Itunes and music.

Itunes and music.
Posted on: 27.08.2013 by Klara Kinnebrew
I have a question for the Itunes users. I want to start off by saying I hate Itunes with a passion. Have not used it in years. I recently broke my android phone only 2 weeks after getting it. That being said, I was not due for an upgrade so I had to use my wifes hand-me-down Iphone 4s. Im so used to having music on me at all times that I had to break down, hook up to Itunes and transfer some music. So this is the first time Im putting any music in Itunes. I tunes askes me where my music resides. I point it to the "music" folder where all of my stuff is very organized. Itunes begins to import everything.

That is where shit goes way wrong. Itunes actually takes all the MP3s out of the folders I had it in, makes a million folders itself (You know how it makes a new folder if the artist collaborated with someone else) and scatters the MP3s everywhere in a different location. Is there any way for me to tell Itunes to put my music back where it took it from? Im kind of a nazi when it comes to how well my music is organized. I have spent countless hours making sure it is clean and now in one swoop Itunes and messed my whole library up...

Help...

/Rant
Augustine Mitzen
Originally Posted by makar1
Itunes makes copies of your music if you have that setting checked. It doesn't move your files as far as I know.
that and the folders are pretty logically arranged: Library>Artist>Album
Klara Kinnebrew
I have a question for the Itunes users. I want to start off by saying I hate Itunes with a passion. Have not used it in years. I recently broke my android phone only 2 weeks after getting it. That being said, I was not due for an upgrade so I had to use my wifes hand-me-down Iphone 4s. Im so used to having music on me at all times that I had to break down, hook up to Itunes and transfer some music. So this is the first time Im putting any music in Itunes. I tunes askes me where my music resides. I point it to the "music" folder where all of my stuff is very organized. Itunes begins to import everything.

That is where shit goes way wrong. Itunes actually takes all the MP3s out of the folders I had it in, makes a million folders itself (You know how it makes a new folder if the artist collaborated with someone else) and scatters the MP3s everywhere in a different location. Is there any way for me to tell Itunes to put my music back where it took it from? Im kind of a nazi when it comes to how well my music is organized. I have spent countless hours making sure it is clean and now in one swoop Itunes and messed my whole library up...

Help...

/Rant
Vada Branyon
But i still served him, right?

Someone got SERVED!!

Latoria Kavulich
Was a spammer Jay ... somehow slipped through our dragnet
Vada Branyon
Try drag and drop...

/facepalm
Vada Branyon
Just delete what iTunes did, and start again from your backup... You do have a backup?
Klara Kinnebrew
Thanks Jester. So It appears there is nothing I can do to reverse this?
Latoria Kavulich
Two settings need to be unchecked in the advanced tab "Keep iTunes media folder organised" "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library"
I still use iTunes for organising stuff but point winamp at the folder
Alphonso Deitchman
I guess you manually set your Media folder as your music folder then. The default installation makes it a subfolder instead.

If you put as much effort as you say in keeping your music organised, the tags should be accurate right? So the new filesystem should make sense. There doesn't seem to be any easy undo button for this unfortunately.
Klara Kinnebrew
It did move the MP3 files. I now have all of my artist>album folders empty (except for the artwork) that is arranged by nothing but artist. Every time there was a collaboration, Itunes made a new folder title with the OG artist and the collaborator and put just the one song in such said folder. Its a mess.
Augustine Mitzen
Originally Posted by makar1
Itunes makes copies of your music if you have that setting checked. It doesn't move your files as far as I know.
that and the folders are pretty logically arranged: Library>Artist>Album
Alphonso Deitchman

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy