A Sit Down With DJ Morgan Page
He was born Morgan Wolf Page in Burlington, Vermont. Morgan got his start early by interning while in grade school at German record label Plastic City. While attending Champlain Valley Union High School Morgan became a DJ on the University of Vermonts college radio station Wruv 90.1FM. Morgan attended Emerson College in Boston, MA.
Versatility remains the key to longevity. Any artist must be able to deliver regardless of the setting, whether its in the studio or on stage. For producer Morgan Page, it doesnt matter where he is. His number one concern is sharing quality music.
"I think the hardest part is that I think every song is going to be amazing and be a hit record. Sometimes that is not the case, and other times some songs have done better than I thought it would."
When did you first start DJing?
I first started DJing on college radio at the University of Vermont, while in high school. They didnt require you to be a student, so I started filling in for DJs that werent showing up for their slots.
Who or what is the most musically influenced to you? If so, why is that?
My biggest influence is probably a mix of various singer-songwriters, and Daft Punk. I like fusing together two different sounds that can complement each other well.
How did you get into being a DJ, being from an area famous for producing maple syrup and the band Phish?
The University of Vermont had a local DJ show, If I hadnt heard that on the radio I wouldnt be playing. We actually have a maple tree and a small ski lodge.
Do you do a lot of producing when youre touring, or do you tend to really work in the studio?
Pretty much I save it for when Im back with big speakers back in the studio. I do get to do some stuff on the road, but more like edits and mash-ups and the radio show.
With over a decade of performances, whats been your favorite or most memorable performance so far?
Playing Coachella was a big highlight also EDC and Burning Man. Ill never forget those shows. I really like festivals that have unique locations and arent just a parking lot outside a stadium.
Tell us about Dont Give Up. What is the message that youre putting across?
A big part of the song is about having the faith to keep pushing in a relationship and overcome those everyday obstacles you encounter. Every good relationship has its share of conflict and resolution.
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- 14.12.2018 The Only Good Thing On The Internet Is Britney Spears Instagram
- 14.12.2018 Lana Del Rey Is Apparently Venturing Into Country Music Now
- 14.12.2018 Ariana Grande Reveals The Heartfelt Letter She Wrote To Manchester Victims
- 11.12.2018 Azealia Banks Calls Out Lana Del Rey For Criticizing Kanye
- 11.12.2018 Actually, Its Cool If Céline Dion Is A Satanist
- 11.12.2018 Miley Cyrus Is On The Run From The Police In New Video
- 11.12.2018 Apparently, Rita Ora And Andrew Garfield Are Dating
- 30.11.2018 Katy Perry is Forbes' highest-paid woman in music for 2018
- 11.12.2018 Taylor Swift hops to Universal Music Group
- 11.12.2018 Steve Aoki shares all Asian-American cast video for BTS collaboration Waste It On Me
- 30.11.2018 The Chemical Brothers announce new album No Geography and UK arena tour
- 11.12.2018 Sky Ferreira Reveals When New Music Is Coming
- 11.12.2018 Lion Babe Takes A New Approach To A Holiday Classic
- 11.12.2018 Zayn And Nicki Minaj Teamed Up For A New Song
- 30.11.2018 John Mayer Decided To Get Sober After Drakes 30th Birthday Party
- 19.11.2018 Miley Cyrus 'Devastated' After Losing Home to California Wildfires
- 19.11.2018 G-Eazy Was Spotted on a PDA-Heavy Date with Someone Who's Definitely Not Halsey
- 19.11.2018 Justin Bieber Is Tired of People's "Demands" During His "Season of Self-Discovery"
- 30.11.2018 Zayn Malik Just Confirmed That Taylor Swift Really Does Travel IN Suitcases
Back to news