of course, but hopefully you get the idea)

The advantage would be that you can make the modifier usage much more succinct and easy to change, as well as opening the door for interesting extensions like mapping families of features. For example, this might make it easy to flip between deck a and deck c when a modifier is set without having to mess around with 2 sets of nearly identical mappings in traktor.

given modifier(2).is_set_to(1) do
re_map(:deck_a).commands.to(:deck_c)
end

Although I'm an experienced programmer, I'm new to all MIDI and mapping files so all comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian
Juana Nakatsu
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
First step to making that Mapping screen livable: make it resizable. That just irks me.
So true... so true.

Does anybody know if there's an e-mail address at Native Instruments that would be best to make our opinions on this known?

It irks me to death that they release tools to edit their own hardware's functionality yet let the custom MIDI mapping interface for other people's hardware go so terribly mis-managed. Maybe we should start a petition?

T
Necole Frodl
Originally Posted by V-Hoff
it would be awesome a Traktor Developer Tools
With a really custom UI, custom mappings and plugins
Definitely! That would be quality.
Necole Frodl
Originally Posted by MiL0
I would love to see this happen!

I believe there's a web-based TSI editor / merger isn't there?
I've seen a windows app that will merge TSI files, but never a web-based version. Do you have a link?
Necole Frodl
Hi,

I've been hunting around this community and the Internet looking for a mac-compatible programming API that can read and write tsi files. Sorry if I missed a previous thread, but can anyone here help me find one?

The reason I am looking is that I have an idea for a scripting language (using Ruby, for those who are interested) that would make complex mappings much easier in Tracktor - especially when using modifiers.

It's very early days so haven't really worked out the exact syntax yet, but I would like to be able to write commands something like this...

holding midi_note(47).sets_modifier(1).to(1)
given modifier(1).is_set_to(1) do
midi_note(48).toggles(:sync).on :deck_a
midi_note(49).toggles(:sync).on :deck_b
midi_note(50).increases(:master_tempo)
midi_note(51).decreases(:master_tempo)
end

... and run it through a converter that would generate a tsi file

(this is not a sensible example, of course, but hopefully you get the idea)

The advantage would be that you can make the modifier usage much more succinct and easy to change, as well as opening the door for interesting extensions like mapping families of features. For example, this might make it easy to flip between deck a and deck c when a modifier is set without having to mess around with 2 sets of nearly identical mappings in traktor.

given modifier(2).is_set_to(1) do
re_map(:deck_a).commands.to(:deck_c)
end

Although I'm an experienced programmer, I'm new to all MIDI and mapping files so all comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian
Leoma Larouche
This issue has not yet been addressed. We need human-friendly TSI files back. Why on earth would they close the source code????
Vernon Positano
as a coder myself, I do like this idea.. however, you might find yourself frustrated in that you can perform complex actions in your development environment (ruby, java whatever..) but that the midi mapping engine in traktor is frankly, quite basic.

I'd love to see a script approach as per virtual DJ, implemented into traktor.
Juana Nakatsu
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
First step to making that Mapping screen livable: make it resizable. That just irks me.
So true... so true.

Does anybody know if there's an e-mail address at Native Instruments that would be best to make our opinions on this known?

It irks me to death that they release tools to edit their own hardware's functionality yet let the custom MIDI mapping interface for other people's hardware go so terribly mis-managed. Maybe we should start a petition?

T
Nestor Witkowsky
Paulita Cvetkovich
Am totally down with the Idea!
Necole Frodl
Originally Posted by V-Hoff
Definitely! That would be quality.
Irwin Ney
Necole Frodl
Hey man. What a shame. I knew about the traktor bible stuff, but it's Windows only so I can't run it on my mac. I was hoping to make something cross-platform - albeit a bit lower level.

Never mind. Hopefully NI will lighten up and open the file format or provide a decent programming API we can use.

Cheers
Irwin Ney
Man, this is a very old request and everything was OK until traktor 1.2.
Before that we had a software called TSI Viewer and TSI MERGER at www.traktorbible.com
http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial1.aspx
http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tsiviewer.aspx

After traktor 1.2.0 they've changed the mapping screen and closed the main source code of the TSI file. More info by the traktorbible writer (Rainer) here:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=1839

Now all we can do is wait for the next mapping screen upgrade
PS: I'm also a developer and I can't stand to use all my logic believeing skill with that awful programming interface
Necole Frodl
Originally Posted by MiL0

I've seen a windows app that will merge TSI files, but never a web-based version. Do you have a link?
Arcelia Siebeneck

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy