CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 Nexus finally hereReply
CDJ 2000 Nexus finally here
Posted on: 31.08.2012 by Marquetta Sarnie
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by kooper1980
You just know that wearing them like that the 500's headband will snap in no time!! I got through 2 pairs just through sliding them on and off of my head.
No bueno... I have a pair of 500's but I literally baby them lol. I don't wear them that way at all.
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by guiltyblade
Looks like he dropped wheels on the bus go round and round, cause they are going nutssssss
LOOOOOOL

That one made me chuckle!
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Kwal
Best way to wear headphones ever.
You just know that wearing them like that the 500's headband will snap in no time!! I got through 2 pairs just through sliding them on and off of my head.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by kooper1980
No bueno... I have a pair of 500's but I literally baby them lol. I don't wear them that way at all.
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by guiltyblade
Looks like he dropped wheels on the bus go round and round, cause they are going nutssssss
LOOOOOOL

That one made me chuckle!
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Kwal
Hellen Mindrup
Alla Bluemke
Alfredo Tooher
what surprises me is how in the way the amp rack is,
Olin Easley
Well, it's not like he necessarily owns the CDJs. :P
Trula Willadsen
What really surprises me is that there are 2000's, yet he's wearing hdj500's..
Alfredo Tooher
just 2000's, not Nexus, but yes, still overkill.... Been there too!!LOL
Pam Stolley
there are times when a nexus is overkill for a gig. this is one of those times.

Latina Samon
Cheers, I thought so but just wanted to check
Alfredo Tooher
just one and they link together.... Usb can hold more tracks at a lower cost, both are fine though
Latina Samon
Not played on 2000s before. Do you need one SD card or two? Is SD better than USB?
Alfredo Tooher
Originally Posted by Beanie
Had these for a few weeks now, been using them with a djm 900 mixer - all won in a competition as it happens.

Can honestly hand on heart say I haven't had a single issue, been using USB sticks and also hooked them up to traktor a couple of times through the inbuilt soundcard on the DJM900
That's awesome that you won this all at a competition. Enjoy the decks man, they are great, especially after the 1.06fw update.
Sandy Zosa
Had these for a few weeks now, been using them with a djm 900 mixer - all won in a competition as it happens.

Can honestly hand on heart say I haven't had a single issue, been using USB sticks and also hooked them up to traktor a couple of times through the inbuilt soundcard on the DJM900
Rey Holubar
It's sh*t write ups like yours that makes this community so great! Keep up the good work and don't worry about it.

scamo
Palma Hanslip
Just a random bump..

So after having the CDJ's a month now i can give a little feedback:

One of my CDJ's has been running 1.02 and the other 1.04.. When i first got the CDJ's i noticed a big improvement over the 1000 mk3's i had laying at the side. Everything just felt so different and newer.

I haven't had any CDJ crash on me yet but i don't really use Master Tempo and i haven't been using MP3 discs with them (infact i haven't been using discs at all).

I put my own DJ skills to the side for a moment when using them toevening and decided to use them to their potential (or the best i could). So i was mixing using the Waveforms at one point then using the bars at the top of the display and also referring to the Key Read out. The waveforms are great if everything has been run through Rekordbox (i was using my MBP linked to a hub through my DJM900.), very accurate and great for quick glances to see where tracks are and to be more precise with drops and beat effects.

The Bar count and Key is just basically what they are. Aids but aids i will never use (just like the Waveforms for me).

A touchy subject i've never wanted to use was the Sync feature. Now i gave it a try since i was using the features these came with. The Sync is quite solid but still room for adjustments in amongst the mix if using it. Infact unless you are using Sync for quickly throwing stuff in and hot cues i'd rather stick to the precise BPM read out and Waveforms. Far more accurate in my opinion. But definitely can come in handy if you are into tricks behind the decks.

One of the last things i've tried toevening is the Hot Cues/Loop/Slip mode, i have a few friends who use hotcues and it is something i always wanted to use on my CDJ1000's but never did due to them not being quantized but some of my friends always used them. Now after setting some cues on the fly i really got into the swing of using them for dropping snips of songs/drops etc in my mix toevening . Along with using the looping feature which is really solid but can drift from time to time.. This is enough for me to remix a set not including my RMX i have. I'm still tossing between the Slip mode and Looping feature to see what i prefer..

But overall, i'm definitely glad i purchased the setup i have and high recommend it for people who don't mind selling body parts/taking out a loan/getting a loan from gangsters/generally have cash for them.

Bit of a sh*t write up but it's always feedback for people who are considering or want to know more.
Palma Hanslip
Good feedback Brichi! Surprisingly the players *touch wood* haven't once crashed on me and each one is running a different FW.. They came like that also..

But i'll upgrade once there is some more positive feedback on the decks!
Amira Gotcher
The new update works really well here. Even certain rogue MP3 files that would crash the player work fine now. Good work from Pioneer for fixing the MP3 bugs quickly.
Mimi Mahaffee
Sounds neat!

Will have a go at mine too now
Alfredo Tooher
As much as I wanted to take the day off, i could not, too busy at my job right now before the Christmas break. I did however get up about 45 minutes early to play, that's how excited I was, Like Christmas morning Anyway, For the 15 minutes I really got to bang away on them, they were awesome, not one lock up or temp freezes. Toevening of course I will put them through the regular paces but usually before the update I could lock these decks up in 30 seconds, Now, I could not after playing 15-20 minutes really really hammering away on the hot starts. Very happy so far

1 bug I caught right away that did happen is the long loop bug from a cue point causing the deck to go into emergency loop, This happens if you creat a cue point into the track a little, let's say 1 minute in, call it up from memory, let the track play for about 2 minutes or more and then hit "out" to loop back to the original cue point, after 10-20 seconds it goes to emergency loop, no big deal being that no one probably does this often but hopefully that is fixed in the next update. Other then that, I will be reporting back toevening
Palma Hanslip
Any bad reports with it yet Brichi?
Alfredo Tooher
1.06 fw out this morning
Mimi Mahaffee
the files i mentioned above is all analyzed in latest rekordbox, having them on a 500gb 2,5'' lacie usb drive.

Have the 2000 nexuses hooked up to djm 900 nexus via dj link and a d-link router.
Using digital coax cables from cdj to mixer.
Mimi Mahaffee
Say I used 50% mp3 30% WAV 20% AIFF.

Have not pushed the hotkeys to the edge but tried to spam them with all three formats above, had MT on. No crash so far.
Will test furthermore later on.. much to do at work now when its christmas times.

yeah FW probably delayed cause they found something severe, i'd rather wait 7 more days than they have releasing something that they know wont work.
Alfredo Tooher
yeah Liambo, they announced it last week that it was delayed a week, probably found an issue they didnt like and want it fixed which I am totally fine with, I'd rather 100% a week later then 75% fw now
Palma Hanslip
Seriously? What's the reason? Haven't been keeping up to date on any community s lately so a bit out of the loop.
Tatum Ansaldo
They delayed the FW, it's not coming until next monday.
Palma Hanslip
Anyone tried the new update yet?
Alfredo Tooher
glad yours are working out for ya man, What kinda files you using, MP3? Just trying to help pioneer narrow the issue down, seems the most lockups happen with mp3's with MT on.

Mine do get a little warm but definitely nothing to worry about unless it's really hoy to the touch. That fan cooler will definitely work also, if a laptop can power it, the Nexus can power it. I use mine 2-3 times a weekend at 4 hours a shot plus I run them sometimes overevening to test some files and they have never overheated and I have them in a full dj case with the mixer too so the airflow is not 100%
Tawanna Censullo
Haven't had a problem with mine yet either!! Doing four gigs a week and hammering on them like I did with technics! Also have been using the hot cue functions very frequently! I wish there were more hot cues and that you cud load them all within one track with one press of a button. I do mashups with acapellas alot and the hassle with loading can be time consuming! Anyone have any problems with them getting too warm or overheating?? The display screens (the wide wave display and the inner vinyl spinning display) get quite warm during long gigs. I'm believeing bout purchasing these to go under them and my mixer in my case!!

http://www.meritline.com/kinyo-lapto...--p-79135.aspx

They're powered by USB and I was wondering if the USB on the cdj wud power all three fan devices with a USB hub? Anyone know if that would be possible since they charge iPhones/iPods/iPads????
Mimi Mahaffee
My setup has been working without a hassle, even tried spamming the hotcues, no crashes so far.

Enjoying my new babies!
Tatum Ansaldo
Yeh mine have been freezing, mostly using the hot cues. Looking forward to Monday.
Alfredo Tooher
i have found a lot of issues, most minor and annoyances but the big one is the hot start freezing issue when using MP3's and MT on which for me, rendered the decks unusable on live gigs and I use the MK1's. I am pretty confident this will be resolved come monday as the mods have said the engineers have found the problems i reported and worked them out. You may not have seen a lot of them because they either combined them as 1 thread and now has sunken low on the list because we are just waiting now or they simply removed the thread due to duplicates or again, combining into 1.

Has brichi been experiencing any issues???? You clearly haven't hit the pioneer community recently!
LOL
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Has brichi been experiencing any issues???? You clearly haven't hit the pioneer community recently!
Jon - I have been on but everytime i see a post from Brichi it's always helping others rather that complaining about his decks. Maybe just overlooked his posts lol.

Away to have a bit of a read up soon. Jon you experienced anything?
Tatum Ansaldo
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by brichi
lol,,, wow, i was slow today, that went right over my head, hahahahaaa
Haha! One of those days??

You been experiencing any issues mate?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy