(OT) Cycling.....

(OT) Cycling.....
Posted on: 29.06.2011 by Roy Houn
do any of you do it? what style of bike do you have? im in the process of selling my saracen hard tail mountain bike that ive hardly used i must confess and am buying a Felt qx75 hybrid bike to use to get back and too to work...anyone have a felt? im gettin it half the retail price as its the 2010 model which doesnt bother me, its brand new from the shop tho with the usual 12 months guarantee
Ngoc Ninow
Cheers, dude! It's a real nice bike. I've managed to get it insured for something like
Ngoc Ninow
Cheers, dude! It's a real nice bike. I've managed to get it insured for something like
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
Here my latest toy; Specialzed Allez Sport, 2013. Shimano Sora Group Set and Shimano XT M 785 pedals.

Rides like a freaking dream.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Evita Mockel
Originally Posted by ThinAir
I will do... I'll put a photo and such like in the post your latest purchases thread and PM you when it's done :-)

You should write to your local Member of Parliament (please excuse my ignorance of your political system), but Im guessing this would be either your congressman or Senator??!! (I've probably made a right D1ck of myself there), or maybe to your city mayor and demand a system be put in place forthwith! Lol!

Seriously though....Im not a massive envoronmentalist, but the whole obesity thing is something that's waaaaaay out of control so the more kids we can switch onto cycling (or anything that's ot a games console) the better. The academic sport programme in this country pales in significance to the one that runs in the states so we are off to a bad start straight away on those terms....
I test rode the 2013 Allez Sport and thought it was a great bike. I ended buying a Felt but it was really a toss up between the Specialized and the Felt. In that price range it's a great bike.
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Post up a review of the Specialized when you get it!

I know when I tried the road bike at the shop it felt really awkward, but I believe that was just being in unfamiliar territory. I hadn't ridden a bike in years haha.

I would love to see implementation in the US. It'd match up really well with the First Lady's fight against obesity.
I will do... I'll put a photo and such like in the post your latest purchases thread and PM you when it's done :-)

You should write to your local Member of Parliament (please excuse my ignorance of your political system), but Im guessing this would be either your congressman or Senator??!! (I've probably made a right D1ck of myself there), or maybe to your city mayor and demand a system be put in place forthwith! Lol!

Seriously though....Im not a massive envoronmentalist, but the whole obesity thing is something that's waaaaaay out of control so the more kids we can switch onto cycling (or anything that's ot a games console) the better. The academic sport programme in this country pales in significance to the one that runs in the states so we are off to a bad start straight away on those terms....
Ngoc Ninow
There's still a discount. I've for exactly
Ngoc Ninow
Well, I've just evening myself are toy....

Don't know if you guys from different shores know about this, but we have something in the UK called the cycle to work scheme. Basically, I pick a bike, accesories, etc, my employer pays for it and I lease it back off them over 12 months with the option to buy the bike at the end if the twelve months, or start over... I get a tax break for this as well, plus health benefits, plus save money on fuel bla bla bla....

So here's the machine I have chosen....

image.jpg

Specialized Allez Sport 2013

And these pedals

image.jpg
Shimano XT M780

The other stuff is just bits of clothing and lights etc.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can get out on it and start saving some money!
Edwina Fagel
I wish we had that kind of insurance in Estonia.
Ngoc Ninow
Edwina Fagel
Looks sick man.
I crashed my Merida road bike pretty bad a few weeks ago so I'm looking for a new bike aswell lol.
Ngoc Ninow
Here my latest toy; Specialzed Allez Sport, 2013. Shimano Sora Group Set and Shimano XT M 785 pedals.

Rides like a freaking dream.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Gaynell Rydberg
Just installed the kool-stop brake pads. GET THEM!

They're friggin awesome. The wheel lock up is easy to control (if it ever happens) but they're great in the rain and dry.
Evita Mockel
Originally Posted by ThinAir

I test rode the 2013 Allez Sport and thought it was a great bike. I ended buying a Felt but it was really a toss up between the Specialized and the Felt. In that price range it's a great bike.
Gaynell Rydberg
Haha, I don't believe it'll be put into effect unless you live in a very large city. Even then, I believe the risk is a bit too high since bike thieves are rampant in NYC. The number of locks you have to put on the bike to secure it in NYC is ridiculous!

I'm lucky to be able to ride my bike to classes, but I just can't see it being reasonable back at home. You have to go at least 15 minutes by car to get anywhere.
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50

I know when I tried the road bike at the shop it felt really awkward, but I believe that was just being in unfamiliar territory. I hadn't ridden a bike in years haha.

I would love to see implementation in the US. It'd match up really well with the First Lady's fight against obesity.

Dannie Dimora
I love biking! I do crosscountry quite often with my cannondale rush 6, also i love downhilling, but i usually borrow some friend's bike to do so, i don't have all the money in the world to buy a massive dnh bike..
Gaynell Rydberg

Ngoc Ninow
The scheme has been running in the uk for a few years now, something to do with reducing carbon emissions and getting people fit etc. It's a good scheme :-)

I've just (about 6 months ago) got rid of a hybrid, wasn't really for me, and couldn't get used to it at all. My sister has just invested in a mountain bike so I'm looking for one of those as well now, so that's can get out on the bike with her. Cant get it on the scheme though :-(
Gaynell Rydberg
That's friggin awesome. I wish I could get in on something like that. I'm starting to wish I got a road bike instead of a hybrid, but like controllers... it doesn't have to be my last bike!
Ngoc Ninow
There's still a discount. I've for exactly
Gaynell Rydberg
Wow!! That is a fucking awesome plan!!

Do you have to pay the full cost of the bike still or is there a discount?
Ngoc Ninow
Well, I've just evening myself are toy....

Don't know if you guys from different shores know about this, but we have something in the UK called the cycle to work scheme. Basically, I pick a bike, accesories, etc, my employer pays for it and I lease it back off them over 12 months with the option to buy the bike at the end if the twelve months, or start over... I get a tax break for this as well, plus health benefits, plus save money on fuel bla bla bla....

So here's the machine I have chosen....

image.jpg

Specialized Allez Sport 2013

And these pedals

image.jpg
Shimano XT M780

The other stuff is just bits of clothing and lights etc.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can get out on it and start saving some money!
Bryon Taglieri
Saw this thought it might give you guys a kick sorry if it's already posted

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=855dmbFQ_j4
Gaynell Rydberg
Woah! That's some insane luck.

I have a Trek FX 7.1 I use for going to classes.

I wanna upgrade components on it, but I don't know if it's worth it for commuting. Just ordered some kool-stop brake pads. I really want a new saddle, but they're pricey..
Leeanna Ayla
Wow that's great news. Now go ride!!!
Rena Estabrook
^ Nice! Very lucky.
Matt Kane
the sad days are over!
i finally got my stolen bike back after such a long time. and the best thing is, that all the parts are still in the same place. MAGIC!
Lin Danek
Looks like fun:

What a rush.
Breanne Penge
Looks like fun:

Lauretta Ehrhorn
Cycling in the UK is dangerous business....for anyone (just heard he's been released from hospital) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20249139
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Cannabis is a bronchodilator so could be classed as performance enhancing although stopping at every sweet shop is unlikely to improve your time.
Classic.
Leeanna Ayla
While we're on the subject this is what our local police force was doing last evening .

140 pounds of pot and $70,000 in cash next door to a Boys and Girls club.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Oh and I believe I heard on the news that the state was Colorado.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Originally Posted by photojojo
I believe he's clean outside the occasional joint.
Cannabis is a bronchodilator so could be classed as performance enhancing although stopping at every sweet shop is unlikely to improve your time.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy