[home lighting] Custom LED curtain (small skirt)? or other ideas?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: [home lighting] Custom LED curtain (small skirt)? or other ideas?Reply
[home lighting] Custom LED curtain (small skirt)? or other ideas?
Posted on: 01.11.2013 by Oren Stunkel
I'm not sure of the cost, but I'm believeing of building one of these, custom sized for the skirt of the riser that my decks and mixer are on.

Dimensions for my setup skirt are 1440mm by either 150mm or 110mm

I already have some black trouser material to use for it.

I've sent them an email.

are there any other options?

I want to get some more custom lighting other than the ikea RGB LED strips that I have around my setup.
depending on how viable the above is, i would do it, but if it isn't, then can anyone suggest anything?

I want some control of it, but can't have sound to light as I don't use speakers.
Oren Stunkel
I'm not sure of the cost, but I'm believeing of building one of these, custom sized for the skirt of the riser that my decks and mixer are on.

Dimensions for my setup skirt are 1440mm by either 150mm or 110mm

I already have some black trouser material to use for it.

I've sent them an email.

are there any other options?

I want to get some more custom lighting other than the ikea RGB LED strips that I have around my setup.
depending on how viable the above is, i would do it, but if it isn't, then can anyone suggest anything?

I want some control of it, but can't have sound to light as I don't use speakers.
Olimpia Briden
You can buy dmx controllers for the ws2812 leds :-)
Rae Beachy
You could also look into something like Madrix to drive it assuming the LEDs are DMX addressable. Good times to be had with that program.
Olimpia Briden
Shop around on ebay or aliexpress, there are lots and lots of options, ideally, you're really looking for 'addressable' strips, the newest (and best) are the ws2812 or ws2812B based strips.

They come in 30 leds/metre, 60 leds/metre and 140 leds/metre, about $20 a metre for the 60Leds/metre. You'll need a power supply of some description, which you'll have to work out from the current usage per metre. You will also need a controller, you can get those on ebay for about $20 upwards, usually with a built in power supply. Or you can build your own using something like an arduino or even an attiny board.

Adafruit also do a range of led units based on the ws2812 chips, strips of 8, a led ring with 16 leds in it, or an 8x8 array of leds, along with the strips + ideas on how to hook them up and libraries to control them too, just search the adafruit website for neopixel

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy