Welcome to Show your Setup

Welcome to Show your Setup
Posted on: 02.11.2011 by Random X
Hi and welcome.

This community is all about showing off your setup.
Any user may open a thread in which he or she will keep the rest of the DJTT community up to date about the gear that is used, why this gear was chosen and what was done to overcome obstacles along the way.

This will also give everybody a nice historical overview of how one's setup has evolved over the years, which is always cool to look into.

Rules of Engagement
The way this is going down is as followed:
Users open a single thread in which they start logging about their gear and the way it's set up.
Threads will all be named the same ie: [Your Name's Setup] no additional symbols to make your setup stand out.
Other users will be able to ask questions about the setups within the threads themselves.

Keep up with the Sticky!
The DJTT mods and admins will try to keep up with the booths/setups and round pictures up in a single thread in which only the mods and admins can post.
This way the users will be able to quickly flick through the updates posted in this community .

Is this it?! Nope there's more!
Every month we will select a booth/setup to be featured on the blog. We will conduct a short interview and try to get some high res images of the booth.

History of 'Show your setup' - a.k.a. the retired threads
Show your setup - created by corporation
Show Your Setup Part II

So let's get cracking and make this wonderful!
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by tekki
Hi and welcome.

Any user may open a thread in which he or she will keep the rest of the DJTT community up to date about the gear that is used, why this gear was chosen and what was done to overcome obstacles along the way.

This will also give everybody a nice historical overview of how one's setup has evolved over the years, which is always cool to look into.

Rules of Engagement
Users open a single thread in which they start logging about their gear and the way it's set up.
Threads will all be named the same ie: [Your Name's Setup] no additional symbols to make your setup stand out.
Other users will be able to ask questions about the setups within the threads themselves.

Keep up with the Sticky!
The DJTT mods and admins will try to keep up with the booths/setups and round pictures up in a single thread in which only the mods and admins can post.
This way the users will be able to quickly flick through the updates posted in this community .

Every month we will select a booth/setup to be featured on the blog. We will conduct a short interview and try to get some high res images of the booth.

Show Your Setup Part II

Bump.

Keep your titles short folks. My editing finger is getting itchy.
Rey Holubar
Actually, you can use them as attachments, you just have to post them "inline" and once they are in the WYSIWYG editor, double click on the image. You'll see a pop-up which shows you some image preferences and one is what size you want to show the image in the final post. Here is an example.

IMG_3452klein.jpgSMALL
IMG_3455klein.jpgMEDIUMIMG_3454klein.jpgLARGE

scamo
Emely Metz
because i dont have an S4 or Midifighter :P
I dont have a DVS too! only Mixtrack with the Traktor LE
Originally Posted by scamo
Uh, what's wrong with the title?

@Luconia - why so shy? Just let it all hang out. No one will laugh. I promise.

scamo
Samual Ogura
Yes, way to go DJTT!
would it be possible to insert the URL to each setup thread in those overview posts? That way if someone sees something of interest, they can jump straight to that thread and not have to go searching for it.
scamo
Agreed!
Latoria Kavulich
Reminder: One setup thread per member please. Multiple threads will be merged.
Merlin Becerril
Hello everybody! I'm Mikki Dj, and I'm the first time in this blog, thanks for the suport, and I hope to help in any way possible. Thank you very much for everything!
Latoria Kavulich
Hi and welcome.

Rules of Engagement

Keep up with the Sticky!

Show Your Setup Part II

Bump.

Keep your titles short folks. My editing finger is getting itchy.
Rey Holubar
Actually, you can use them as attachments, you just have to post them "inline" and once they are in the WYSIWYG editor, double click on the image. You'll see a pop-up which shows you some image preferences and one is what size you want to show the image in the final post. Here is an example.

IMG_3452klein.jpgSMALL
IMG_3455klein.jpgMEDIUMIMG_3454klein.jpgLARGE

scamo
Latoria Kavulich
Guys, To get bigger pics in your posts don't post your images as attachments, Use the [img] tags. That way your pic will come up full size. Churr
Random X
Something with vinegar....
Kiyoko Wellisch
Problem with the title is that is says "set up" not "setup" like all the posts do (including official stickies) and it isn't capitalised the same way as the other subcommunity s are.
Emely Metz
because i dont have an S4 or Midifighter :P
I dont have a DVS too! only Mixtrack with the Traktor LE

scamo
Rey Holubar

scamo
Kiyoko Wellisch
I just want the community title fixed...
Emely Metz
This is only a suggestion, but can we reopen the old big setup thread back, or created a new sticky? Because maybe some of us would only want to post a pic of their rig in a post rather than open a dedicated thread for it. i'm for one are not too fond of flaunding my setup just yet
Rey Holubar
You either need a fairly good camera with a good lens or you need a tripod to put your camera on, so when you shoot the picture, your not shaking causing the picture to get messy.

scamo
Valda Wallisch
Help me guys!
Im trying to get a proper picture of my setup but if theres dark and i just have my coloured lights on it gets all muddy and griddy.. How do you get so good pictures??
Loreta Tessay
All I can say is!!! There are so many GREAT et up here Good job to all..
Kiyoko Wellisch
Can we please correct the community title? It's not capitalised in the same fashion as any of the other community sections and setup is written as two words, unlike every post actually in here.
Loreta Tessay
I love what i see guys! drooling time! have fun!
Samual Ogura
Yes, way to go DJTT!
would it be possible to insert the URL to each setup thread in those overview posts? That way if someone sees something of interest, they can jump straight to that thread and not have to go searching for it.
scamo
Agreed!
Barney Mccraney
oh ok thanks!
Kiyoko Wellisch
upload them to imgur.com

don't use photobucket or imageshack, they really blow
Barney Mccraney
Might sound a stupid question but how can i post a picture? server says that maximum picture size is 179kb but there are way biger ones in the posts....

Thanks!
Alicia Daschke
I have currently bought a Behringer NOX303 mixer and intend to use it with my laptop using traktor or VDJ . It has one in built USB audio interface . So to use another channel for in stereo i have to set it up with another portable USB audio interface , right ? Which one should i go for , will Behringer UCA202/222 do the job for me ? Or any other suggestions .

Response highly awaited as i am just too impatient to get get started with my gear
Kiyoko Wellisch
Come on fix the community title!
Dorie Scelzo
k.
Random X
Nice suggestion, but short term answer is gonna be no.
Dorie Scelzo
I'm going to be the little bitch that asks mods to do more work. Feel free to say no.

Is there any way we can get a link to the thread with the update when the updates thread is updated? Preferably with avatars instead of words.

Sorry. I was going to try to make that clearer, but it's too funny this way. I'm going to go laugh in a corner. No, I'm not sober.
Candy Vardy
I sea what you did thare...

nayit ruiz jaramillo
Small but important rule addition (added to the first post).
Some members are using heavy formatting in their thread titles.
Members threads are all evolving, we get that. They are all used for various purposes but the idea of this thread was that it would be a clean, easy to read resource so we have decided that ALL threads will be named and formatted the same.

So please just title it: Your Name's Setup.
Anything else will simply be edited by a Mod (probably me as im the anal one).
Kiyoko Wellisch
Can we capitalise the community title please?
Rey Holubar
Even more easy than it is now?
Yes and viewing too. Right now, to load a picture that will show up as an image in a post properly, you have to go some where else and load up the picture, either here as an attachment or on another site, then link up to the image in the post with the IMG tag. In vBulletin 4 you can

1. Load the image directly as an asset (attachment) and display it in the post directly.
2. You can select the size of the preview images (thumbnail, small, large, normal size)
3. You can upload multiple images at the same time with the new asset manager
4. You can view the images in a light box. So if there are a number of images, you don't have a really long post. You just show thumbnails and when the user clicks on one, she gets a viewer where she can click through all the images, sort of like how facebook does it with albums. Ah, vB4 has albums too.

scamo
Ada Matzkin
this community should honestly be at or near the top of all... i predict a lot of mouse wheel fatigue sydrome from all the people scrolling down to get here.
Random X
Even more easy than it is now?
Rey Holubar
Yes, way to go DJTT!

I like the idea of a single thread to show an overview of the setup threads. That is a really nice offer of you guys to do all that work. I also hate to add to that work, but would it be possible to insert the URL to each setup thread in those overview posts? That way if someone sees something of interest, they can jump straight to that thread and not have to go searching for it. What do you believe?

Top stuff DJTT! And now you just need to upgrade to vBulletin 4, so adding images is much easier.

scamo
Brunilda Kora
This is a good idea - I like it.
Darcey Mens
I love the idea! Thanks guys
Phylis Lebby
Finally, a place where drooling over all our glittery DJ setups is ENCOURAGED. This is going to be awesome. :]
Romelia Stankard
This is a really cool idea

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy