My Live Setup & Studio

My Live Setup & Studio
Posted on: 27.07.2013 by Temple Cervelli
I have actually been meaning to post up and share my setup here for a long time. I haven't been on this community in nearly a year now, Now I am back.

My DJ setup currently consists of an Xone 92, a MacBook Pro running Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Traktor Audio 10, 2 Kontrol X1's, Maschine, a 10 port USB HUB, and sometimes 2 or 4 Vestax PDX-a2S if I fancy playing records too.

My setup before this was the same as above, but with a Pioneer DJM 500 mixer and 2 CDJS; 1 CDJ 1000 & 1 CDJ 800, which I used timecode CDs with, with Traktor, but I swapped the two decks and an older DJM 500 that I had for the Xone 92. (this was sold via gumtree, and the pair of us actually put our trust in one another to send the mixer, and the decks to each other, without ripping each other off, the mixer turned up, and i sent off the decks.. Faith in humanity restored!)

Anyhow, back on topic.

My studio setup consists of my MacBook Pro, with a 20 or so inch Dell monitor beside, connected by mini-displayport. Running Logic Pro 9, and sometimes Ableton Live 8. A 25 key Behringer UMX-250 MIDI keyboard, a 49 key ION MIDI keyboard, Maschine, a Lexicon Alpha soundcard, a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitors with Editor Keys monitor guards, A Samson G Track USB MIC, A 500GB Samsung Seagate external HD, for backing up da beatz! And samples etc. I use quite a lot of different plugins, in both Logic Pro and Maschine. I have some acoustic tiles up across the room too, but I honestly can't feel and hear a difference, I can't remember how it sounded without them!

There you go! Pics below. I will attach pictures if I integrate anything interesting and new into my setups. I am in the process of learning how to integrate maschine, ableton and my Xone 92 all together to use plugins inside of ableton over my tracks and maschine stuff, just exactly like how Chris Liebing does in his How I play Video with DJTT.

IMG_3319.jpgIMG_3321.jpgIMG_3322.jpgIMG_3324.jpgIMG_3325.jpgIMG_3326.jpgIMG_3329.jpg
Temple Cervelli
I have actually been meaning to post up and share my setup here for a long time. I haven't been on this community in nearly a year now, Now I am back.

My DJ setup currently consists of an Xone 92, a MacBook Pro running Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Traktor Audio 10, 2 Kontrol X1's, Maschine, a 10 port USB HUB, and sometimes 2 or 4 Vestax PDX-a2S if I fancy playing records too.

My setup before this was the same as above, but with a Pioneer DJM 500 mixer and 2 CDJS; 1 CDJ 1000 & 1 CDJ 800, which I used timecode CDs with, with Traktor, but I swapped the two decks and an older DJM 500 that I had for the Xone 92. (this was sold via gumtree, and the pair of us actually put our trust in one another to send the mixer, and the decks to each other, without ripping each other off, the mixer turned up, and i sent off the decks.. Faith in humanity restored!)

Anyhow, back on topic.

My studio setup consists of my MacBook Pro, with a 20 or so inch Dell monitor beside, connected by mini-displayport. Running Logic Pro 9, and sometimes Ableton Live 8. A 25 key Behringer UMX-250 MIDI keyboard, a 49 key ION MIDI keyboard, Maschine, a Lexicon Alpha soundcard, a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitors with Editor Keys monitor guards, A Samson G Track USB MIC, A 500GB Samsung Seagate external HD, for backing up da beatz! And samples etc. I use quite a lot of different plugins, in both Logic Pro and Maschine. I have some acoustic tiles up across the room too, but I honestly can't feel and hear a difference, I can't remember how it sounded without them!

There you go! Pics below. I will attach pictures if I integrate anything interesting and new into my setups. I am in the process of learning how to integrate maschine, ableton and my Xone 92 all together to use plugins inside of ableton over my tracks and maschine stuff, just exactly like how Chris Liebing does in his How I play Video with DJTT.

IMG_3319.jpgIMG_3321.jpgIMG_3322.jpgIMG_3324.jpgIMG_3325.jpgIMG_3326.jpgIMG_3329.jpg
Temple Cervelli
Welcome. It is a nice mixer man, really benefit from the Aux/return mic channels too, but the faders are pretty loose so I prefer the DJM for that side.
Macie Mcgorty
Alright thanks man. Geuss im not gonna go with the 92. I like tight faders.
Chung Rosaro
Xone 92 is the sheeeet. I've got the rotary version. Definitely the best mixer I have ever touched.
Temple Cervelli
I do like it, it has that nice warm analogue sound. But I really don't like the up-faders.. Coming from using Pioneers DJM series mixers, the faders are nice, but on the Xone92 they are very loose and just by pushing an up-fader down ever so slightly it really brings the volume down quickly so I dislike that.

I got it for the 4 line channels and the send & return, so I can't moan too much. Ah haha thats all old stencils from years ago. Must repaint over it!
Macie Mcgorty
How would you recommend the Xone 92? Also nice wallpaper bro.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy