A Sit Down With DJ Morgan Page
He was born Morgan Wolf Page in Burlington, Vermont. Morgan got his start early by interning while in grade school at German record label Plastic City. While attending Champlain Valley Union High School Morgan became a DJ on the University of Vermonts college radio station Wruv 90.1FM. Morgan attended Emerson College in Boston, MA.
Versatility remains the key to longevity. Any artist must be able to deliver regardless of the setting, whether its in the studio or on stage. For producer Morgan Page, it doesnt matter where he is. His number one concern is sharing quality music.
"I think the hardest part is that I think every song is going to be amazing and be a hit record. Sometimes that is not the case, and other times some songs have done better than I thought it would."
When did you first start DJing?
I first started DJing on college radio at the University of Vermont, while in high school. They didnt require you to be a student, so I started filling in for DJs that werent showing up for their slots.
Who or what is the most musically influenced to you? If so, why is that?
My biggest influence is probably a mix of various singer-songwriters, and Daft Punk. I like fusing together two different sounds that can complement each other well.
How did you get into being a DJ, being from an area famous for producing maple syrup and the band Phish?
The University of Vermont had a local DJ show, If I hadnt heard that on the radio I wouldnt be playing. We actually have a maple tree and a small ski lodge.
Do you do a lot of producing when youre touring, or do you tend to really work in the studio?
Pretty much I save it for when Im back with big speakers back in the studio. I do get to do some stuff on the road, but more like edits and mash-ups and the radio show.
With over a decade of performances, whats been your favorite or most memorable performance so far?
Playing Coachella was a big highlight also EDC and Burning Man. Ill never forget those shows. I really like festivals that have unique locations and arent just a parking lot outside a stadium.
Tell us about Dont Give Up. What is the message that youre putting across?
A big part of the song is about having the faith to keep pushing in a relationship and overcome those everyday obstacles you encounter. Every good relationship has its share of conflict and resolution.
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Havana Brown
- 15.06.2018 30 Seconds to Mars guitarist Tomo Milicevic quits band
- 10.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ben Nicky
- 11.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Wally Lopez
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Martin Solveig
- 05.07.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Funtcase
- 20.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Claudia Cazacu
- 06.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Felix Cartal
- 15.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Ftampa
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Cosmic Gate
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
- 05.06.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Filo and Peri
- 29.05.2018 A Sit Down Wit DJ Christian Smith
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Marcus Schossow
- 28.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Soulwax
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Lindsey Stirling
- 23.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sophie Sugar
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Sub Focus
- 21.05.2018 A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
Back to news