David Guetta lives and breathes electronic music
Don´t we all just love him? No. 1 in the ‘DJ Magazines Top 100’ 2011. Winner of a Grammy Award for collaboration with Kelly Rowland on the song “When Love Takes Over” and for remix of “Revolver” by Madonna from 2010. A nominee of two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award from this year. The one and only - David Guetta. A French house music producer, originally a DJ at nightclubs, now one of the most sought-after music producers with hundreds of performance requests per week and collaborations with some of the leading artists including Rihanna, LMFAO, Fergie and Nicki Minaj.
Living an extremely busy life David still found couple of minutes for an interview to Dan Schawbel for the Forbes Magazine.
In this interview he first looked back at his beginning years of DJ, playing in Paris and discovering house music in the first wave at 88, but seeing then DJ Danny Rampling at a club called Shoom in London. He in the center of stage and the crowd going wild like he had never seen before – David named this moment to be crucial for him. Right then and right there he made his mission to dedicate his life and dreams to electronic music. And so he did - the very next day he went to the Black Market, the legendary store for the early DJs, spent every penny he had on records, took them to Paris and started to running parties. In Europe, the scene stayed underground for a next few years, but got really big then. The clubs got bigger, the electronic festivals became as massive as rock festivals and tt was just a revolution. As Guetta sees it - now the same thing is happening in America. Although house music started there, it stayed small for a long time, because it was only in clubs. Also the Internet has played a huge role. New generation is discovering dance music and making the culture their own. David calls it to be the best scene on the planet and the more people who get involved will only make it stronger and create more opportunities for more DJs.
For now David Guetta admits electronic music to be his drug, with what he lives and breathes. Obviously very much on top, he still admits still learning and also looking for the new generation. He is also very happy to have over 30 million followers on Facebook and almost 4 millions on Twitter and for the opportunity to speak directly with his fans. For example about his future projects – launching an electronic label on Beatport with his first release with Nicky Romero.
- 13.06.2017 DON DIABLO REFUSES TO PLAY ANOTHER UMF EVENT
- 06.06.2017 JOSEPH CAPRIATI DELIVERS PROPULSIVE ESSENTIAL MIX
- 06.06.2017 FOUR NEW TRACKS FROM ERIC PRYDZ
- 23.05.2017 SPOTIFY GLOBAL HEAD: STREAMING SERVICES ARENâT PAYING ARTISTS ENOUGH
- 16.05.2017 Andrew Weatherall remixes Yello's 'Frautonium'
- 16.05.2017 MARCEL DETTMANN PREPARE âSELECTORSâ COMPILATION FOR DEKMANTEL
- 09.05.2017 BESTIVAL AND 25 UK MUSIC FESTIVAL WEBSITES AGAINST SEXUAL ASSAULT
- 02.05.2017 VIN DIESEL WANTS TO BECOME AN EDM STAR
- 25.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX AND TROYE SIVAN PERFORM NEW TRACK 'THERE FOR YOU' AT COACHELLA WEEKEND 2
- 25.04.2017 SKRILLEX AND KENDRICK LAMAR WILL COLLABORATE ON TRACK FOR UPCOMING JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE
- 18.04.2017 MARTIN GARRIX BRINGS OUT brand-new tune during his Coachella set
- 18.04.2017 DAVID GUETTA SIGNS WITH SCOOTER BRAUNâS MANAGEMENT
- 11.04.2017 CLOUDBOUNCE LAUNCH THE WORLDâS MOST ADVANCED ONLINE MASTERING SERVICE
- 11.04.2017 DJ gets eight years for selling ecstasy and cocaine
- 04.04.2017 RECORDING DESK FROM ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS SELLS FOR $1.8 MILLION
- 04.04.2017 Historic milestone for Danish DJs
- 28.03.2017 DISCOGS REVEALS LIST OF TOP 25 BEST-SELLING TECHNO RECORDS
- 28.03.2017 THE CHAINSMOKERS DROP NEW TRACK 'THE ONE'
- 28.03.2017 Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal in Capitol Records Vs Vimeo Copyright Dispute
- 21.03.2017 Daft Punk's revelead the sources for many of the pair's most famous releases.
Back to news