Looking to buy a midi keyboard...

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Looking to buy a midi keyboard...Reply
Looking to buy a midi keyboard...
Posted on: 13.03.2013 by Brande Grzywa
Looking to buy a midi keyboard in the 100-250$ price range. Any recommendations?

I don't want to buy one and have to upgrade soon. Looking for something substantial & at a good price point. & newer.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Unfortunately Launchkey isn't out yet.
That's my bad. I sometimes get to try stuff ahead of time, and lose track of release dates (or don't know!)- never NDAs, though!
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by botstein
Novation launchkey or impulse are avaible in that price range. They have great integration with Live.
Brande Grzywa
Looking to buy a midi keyboard in the 100-250$ price range. Any recommendations?

I don't want to buy one and have to upgrade soon. Looking for something substantial & at a good price point. & newer.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
That's my bad. I sometimes get to try stuff ahead of time, and lose track of release dates (or don't know!)- never NDAs, though!
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by botstein
Novation launchkey or impulse are avaible in that price range. They have great integration with Live.
Ervin Calvery
+1 for Novation SL
Rebbecca Fennell
My novation remote sl has held up well over six years of use and upgrades. I bet you can find a mk1 for cheap. I prefer the mk1 over the newer ones
Ervin Calvery
Iluminada Gallelli
I had the Akai mpk25($250). Great keyboard, but felt too small for home studio use. Took it back the next day, and got the 49 key version (mpk49) for $40 more. Love it.
Random X
Just do Ableton and regular Axiom. There are pretty much decent sounds, in the form of VSTs, available for free.

Just take a look at this article:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/...d-today-544553
Brande Grzywa
& just something for home. I don't have anything yet & just got ableton 9.
Brande Grzywa
This is coming out soon: Novation Launchkey...thought?...i don't have an iPad...

http://blog.turntablelab.com/the-voi...ab+ECE+Blog%29
Random X
How are you planning on using it, just in your home or on the road as well?

What would the added possibility of connecting it to an ipad/tablet add for your way of producing?

For me it would bottle down to the three you mentioned, but the Axiom 25 would win it, no- brainer.
Brande Grzywa
Axiom AIR Mini 32 = How is this? Read that the software isn't downloadable...did they fix that?
Brande Grzywa
or the novation nocturn 25?

Can i narrow it down to those 3? anything im missing?
Brande Grzywa
m-audio axiom25 or the akai mpk25?
Random X
There has been a topic on that one just last week.

Selection comes down to the following, do you want light, semi weighed or full weighed keys. (plastic key, keys that are close to piano touch, keys that have piano touch)
Next to this, look if you want a full key range (61?!, 49 or 25 keys)?
Also do you want additional functionality , such as faders, touchpads, rotary encoders to boot as well?

If all is yes and you're okay with 'just' 25 keys, close to two octaves, and want semi-weighed keys you should go for M-Audio Axiom25 if you want my opinion.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy