hercules rmx or steel + audio 2 dj

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: hercules rmx or steel + audio 2 djReply
hercules rmx or steel + audio 2 dj
Posted on: 26.11.2010 by Nidia Clevinger
Hello, I'm soon going to be purchasing my first djing gear . Just a controller for now. My budget is about $300(maybe 350). I want to mix hardcore, dnb, dubstep, hard dance, electro and trance(surely I'll become more specified once I get further into the game, but for now, all of those genres interest me). For now, I'll pretty much just be a bedroom dj, occasionally playing live for others, but once I get better I definitely want to play gigs.

I've used VDJ quite a bit in the past, but will probably use Traktor once I get the gear since I hear its quite a bit better

I was first pretty set on the rmx, since it's gotten good reviews based upon the price. However, then I heard that perhaps a built in sound card isn't the best option. So I'm wondering would it be better to get a hercules rmx or hercules steel plus audio 2 dj, seeing as how both options are of very similar prices? Or is there another controller/combo that would be a better option for me? I'm open to buying used gear if it's a good deal.
Nidia Clevinger
Hello, I'm soon going to be purchasing my first djing gear . Just a controller for now. My budget is about $300(maybe 350). I want to mix hardcore, dnb, dubstep, hard dance, electro and trance(surely I'll become more specified once I get further into the game, but for now, all of those genres interest me). For now, I'll pretty much just be a bedroom dj, occasionally playing live for others, but once I get better I definitely want to play gigs.

I've used VDJ quite a bit in the past, but will probably use Traktor once I get the gear since I hear its quite a bit better

I was first pretty set on the rmx, since it's gotten good reviews based upon the price. However, then I heard that perhaps a built in sound card isn't the best option. So I'm wondering would it be better to get a hercules rmx or hercules steel plus audio 2 dj, seeing as how both options are of very similar prices? Or is there another controller/combo that would be a better option for me? I'm open to buying used gear if it's a good deal.
Alexandra Nerby
Love my Steel You just have to be a mapping fiend to utilize all the possibilities with Traktor. Heck, mine's even mapped to 4 decks!
Danilo Duzant
jeah for vdj the hercules are perfectly fine, if your not sure if you really want to dj or if you dont want traktor you might pick up a used hercules mp3 e2, you can get them cheap they work with vdj fine and to some extent with traktor, so you can try out if you like djing

btw, just now i searched on the internet and saw the numark stealth controll which is a. cheap b. for traktor and c. quite heavy duty ( 3.4 kilogram ), but from videos im not so sure how big it is.

so if you go traktor the cheap controllers you want to look for are reloop digital jockey 2 controller edition or numark stealth control.

there also the vestax spin/typhoon but from what they look like, there more like the hercules not really suited for traktor.
Melinda Shick
If you're set on traktor i agree with Kidcolt that hercules is not the best option, but i have the RMX and i love it with VDJ, works extremely well. But having said that i don't really like traktor so i'm bias.
Danilo Duzant
honestly i dont believe, that the hercules controllers are good for traktor.

so if i were you, id prolly buy a reloop digital jockey 2 controller edition and some cheapcheap soundcards first as you dont need a audio 2 dj for bedrooming, then save some more for audio 2 dj when ur going for gigs.

believe me youd regregt buying a hercules, because they basically dont have enough 'buttons' to work with traktor nicely ( from my pov ) a friend of mine mapped his rmx with 3 shift modifiers to make it work with traktor ok.

edit: reloop digital jockey 2 should be arround 350$ but its my 2nd choice after the vci-100 in the ''cheaper'' region.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy