Kontrol X1, lost one row of lights!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Kontrol X1, lost one row of lights!Reply
Kontrol X1, lost one row of lights!
Posted on: 23.10.2013 by Heike Mumm
Hi guys, i remapped some buttons on both my X1's. Basically all i wanted to do was make Tempo Bend direct without having to use the shift key so i just switched the mapping of beat jump with Tempo bend. Both features work as expected on both X1's, however i have lost led lights on the Beat/Tempo buttons horizontal row on my second X1 and i cant figure out how to get it back. I would really really appreciate some help!
Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by nynemusic
I meant X1AB...are they also missing the Add Out for Lights ?
Yes they are missing in there too. Didn't you have said that your first X1 work properly?
Heike Mumm
Cool!!!
Kellie Myrum
Not necessarily, just hit big import button in the bottom of preferences and search under Native Instruments / settings folder. Once the mapping is installed the process will overwrite any previously imported mappings so you might want to export/save them before switching to default one.
Heike Mumm
Stewe, you have already been so helpful. Because the mapping process was not so time consuming or difficult, i also figured it would be best to bring it back to default state, copy add out commands and then map again!

......but how do i restore defaults ?? From the Wizard ?
Kellie Myrum
One more thing you can do is to open an X1 default mapping and see how they have it assigned. Sorry if I couldn't bee of much help here but I don't have this controller to troubleshoot that for you or even edit the way you want. Luck!
Heike Mumm
Hi Stewe, i did s u said. Chose the right mapping then selected ADD OUT and selected Tempo Bend from drop down.
Did the same for Move and selected Beat jump button.

Did not work on either controller!
Stepanie Cutright
Yes they function correct both of them. The AB has lights in the off state so 50% and pressing it does not make it brighter. The CD does not light up at all! I mean just the beat jump/tempo buttons ofcourse!

I will try the add outs today and let u know, came down with a horrible fever last evening .

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by nynemusic
Yes they are missing in there too. Didn't you have said that your first X1 work properly?
Heike Mumm
Kellie Myrum
Well I've looked only in to CDa and commands for the output are missing. If you're experiencing same issue for other side of controller than looking into CDb shouldn't be necessary.
Heike Mumm
For both of the X1's dude ? or just CDa ?
Heike Mumm
No what i meant was that pressing the button bring sno change in the brightness of the tempo bend/beat jump buttons but all the rest of the buttons work fine. Prefs are set to 50% off state, 100% on state......
Kellie Myrum
You're missing the LED output commands which are supposed to lit buttons up. Use Add Out tab and search for them under Deck Common menu. Once you find them simply map to correct buttons.
Kellie Myrum
Ok I'll dl your CDa and check that out. You should be able to increase your dimmed LEDs in preferences.
Heike Mumm
and i just noticed that even on X1AB, the lights are on but in the OFF STATE dimness. When i press tempo up or down, they dont light up. But at least they are not off!
Heike Mumm
Ok Stewe, X1 CDa is the correct one with my custom mappings but the lights are still off. Tried X1CDb and my mappings were not on and the lights were still off!
All lights are on other than Beat Jump/Tempo Up and Down......

bummer!!
Kellie Myrum
Sure thing dude.
Heike Mumm
Gimme 10 minutes to test both of them out! Get back to u shortly!
Heike Mumm
Ok, that makes sense! Didnt believe of that!
Heike Mumm
My custom mappings for both kontrollers are:

Deck A Left Side X1AB:
Tempo Bend Inc and Dec is Direct BEAT Up and Down.
Beat Jump Up and Down is SHIFT+BEAT Up and Down
Gain Deck A: Shift + Dry/Wet Left
Filter Deck A: Shift + FX Knob 3 Left (the next to Filter button)
Filter On/Off Deck A: Shift + FX Button 3(Filter) Left

The rest of the decks have exactly the same mappings on each deck side.
Deck layout is:

X1 AB: Left Side = Deck A --- Right Side = Deck B
X1 CD: Left Side = Deck C --- Right Side = Deck D

Thanks Stewe!!
Kellie Myrum
So you had two mappings for C and D installed? Try deleting one of them or try them one at a time.
Heike Mumm
The FB 331am is my main exported tsi with all the others in it.
Heike Mumm
Here you go Stewe, i had 2 X1 CD files so i named them a and b!
Thank u so much man!
Kellie Myrum
Try re-attach it again.
Heike Mumm
hmmm....i dont believe the file attached!
Heike Mumm
Ok i just added two tsi's here. I shall add X1 AB as well, that is the one which is working correctly.
Also, i have added Gain and Filter for 4 decks using shift and some fx knobs. Working just fine!
Kellie Myrum
Alright, I'll need both of files to compare them in case the edited mapping that I would send your way wont work for some reason.
Heike Mumm
Yes Stewe, i shall just upload the .tsi. Again, First X1 works just fine, second X1 has the beat jump/tempo bend button lights off, all 4 of them!
Kellie Myrum
Having only part of LED working makes me believe it got to do something with a modifier or incorrect assignment. Can you upload your .tsi files?
Heike Mumm
Hi Stewe, not that i know of, or at least something i did not do intentionally. As mentioned, Control 1 is working just fine with the lights on. Controler 2 functions correctly but the lights are off.

Can u give me a solution ? It would be so appreciated!
Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Did you switch modifiers for LED output commands as well?
Heike Mumm
Please.....?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy