Just stumbled across the craigslist den of hate

Just stumbled across the craigslist den of hate
Posted on: 06.04.2013 by Len Lukawski
I was looking for a couple of items on Cleveland Craigslist and made the mistake of noticing the "Rants & Raves" sections.

I have never been so horrified in all my life. How does this even exist?
Matt Kane
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Not really, it's just based on my experience. In my line of work I meet hundreds of new people each week, and over the past 18 months I've met maybe 5 or 6 people who were actually RACIST.
where do you live? i
Matt Kane
Not really, it's just based on my experience. In my line of work I meet hundreds of new people each week, and over the past 18 months I've met maybe 5 or 6 people who were actually RACIST.
where do you live? i
Matt Kane
where do you live? i
Sherrell Dargenio
Wow lol. No offence, but you Americans are seriously fucked up. Nobody over here gives two shits what race, gender or sexuality someone is.
Yeah because there's no massive hate movements in eastern Europe or anything, no slaughters in Africa because you're from a different tribe either. That's right, hate is only American. Got it.
Len Lukawski
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365629618.798936.jpg
Now. That's not nice.
Matt Kane
where do you live? i
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Era 7
you don't leave the house very often, do you? that's are very naive thing to say.
Tesha Freudenstein
Wow lol. No offence, but you Americans are seriously fucked up. Nobody over here gives two shits what race, gender or sexuality someone is.
you don't leave the house very often, do you? that's are very naive thing to say.
Nia Amed
I call bullshit. Racism is alive and well here but it's been given a convenient shroud of politeness to hide under The US isn't like a montage from Mississippi Burning. I live in one of the most segregated and "racist" cities in the US and you don't see groups of people hunting down minorities (some police aside) or burning crosses in yards. Where you do see it existing is through the collective absence of action and attention to minority cultures from media, government, or business rather than activist violence by individuals. Being a racist here is about the laziest form of discrimination possible since most of the afflicted morons dont actually have to do or say anything to develop their hatred. Their jobs, their churches, and their police forces have generally segregated and isolated their lives from any actual contact with minorities. You only hear the really jagged stuff when people can hide behind yahoo comment boards or when drinking within homogeneous company. Not that it's any less harmful that way, but you can't really see one thread of crap on Craigslist and call that a larger picture.

You guys rightfully give immigrants and other minorities a more level playing field to develop their lives, education, and careers, so you actually do have a more interwoven society. But, I'd also say because of that, European cultures are as, if not more ingrained with honest, overt racism than our diluted brand.
Nikole Resende
It's not racism though, it's Xenophobia.

And as for Page 3, that's the fault of female attitudes, not male. It's a direct result of chav culture; all you have to do is look at Facebook or Twitter, and the amount of British women who post statuses like, "can't wait to start glamour modelling" - it's self-promoted as being glamorous; all Page 3 and similar features do is provide an outlet for that - rather fail, if you ask me - attitude.
Dude, what you're saying is wrong on so many levels...

First of all why even bother differentiating between racism and xenophobia? On the one hand the line between the two is at least blurry, on the other hand it's not like one was even just slightly better than the other...

Regarding your argument that "for Page 3, that's the fault of female attitudes" you kinda remind me of people who say if women get raped it's their own fault if they wear short skirts...
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
As for your views on "glamour". Just because some women choose to do what they do does not make the underlying attitude in this country any less sexist.
Thats an interesting point. Sexism isnt something I even considered as a problem for our generation. I know it has been inherent is past generations but I cant see any place for it in the modern day. Do you have any more examples of sexist behaviour because I just haven't seen it.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
dude...come to my city and i can easily show you the difference between xenophobia and racism...
+1

A guy I know who is a bouncer at a club is a card carrying member of the BNP and on speaking terms with Nick Griffin... right wing, racist and purely evil. He is a racist.

To say that the UK does not have a racial hate problem is ridiculous. Pointless to argue any different.
Its not xenophobia at all. Every racist knows that the person they hate is born and bred in the UK and that they are a UK citizen. They are not from a different country, often not from a different culture. They have a different colour of skin. This is often the only difference. This is pure racism.

As for your views on "glamour". Just because some women choose to do what they do does not make the underlying attitude in this country any less sexist.
Why in earth would the National Union Of Teachers put Sexual Equality Education at the top of their priorities for inclusion in the national curriculum at the last Annual Conference if they did not believe there was a problem in schools with young boys attitudes to girls ?

You sound very naive.
Matt Kane

And as for Page 3, that's the fault of female attitudes, not male. It's a direct result of chav culture; all you have to do is look at Facebook or Twitter, and the amount of British women who post statuses like, "can't wait to start glamour modelling" - it's self-promoted as being glamorous; all Page 3 and similar features do is provide an outlet for that - rather fail, if you ask me - attitude.
dude...come to my city and i can easily show you the difference between xenophobia and racism...
Doreen Schurle
Are you from the UK..? How do you have this perspective..?

Racism is endemic in the UK.
The British press is as sexist any, probably more so that many European countries... Page 3 ???

Kristofer Krauel
... Page 3 ???
Page 3 is an institution!!
nayit ruiz jaramillo

The British press is as sexist any, probably more so that many European countries... Page 3 ???
Sherrell Dargenio
Yeah because there's no massive hate movements in eastern Europe or anything, no slaughters in Africa because you're from a different tribe either. That's right, hate is only American. Got it.
Len Lukawski
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365629618.798936.jpg
Now. That's not nice.
Matt Kane
where do you live? i
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Era 7
Tesha Freudenstein
Nia Amed
I call bullshit. Racism is alive and well here but it's been given a convenient shroud of politeness to hide under The US isn't like a montage from Mississippi Burning. I live in one of the most segregated and "racist" cities in the US and you don't see groups of people hunting down minorities (some police aside) or burning crosses in yards. Where you do see it existing is through the collective absence of action and attention to minority cultures from media, government, or business rather than activist violence by individuals. Being a racist here is about the laziest form of discrimination possible since most of the afflicted morons dont actually have to do or say anything to develop their hatred. Their jobs, their churches, and their police forces have generally segregated and isolated their lives from any actual contact with minorities. You only hear the really jagged stuff when people can hide behind yahoo comment boards or when drinking within homogeneous company. Not that it's any less harmful that way, but you can't really see one thread of crap on Craigslist and call that a larger picture.

You guys rightfully give immigrants and other minorities a more level playing field to develop their lives, education, and careers, so you actually do have a more interwoven society. But, I'd also say because of that, European cultures are as, if not more ingrained with honest, overt racism than our diluted brand.
Len Lukawski
I had no idea this topic would act as such a moral filter....
Nikole Resende

Dude, what you're saying is wrong on so many levels...

First of all why even bother differentiating between racism and xenophobia? On the one hand the line between the two is at least blurry, on the other hand it's not like one was even just slightly better than the other...

Regarding your argument that "for Page 3, that's the fault of female attitudes" you kinda remind me of people who say if women get raped it's their own fault if they wear short skirts...
Kristofer Krauel
Thats an interesting point. Sexism isnt something I even considered as a problem for our generation. I know it has been inherent is past generations but I cant see any place for it in the modern day. Do you have any more examples of sexist behaviour because I just haven't seen it.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
+1

A guy I know who is a bouncer at a club is a card carrying member of the BNP and on speaking terms with Nick Griffin... right wing, racist and purely evil. He is a racist.

To say that the UK does not have a racial hate problem is ridiculous. Pointless to argue any different.
Its not xenophobia at all. Every racist knows that the person they hate is born and bred in the UK and that they are a UK citizen. They are not from a different country, often not from a different culture. They have a different colour of skin. This is often the only difference. This is pure racism.

Why in earth would the National Union Of Teachers put Sexual Equality Education at the top of their priorities for inclusion in the national curriculum at the last Annual Conference if they did not believe there was a problem in schools with young boys attitudes to girls ?

You sound very naive.
Matt Kane

Doreen Schurle

Kristofer Krauel
... Page 3 ???
Page 3 is an institution!!
nayit ruiz jaramillo

Rena Estabrook
I read San Francisco R and R when I'm bored at work. A lot of it is shit, but then there are some that creatively bitches about life.
Elmer Kindinger
Originally Posted by kooper1980
I once bought a cream horn with next to no cream in it!! Not been back to Greggs since!
I've not been since they changed the grated cheese to sliced...
Kristofer Krauel
Exactly. Who do those Baker bastards believe they are?
I once bought a cream horn with next to no cream in it!! Not been back to Greggs since!
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Some posts on there are fucked up beyond belief!! Its scary that the people with those views exist in society.

The most controversial post in the English version (if there was one) would be about Greggs reducing the amount of jam inside their Doughnuts!!
Exactly. Who do those Baker bastards believe they are?
Kristofer Krauel
Some posts on there are fucked up beyond belief!! Its scary that the people with those views exist in society.

The most controversial post in the English version (if there was one) would be about Greggs reducing the amount of jam inside their Doughnuts!!
Len Lukawski
And racism is live and kicking in the UK.
Len Lukawski
And I'm not American
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
I don't believe that's true... racism is everywhere...
No, Xenophobia - usually borne out of personal or second-hand experience - is universal. Irrational racism is, in large parts of the world, a thing of the past.

For example, a large amount of the women I work with have a particular issue with Asian men (middle eastern, not oriental) because cultural differences lead them to come across as "pervy" by UK standards. In their culture, the way they communicate their desires to women may be considered acceptable, but over here - coupled with inaccurate use of the English language - it just comes across as creepy.

Personally, I consider their viewpoint perfectly valid and not racist whatsoever; it's not a hatred/dislike of who they are, it's how - as a majority - they behave. They generally have no issue with people of ethnic origin raised in Western countries, which further demonstrates it's a cultural issue rather than a racial one.
Gaynell Rydberg
I don't believe that's true... racism is everywhere...
Doreen Schurle

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy