Saved up some cash, what do I buy?

Home :: General Discussion :: Saved up some cash, what do I buy?Reply
Saved up some cash, what do I buy?
Posted on: 21.12.2013 by Brant Eschman
Hi guys, I saves up some cash since I bought my DDJ-SX a while back. Here are a list of things that I thought of buying (only have the money to buy 1 item on the list):

1. Pio SDJ-60X's or KRK rokit 6's
2. RMX 1000
3. Denon SC2900

They all have their advantages, the SDJ-60X's or KRK's for better sound and a maybe a motivation to get into some music production? But above all the sound. The RMX 1000 for extra effects and 1 denon sc2900 to go along with my DDJ-SX to get more familiar with CDJ's.

Any insights or advice on this one?

Wout
Hulda Ramprasad
Differences, yes.

But to say you can't learn to beatmatch on Traktor, or any other relevant software, is a tad naive.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by cheef
Daniboy stole the thread, it seems - kinda wild statement.

To the OP, monitors all the way.
Sorry for that hahaha

But I believe its useful for the guy who made the thread to know the differences between ways of beatmatching.
Hulda Ramprasad
Daniboy stole the thread, it seems - kinda wild statement.

To the OP, monitors all the way.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
Are you serious man? That's the point of learning to beat match? So you can do it on a CDJ? What about vinyl?

There are many reasons to learn how to beat match, knowing how to do it on a CDJ is just an ancillary benefit of learning to beat match period IMO.

Beat matching is beat matching, no matter what you do it on. The only difference between a CDJ/Vinyl and doing it in traktor is the nudging capabilities, and potentially the ability to see the waveform depending on what you're using to beat match. I'd argue that it's even more difficult to do it on vinyl than a CDJ since many CDJs will give you BPM readings, wave forms, etc. But knowing the concepts of beat matching will apply to beat matching on anything. It's just a matter of subtle differences on the platform after that.

And I've never beat matched on a CDJ, and I can't beat match in less than ten seconds like some of the experts. But I'm getting much better on it on vinyl - I certainly know how to do it. I believe you're being a bit closed-minded there man. Just because you use CDJs doesn't mean everyone in the world should.
Its much more difficult to do in vinyl! I love vinyl!

I just mentioned CDJs cus we are almost in 2014 man..

Maybe there are still some DJs who beatmatch Hip Hop in turntables (without softwares) somewhere in the planet, I really don't know any.

You may go to clubs where people do this but I'm going to be honest, I never went on a place like this in my life, I only see turntables working (without softwares) on DJ studios and on some of my friends houses.

Sorry if I insulted you, I'm a vinyl guy too, and I'm going to get the thing correct now:

- In my sincere opinion, if you don't know how to beatmatch on a CDJ and/or on VINYLS you don't know how to beatmatch.

Lakeesha Storman
Originally Posted by Daniboy
The point of learning how to beatmatch is to learn how to do it on CDJs.
There is absolutely no reason for beatmatching inside traktor, its just a huge waste of time and people around will believe you are retarded.
If you learned how to beatmatch on traktor you will be able to beatmatch ON TRAKTOR, but you will not be able to beatmatch on CDJs, which is a much harder task to do.

In my sincere opinion, if you don't know how to beatmatch on a CDJ you don't know how to beatmatch.
Are you serious man? That's the point of learning to beat match? So you can do it on a CDJ? What about vinyl?

There are many reasons to learn how to beat match, knowing how to do it on a CDJ is just an ancillary benefit of learning to beat match period IMO.

Beat matching is beat matching, no matter what you do it on. The only difference between a CDJ/Vinyl and doing it in traktor is the nudging capabilities, and potentially the ability to see the waveform depending on what you're using to beat match. I'd argue that it's even more difficult to do it on vinyl than a CDJ since many CDJs will give you BPM readings, wave forms, etc. But knowing the concepts of beat matching will apply to beat matching on anything. It's just a matter of subtle differences on the platform after that.

And I've never beat matched on a CDJ, and I can't beat match in less than ten seconds like some of the experts. But I'm getting much better on it on vinyl - I certainly know how to do it. I believe you're being a bit closed-minded there man. Just because you use CDJs doesn't mean everyone in the world should.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
Daniboy, I've seen some of your posts on the community and you just don't get it. Don't know what else to say.
Don't know what to say? just relax and...
hqdefault.jpg
Goosefraba...
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
You can learn how to beat match on Traktor. Pitch faders merely increase or decrease the tempo of the playing song. Beat matching is getting the beats of the incoming and the currently playing song matched which can be done in Traktor, no matter what algorithm they use to increase or slow down the tempo.
The point of learning how to beatmatch is to learn how to do it on CDJs.
There is absolutely no reason for beatmatching inside traktor, its just a huge waste of time and people around will believe you are retarded.
If you learned how to beatmatch on traktor you will be able to beatmatch ON TRAKTOR, but you will not be able to beatmatch on CDJs, which is a much harder task to do.

In my sincere opinion, if you don't know how to beatmatch on a CDJ you don't know how to beatmatch.
Isa Erik
You don't need send/return to use RMX-1000, simply plug the mixer's output to it's input and get it's output to the speakers.
You cant learn beatmatching with traktor. You can only have a clue of what you should do. Traktor's pitch faders work based on the bpm traktor analysed or the one you typed there, which is different from the cdj that simply imputs a percentage on the track, even not knowing exacly what is the real bpm.
CDJ-200 is the perfect gear to learn it, cause you cant use rekordbox and it has a lame precision which will make you become a beast on better CDJs.
Daniboy, I've seen some of your posts on the community and you just don't get it. Don't know what else to say.
Ervin Calvery
Monitors!
Shira Narwold
I'd have to agree with DubluW. Monitors are definitely the best choice.
Lillia Datson
I'd get the speakers personally. No point mixing if its coming out of crap speakers!
Can't learn to beatmatch on traktor? Eerm, i did just fine.
Lakeesha Storman
You don't need send/return to use RMX-1000, simply plug the mixer's output to it's input and get it's output to the speakers.
You cant learn beatmatching with traktor. You can only have a clue of what you should do. Traktor's pitch faders work based on the bpm traktor analysed or the one you typed there, which is different from the cdj that simply imputs a percentage on the track, even not knowing exacly what is the real bpm.
CDJ-200 is the perfect gear to learn it, cause you cant use rekordbox and it has a lame precision which will make you become a beast on better CDJs.
You can learn how to beat match on Traktor. Pitch faders merely increase or decrease the tempo of the playing song. Beat matching is getting the beats of the incoming and the currently playing song matched which can be done in Traktor, no matter what algorithm they use to increase or slow down the tempo.
Vikki Falkenrath
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
Speakers.
Like every other controller, SX doesn't have send/return which is necessary to effectively use a external EFX unit like RMX. Not to mention you use a DJ software with plenty of software effects.
SX is pretty much like a CDJ, if you wanna learn to beatmatch just disable the phase meter in traktor settings.
Isa Erik
Speakers.
Like every other controller, SX doesn't have send/return which is necessary to effectively use a external EFX unit like RMX. Not to mention you use a DJ software with plenty of software effects.
SX is pretty much like a CDJ, if you wanna learn to beatmatch just disable the phase meter in traktor settings.
Vikki Falkenrath
RMX-1000 is very fun and very easy to use

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy