scratch videos

scratch videos
Posted on: 30.01.2013 by Yong Aptekar
I know that we have a "who scratches" thread, but let's make this one the "post your scratch videos" thread. I got my superseal 2 records today, so I will have a new video to post.

Let's learn from eachothers videos, and who knows, maybe we can have a DJTT DMC comp.
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by hipnopath
Ahhh, sorry I was a little confused, I thought you were asking about the halftime breakdown in the second half. For that, I took a sample and set the "to accomplish..." part at the 12 o' clock mark on the left deck and the "you got to break..." at the 12 o'clock mark on the right deck. I manipulated the tracks so they would fall at the 12 o' clock mark. There is a Left and Right .MP3 file for each. I broke up the sample between each deck so I could just forward spin the record to the next 12 'o clock. Hope it made sense!
u talking about ur 1st video? the part where it says "let me explains whos talking" haha im confused
Verona Spradlin
Ahhh, sorry I was a little confused, I thought you were asking about the halftime breakdown in the second half. For that, I took a sample and set the "to accomplish..." part at the 12 o' clock mark on the left deck and the "you got to break..." at the 12 o'clock mark on the right deck. I manipulated the tracks so they would fall at the 12 o' clock mark. There is a Left and Right .MP3 file for each. I broke up the sample between each deck so I could just forward spin the record to the next 12 'o clock. Hope it made sense!
Precious Pequignot
thanks man, but i was refering to 0.07 to 0.10! not the juggle persay. the part where u just crossfade between 2 tracks!
Verona Spradlin
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
hipnopath killed it... looks like a young kid? I've got the following scratches down pretty good:

single/double click flare/orbit, chirp, crab, boomerang...

working on the basic scribble...one up two down...and it's kicking my ass... idk why I never learned this. I should have it down in about a week at full speed

got the swing flare almost to full speed

and the autobahn scratch for some reason just isn't clicking in my brain...I can do it slow but the speed just ain't coming along. I can do the similar boomerang scratch crazy fast

i'm 31 years old with a wife, 2 kids, and a dog and I am a manager from 8-5pm... I might get 30 minutes to an hour a day to practice but it's always interrupted by kidos and dog
Haha thanks man, turned 18 in August. I received my first pair of decks for my 16th birthday so I've got just over two years of serious practice. I hope to enter my local DMCs in April! Just have to create my set, lol.

Originally Posted by Tornesoul
dammm hipnopath, good stuff!

how long have u been practicing man?

may i ask how do u do from 0.07 to 0.10 after the short beat juggle?

is it simply 1 record a beat behind and crossfading on each beat?

is there a name for this? thanks!
Thanks man! I've been at this for about two years! For the juggling pattern, it's pretty much a chasing pattern. DJ Angelo make a pretty good tutorial for learning how to chase juggle.

If you'd like a tutorial for my beat juggle pattern, let me know! It's not too hard once you get used to it.
Precious Pequignot
dammm hipnopath, good stuff!

how long have u been practicing man?

may i ask how do u do from 0.07 to 0.10 after the short beat juggle?

is it simply 1 record a beat behind and crossfading on each beat?

is there a name for this? thanks!
Federico Vilas
hipnopath killed it... looks like a young kid? I've got the following scratches down pretty good:

single/double click flare/orbit, chirp, crab, boomerang...

working on the basic scribble...one up two down...and it's kicking my ass... idk why I never learned this. I should have it down in about a week at full speed

got the swing flare almost to full speed

and the autobahn scratch for some reason just isn't clicking in my brain...I can do it slow but the speed just ain't coming along. I can do the similar boomerang scratch crazy fast

i'm 31 years old with a wife, 2 kids, and a dog and I am a manager from 8-5pm... I might get 30 minutes to an hour a day to practice but it's always interrupted by kidos and dog
Yong Aptekar

Lovin' these new records!
Cristian Carmona
DANG!!!! Good videos.
Yong Aptekar
Those look sick!

*WARNING* NSFW
Verona Spradlin
I'm going to like this thread.

Here's a couple of my newish videos. Hope you guys like them!
Federico Vilas
I've been scratching on/off last couple of years. Here's my practice video that my son trolled

Halley Wurzer
God I want to be better at scratching. It seems to be a slow progression for me.
Norah Legowski
I wanna play!! please don't laugh at me (lol)
Federico Vilas
This will be exciting for sure... I know a handful of scratches just now working on piecing everything together style wise and SPEED
Nevada Edgette
Not gonna lie... excited about this thread

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy