What I would have liked the Kontrol S2/4 overhaul to have looked like...

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: What I would have liked the Kontrol S2/4 overhaul to have looked like...Reply
What I would have liked the Kontrol S2/4 overhaul to have looked like...
Posted on: 13.09.2013 by Norbert Thysell
I was kinda disappointed by the S2 S4 MkII launch today.

So I was trying to believe what would really push my buttons for a new all-in-one controller. What I would have liked to see was for NI to axe the jogs on the s4 and s2. With that space, they could then add a horizontal touch strip, just as on the X1 MkII in every way. Then above that, have an LCD display per channel, accompanied by a touch sensitive encoder. That LCD would generally display the waveform and the cue information. However, when the touch sensitive encoder was touched, this display could switch to the browser and allow you to choose the next track on your S2/4. Then, like the X1 MkI pressing on the encoder would load the track into the deck. This would be so sick since you then would not have to look at your laptop EVER.

In fact, you could even use this LCD to display the remix deck information if that was your deck setting. Also NI could then go the extra distance and make that LCD touch sensitive, this could let the new controller actually be a bridge between the two software stylings of Traktor Pro and Traktor DJ.
Norbert Thysell
I was kinda disappointed by the S2 S4 MkII launch today.

So I was trying to believe what would really push my buttons for a new all-in-one controller. What I would have liked to see was for NI to axe the jogs on the s4 and s2. With that space, they could then add a horizontal touch strip, just as on the X1 MkII in every way. Then above that, have an LCD display per channel, accompanied by a touch sensitive encoder. That LCD would generally display the waveform and the cue information. However, when the touch sensitive encoder was touched, this display could switch to the browser and allow you to choose the next track on your S2/4. Then, like the X1 MkI pressing on the encoder would load the track into the deck. This would be so sick since you then would not have to look at your laptop EVER.

In fact, you could even use this LCD to display the remix deck information if that was your deck setting. Also NI could then go the extra distance and make that LCD touch sensitive, this could let the new controller actually be a bridge between the two software stylings of Traktor Pro and Traktor DJ.
Nedra Fresneda
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=74371

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy