Reply to tsi file programming API

tsi file programming API
Hi,

I've been hunting around this community and the Internet looking for a mac-compatible programming API that can read and write tsi files. Sorry if I missed a previous thread, but can anyone here help me find one?

The reason I am looking is that I have an idea for a scripting language (using Ruby, for those who are interested) that would make complex mappings much easier in Tracktor - especially when using modifiers.

It's very early days so haven't really worked out the exact syntax yet, but I would like to be able to write commands something like this...

holding midi_note(47).sets_modifier(1).to(1)
given modifier(1).is_set_to(1) do
midi_note(48).toggles(:sync).on :deck_a
midi_note(49).toggles(:sync).on :deck_b
midi_note(50).increases(:master_tempo)
midi_note(51).decreases(:master_tempo)
end

... and run it through a converter that would generate a tsi file

(this is not a sensible example, of course, but hopefully you get the idea)

The advantage would be that you can make the modifier usage much more succinct and easy to change, as well as opening the door for interesting extensions like mapping families of features. For example, this might make it easy to flip between deck a and deck c when a modifier is set without having to mess around with 2 sets of nearly identical mappings in traktor.

given modifier(2).is_set_to(1) do
re_map(:deck_a).commands.to(:deck_c)
end

Although I'm an experienced programmer, I'm new to all MIDI and mapping files so all comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy