[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: [Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mappingReply
[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping
Posted on: 11.12.2012 by Kellie Myrum
Hi guys,

I've been working on this for past few days and I'm happy to share my first CNTRL:R mapping for control over four decks and four FX units like a boss

I have mapped Double Deck Focus concept in to this mapping which gives you ability to have control aver any of four decks at both sides of the unit using shift button to enable deck selectors. Also, you'll find four banks of controls for 4x4 pad grid together with push encoders available via shift buttons as well. This mapping is divided in to sections so check the image to get idea.

CNTRLR sections.JPG Update: CNTRLR sections.JPG

Download links:

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1055
http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=535

Importing and engaging:

While importing make sure to use IMPORT button at the bottom of preferences window and I actually want you to do it twice so list of effects can be imported in proper order along with controller mappings. Once the mapping is imported note that you'll see two buttons in transport section are lited in 'red' - those are your powerful shift buttons. Press them and four buttons above shift will lite up in 'white' suggesting you to press it and select which deck you wish to control, release shift and focus selector (white) will go out leaving those same buttons for transport controls for deck that is currently selected.

Here are diagrams of controls for all decks. Note that decks 'C' and 'D' are flavor switchable (track, remix, live input).

Decks 'A' and 'B':

CNTRLR decks A and B.JPG
Decks 'C' and 'D':

Note that left focus loads sample from deck 'A' and right focus loads sample from deck 'B'.

CNTRLR decks C and D.JPG

Four bank modes:

Shift buttons are universal. Not just it enables deck focus selectors but those are enabling four bank selectors as well. While any of both shifts are on hold note that LED's at upper push encoders row will lite up in 'yellow' showing you where all four banks are located. So, while shift is pressed hit any of four encoders to select which bank you want to use and LED will lite up in 'red' to show that bank is activated. Release shift and there you are, LED's are working for commands related to bank that's currently on. Full LED feedback supported!

Bank 1:

The image explain it all. There is also a shift state for this bank which brings second layer for pads matrix. Note that right faders are also mapped for 'unit on' when any of units is in single effect mode - holding shift and moving same faders disables effect but still controls effect dry/wet amount.

CNTRLR bank 1.JPG

Bank 2 and 3:

These are mapped for pre-selected effects. Upper pads row controls unit deck assignment and it's easy to use - just hit any of pads and all four units will become assigned to that deck leaving other three decks disengaged. Second bank is popular Instant Gratification effect concept with three supercombos which are color labeled in image and third bank keeps Beatmasher button row and echo-out with addition of some other effects to it. Encoders are mapped for related pad triggers so you can easily modulate effect after engaging. Full LED feedback for pads and encoders is supported and there is some fancy encoder LED trickery while supercombos are performing

CNTRLR bank 2 and 3.JPG

Bank 4:

The image says it. Here are browser controls, loop recorder etc..

CNTRLR bank 4.JPG

Edit: New Bank.

Bank 5:

Activating this bank gives you ability to assign any of effects to specific EQ frequency using deck duplicate command. Basic idea is to use deck focus buttons (A, B, C) to select deck you wish to use Isolator for and then use 'LOAD' button to duplicate track in to deck D.

-First encoder row is dedicated for 3 band EQ knobs and Key adjust regards to focused deck. How to apply effect to EQ? - Simple, just turn any EQ knob over 12 o'clock and LED will lite up to indicate that Isolator is engaged for selected frequency (rmx-1000 replicate). Basically, when any of frequency isolators are engaged current track deck EQ kill become on and the same EQ at duplicated deck become off and ready for effect to be applied.
-Second encoder row is dedicated for FX unit 2 in group FX mode and it's been designed for Macro FX. Pressing any of push encoders will directly engage effect on and reset parameter to center (dry).
-Third encoder row is dedicated for FX nit 4 in single FX mode and it's related to effect preset buttons (see pic).
-Four faders on right side are dedicated for instant effects. First two are actually a superfaders and they are designed to be used in combination for best result. Other two are smart knobs. Note that this four faders are controlling instant effects only in 5th bank and FX unit dry/wet when using other banks.

CNTRLR bank 5.JPG

For any additional information and questions you might have feel free to leave your comment below and I'll be answering it ASAP.

Have fun!

Stewe

Jenniffer Corales
How did you made a knob to react different before 12 o'clock and after 12 o'clock...and is it possible to reset all the values when it is in the center-12 o'clock?
Thank you in advance.
Corene Gaunt
Originally Posted by Stewe
This ain't easy to explain by steps... Sorry

I made a thread a while ago about setting four banks, maybe replicating those settings can be helpful:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Great, thanks Stewe.
Kellie Myrum
This ain't easy to explain by steps... Sorry

I made a thread a while ago about setting four banks, maybe replicating those settings can be helpful:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=55271
Corene Gaunt
Yes the mapping loads four separate devices and only reason for that is limited number of modifiers in Traktor. Meaning, when I burn all eight modifiers that comes with a single generic device I must add new one that provides a new set of eight modifiers. Also, this way I can keep things more organized because this mapping is a bit complex.

pro 2 default mapping..................... Default keyboard mapping
CNTRL:R transport......................... Double focus, hotcues, samples
CNTRL:R bank mode....................... FX units, Instant Gratification, Browser, Loop rec
Isolate FX.................................... Isolator omly
support device - toggle g/s............. name says it, it's for workarounds and additions

It doesn't matter which device is currently selected in meny. They are all working simultaneously and that's a beauty. If you got any more questions or doubts please let me know.
Stewe - I have another question. Can you explain how the 5 different banks/layers work from a mapping perspective? I'm familiar with the use of modifiers but I'm not sure I understand how you have created these different layers. Each layer is almost a separate controller. I'd love to know how to create these on my CNTRL:R
Corene Gaunt
Next step - ultimate tool.

Looks amazing!!!
Kellie Myrum
Next step - ultimate tool.

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by edeoldi
Is there a way to carry over a certain mod value from one device to another?
No. You can't share modifier values between devices. Although that would be nice addition (mark mod as general or global), as well as new condition slot and at least double the modifiers.
Johnsie Zike
Yes the mapping loads four separate devices and only reason for that is limited number of modifiers in Traktor. Meaning, when I burn all eight modifiers that comes with a single generic device I must add new one that provides a new set of eight modifiers. Also, this way I can keep things more organized because this mapping is a bit complex.

CNTRL:R bank mode....................... FX units, Instant Gratification, Browser, Loop rec
support device - toggle g/s............. name says it, it's for workarounds and additions

It doesn't matter which device is currently selected in meny. They are all working simultaneously and that's a beauty. If you got any more questions or doubts please let me know.
Hey Stewe, you've just opened my eyes! I always had the problem of too few modifiers in my mappings. One question though, how do you interlink the different generic devices? Is there a way to carry over a certain mod value from one device to another? This is gonna solve sooo many problems!
Corene Gaunt

Makes complete sense, many thanks!

Looking forward to seeing your new mapping.
Kellie Myrum

Corene Gaunt
Stewe that new mapping looks amazing!

Another quick question - when I import your current TSI file into Traktor I get a number of different options in list Device:

pro 2 default mapping
CNTRL:R transport
CNTRL:R bank mode
Isolate FX
support device - toggle g/s

Does it matter which one is selected in the drop down list? Are all of these "devices" effectively active in the Traktor system (as long as corresponding in and out ports are correctly chosen)?

Apologies if this is a really dumb question, still trying to figure a lot of this out! Previously used an S4...
Kellie Myrum

This is a diagram of the beta project I'll be finishing pretty soon. What I did here was to took my advanced mapping, keep double focus feature and turned all hotcue pads in to 15 page/bank selector along with it's own new shift button function (many of banks are double layered). Main idea here is to have more flexibility between selecting banks without need to hold shift as my advanced mapping currently does it. Hotcue function is still there, it's just moved in to one of 15 pages and 'RMX' bank will stay blank for now until NI unlocks the basic functionality of remix deck mapping.

As you might notice first pad row is associated with effect controls and second row controls pretty much every aspect of transport controls in Traktor.

Stay tuned
Kellie Myrum
I haven't posted it there yet but intend to after I shoot one performance video (need to buy better camera) although they have already seen this mapping and shared it on their FB page.
Corene Gaunt
Maybe to activate it automatically when knob is moved and to disengage it using shift button in combination with Filter knob turn, what do you believe?

Also I can made command to reset value to center along with kill.
Sounds pretty good to me! The only other thing is that sometimes I like to set the filter at 15-20% before activating. Anyway you've got plenty of other filters set up in FX so no biggie.

Have you posted this on the Livid community ? I'm sure the folks at Livid would be really happy to see your work (if they haven't already!).

GB
Kellie Myrum
Thanks GuillaumeB, I made it with a lot of enthusiasm. Currently there isn't such functionality for Filter on/off but I can add it in next update. Maybe to activate it automatically when knob is moved and to disengage it using shift button in combination with Filter knob turn, what do you believe?

Also I can made command to reset value to center along with kill.
Corene Gaunt
Awesome mapping Stewe! I believe it really showcases the power of the Livid controller (and of course your mapping skills!).

Been having a play all morning whilst it snows outside! Quick question - in your mapping is there a way of killing or activating the Filter knobs (second row on the right hand side)?
Kellie Myrum
Update 3:

Second bank (IG 1 mode) > Gater select and engage in one press - fixed. It wasn't nothing big to worry but thought it should be done anyways so I added missing Store Preset command for this two buttons that trigger Gater.

Updated for both DJTT and Traktorbible mapping pages.
Kellie Myrum
That's the reason why I have posted image with all MIDI assignments - so ya'll can download my CNTRL:R mapping and compare control diagram and MIDI diagram to replicate any of features to your controllers if you like.
Cinthia Artho
EQing part is correct. Effects can be mapped for increasing dry/wet signal as knob is turned above center but my mapping doesn't include it. I rather do it manually with other dedicated knob.
So what does the EQ knob do after 12h?

Add in > Track Teck > Duplicate Track Deck - then assign deck target for deck D.
I have Traktor 2.6 and there is no "Duplicate Track Deck" command just "Duplicate A, B, C or D" so I can't do it with one push encoder... :/

Anyway Thanks for your reply.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Cso93
How does the mapping work? What i've understood is smthng like this:

if deckD EQ knobs are stay 12 o'clock the original track's EQ is on and the duplicated deck EQ's killed.
When you turn one of the EQs forward the original deck's EQ turns kill on and
the dry/wet is increasing on one of the effect decks. Am I right?
EQing part is correct. Effects can be mapped for increasing dry/wet signal as knob is turned above center but my mapping doesn't include it. I rather do it manually with other dedicated knob.

So this mapping uses 3 out of 4 effect deck one for the Highs, one for the Mids... doesn't it.
No, my mapping applies all four FX units for any of EQ frequencies in Isolator deck.

What happens if you turn one of the EQ knobs left from 12 o'clock?
It control EQ adjusting of focused deck as long as knob is before 12h.

How can I map "duplicate the focused deck" command?
Add in > Track Teck > Duplicate Track Deck - then assign deck target for deck D.
Cinthia Artho
Hey,
I really like the IsolatorFX mapping and i'd like to map it myself on my TerminalMix4, but i don't get the basic idea. Can you help me?

How does the mapping work? What i've understood is smthng like this:

if deckD EQ knobs are stay 12 o'clock the original track's EQ is on and the duplicated deck EQ's killed.
When you turn one of the EQs forward the original deck's EQ turns kill on and
the dry/wet is increasing on one of the effect decks. Am I right?

So this mapping uses 3 out of 4 effect deck one for the Highs, one for the Mids... doesn't it.

What happens if you turn one of the EQ knobs left from 12 o'clock?
How can I map "duplicate the focused deck" command?

Thanks for your reply.
This is an awesome mapping. Congrat!
Valeri Millstein
Working on PLOOPER mode right now. It's actually DJ Shiftee's technique (search yt) but with addition of applying various effects to create interesting basslines, wobbles and melodies depends on keylock and transpose stretch adjust knobs. Gater effect is the boss here!
I saw the video where he talked about this... Plooping.
Kellie Myrum
Working on PLOOPER mode right now. It's actually DJ Shiftee's technique (search yt) but with addition of applying various effects to create interesting basslines, wobbles and melodies depends on keylock and transpose stretch adjust knobs. Gater effect is the boss here!
Kellie Myrum
Here is MIDI diagram for CNTRL:R in case someone want to edit or modify mapping;

Edit: Here are values for LED colors:

Valeri Millstein
Front page man! Impressive!
Delena Katherman
Originally Posted by beaubryte
I'm not trying to be mysterious, I just can't discuss it
Maybe a pic from an s4 at my house says enough right?
That's great news! I'll try my best to be patient!
Claire Auyeung
Hey mate, what happened to your Psycho title?
My "DJTT Mapping Psycho" title vanished yesterday when I added skype details to my community profile.
Hope it will be back soon..

Edit: Got it back!
Kellie Myrum
Hey mate, what happened to your Psycho title?
Claire Auyeung
I'm not trying to be mysterious, I just can't discuss it
Maybe a pic from an s4 at my house says enough right?
Kellie Myrum
How I see it, it would be based on using one of tempo buttons as global shift which (while hold) temporarily disables all button commands and engages pad matrix for bank (page) selectors for that side of controller. What's that like 12 main banks each side. For example, I could use scamo's jogFX mapping and assign it for one bank on both sides. Let's keep this ultimate S4 for mk2 and more modifiers
Delena Katherman
However I can concoct nice performance tool.
What would it take for you to make this performance tool for the S4?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Do you know something official that we don't know about the S4 mk2 release?
Nothing yet, was just giving you time to organize and collect some bread!
Delena Katherman
You are right, I don't own it and I'm not big fan of S4 TBH. However I can concoct nice performance tool. You guys should wait for S4 mk2 before sending it out
Do you know something official that we don't know about the S4 mk2 release?
Kellie Myrum
You wouldn't be the first for sure, even more experienced users didn't follow. All I can say is get yourself CNTRL:R and use it like a boss or wait for me to get a K2...
Margaretta Hebenstreit
thanks, i'll have a deeper look into this soon (as soon as my exams are over). might pm you with some questions if i get stuck somewhere if thats fine
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Volpe
turn the knob on the bottom to the right (starting at 12oclock postition) the effect (lets say a reverb) will only effect the low frequencies while the mid and highs keep going normally. is that what your mapping here does and if no, is it possible to map that?
This mapping does exactly this and more than that. It gives ability to apply any of effects to any of three band EQ frequencies.

i know basic traktor mapping but can not believe of how this could be done, but am eager to learn to map it properly myself
It takes some advanced mapping knowledge to set things up. I've explained the principal in this tread to let you know how it works and how to use it as tool but programing this is way complex and same settings won't work for every knob/fader type...
Margaretta Hebenstreit
wow, really loving the idea of the eq effects. would love to map them to a xone k2 to add to my setup. i don't really get how they work though. but what i would like to have would be if you for example turn the knob on the bottom to the right (starting at 12oclock postition) the effect (lets say a reverb) will only effect the low frequencies while the mid and highs keep going normally. is that what your mapping here does and if no, is it possible to map that? i know basic traktor mapping but can not believe of how this could be done, but am eager to learn to map it properly myself
thanks anyways
Kellie Myrum
Stewe, you don't have an S4 right? I would love to see what you could do with an awesome S4 mapping. We should chip in and buy you one so that you can create the ultimate mapping! Ha ha.
You are right, I don't own it and I'm not big fan of S4 TBH. However I can concoct nice performance tool. You guys should wait for S4 mk2 before sending it out
Valeri Millstein
Awesome! Would love to check it out. As an S4 owner, I've also envied Beaubryte's S2 mapping for months (it looks badass, and adds lots of great features). He doesn't have an S4, so I've also joked about buying him one. However, he recently posted in the NI community (in his mapping thread) that he had "good news" coming up for S4 owners. I asked if he could give us a hint about when it would be released, and he wrote this:

"No I can't
but keep an eye on djranking s.com,
the release will not be unnoticed. Just hold your breath a little longer my friend,
It's worth it. That's all I can say!"
Yes he is great, using his MF3D mapping right now!
Delena Katherman
Awesome! Would love to check it out. As an S4 owner, I've also envied Beaubryte's S2 mapping for months (it looks badass, and adds lots of great features). He doesn't have an S4, so I've also joked about buying him one. However, he recently posted in the NI community (in his mapping thread) that he had "good news" coming up for S4 owners. I asked if he could give us a hint about when it would be released, and he wrote this:

"No I can't
but keep an eye on djranking s.com,
the release will not be unnoticed. Just hold your breath a little longer my friend,
It's worth it. That's all I can say!"

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy