Toronto or Vancouver

Toronto or Vancouver
Posted on: 23.07.2013 by Kanesha Corella
Hey DJTT..

Im 20, from Australia and wanting to move to Canada next year..
anyone from Canada willing to have a chat about anything and everything i need to know?
including where the best evening life is of course
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by dj_adm
If you're an Aussie, I'd say go to Vancouver to save yourself money flying over.

But let's be honest, Toronto is amazing. You're a short drive away from Niagara Falls (+ a lot more waterfalls in Hamilton), Wasaga Beach, Canada's Wonderland. The evening life is world class too.

While some may claim that BC is more beautiful....they probably haven't travelled to Northern Ontario.
What im getting at is all of BC is beautiful, Ontario you have to travel to get to it. This thread is filled with one sided opinions from people either in ontario or bc. Mostly Ontario peeps doe haha
Kanesha Corella
Hey DJTT..

Im 20, from Australia and wanting to move to Canada next year..
anyone from Canada willing to have a chat about anything and everything i need to know?
including where the best evening life is of course
Yong Aptekar
been in Vancouver, live an hour away from Toronto. If you do anything outside extreme, snowboard, surf, downhill skate, rockclimb, Vancouver is the place to be. Whistler isnt far, and it is a party mountain in the winter. Toronto is well, just Toronto. Used to have a HUGE drum and bass scene. Others can speak to that.
Albina Androski
Yeah, there's a lot to love in both provinces <3
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by dj_adm
If you're an Aussie, I'd say go to Vancouver to save yourself money flying over.

But let's be honest, Toronto is amazing. You're a short drive away from Niagara Falls (+ a lot more waterfalls in Hamilton), Wasaga Beach, Canada's Wonderland. The evening life is world class too.

While some may claim that BC is more beautiful....they probably haven't travelled to Northern Ontario.
What im getting at is all of BC is beautiful, Ontario you have to travel to get to it. This thread is filled with one sided opinions from people either in ontario or bc. Mostly Ontario peeps doe haha
Albina Androski

Rocco Fiveash
Vancouver is the city of no fun.
Kanesha Corella
well

looks like ill be heading into toronto and see where that takes me!
im fine with heading out by myself and getting to know promoters etc as thats how i got my break in Melbourne.. although im so sick of the club culture here.. the music is discusting and 90 percent of kids my age are fucked on drugs.
Jorge Furber
Best evening life is Montreal, Toronto is great too though. I've been to Vancouver a few times and it's the best place to start if you want to make a nice transition, especially because of the weather. Ontario and Quebec get hit pretty badly by snow. And lately, the weather has been quite crazy, example: Monday, I spent the day boating, in bikini all day and all evening , Tuesday, I was out in shorts until 3AM and then I woke this morning, Wednesday, freezing my ass and my toes were actually turning blue when I was watching my Dad's softball game. BC is just warmer overall and the minimum and maximum temperatures are closer to each other than on the Eastcoast.
Tera Baragan
The nicer part of Canada is on the Westcoast. Especially if you like to rave in the woods. just sayin.
Mercedez Holzhueter
I've lived in Toronto all my life and the music scene here is great. I've heard only good things about the scene in Vancouver as well so I'm sure either choice would be fine for that. As for breaking in, it's all about who you know. Talk to people at shows, find out who the local dj's are, send a few demos around and see what happens.
Kanesha Corella
Well ive got a relative in toronto who runs his own business (aussie x)
And can almost certainly get a job there so leaning towards toronto..
Is there good oppurtunity to break in as a dj there?
I have two personas..one deep/tech house and the other electro,
Marcos Zelko
I've never been to Vancouver but I live in Toronto. Honestly the scene here is great! There is always world class talent rolling in to the city week after week, ranging from your more commercial artists like Gareth Emery, Steve Angello, to the more underground artists like Pig&Dan, pan-pot, nicole moudaber etc.

Theres always plenty to choose from week in week out.
Tera Baragan
Vancouver would be the better choice. You are a lot closer to festivals like shambhala(ex below), and just the good underground music scene. BC being the more beautiful spot in Canada.

Thats one of the stages.
Bryon Taglieri
Vancouver is wet and cold but close to some awesome snowboarding and bike riding.

Pm me I lived and worked on the west coast for year traveling from Australia.
Johnetta Olewine
Vancouver is wet and cold. Toronto is really really fucking cold.

Do with that what you will.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy