My New Track - "Yes, I Want the Cherry" by EDGEK8D

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: My New Track - "Yes, I Want the Cherry" by EDGEK8DReply
My New Track - "Yes, I Want the Cherry" by EDGEK8D
Posted on: 05.04.2013 by Eric Chairez
DJTToolers:

Please have a listen to my new song. I hope you can't tell that it is the first piece of music I've ever made.

https://soundcloud.com/edgek8d

Comments, criticisms? If you have just a moment for a few words, I'd really like to get better. Thank you.

Cheers!
Eric Chairez
DJTToolers:

Please have a listen to my new song. I hope you can't tell that it is the first piece of music I've ever made.

https://soundcloud.com/edgek8d

Comments, criticisms? If you have just a moment for a few words, I'd really like to get better. Thank you.

Cheers!
Eric Chairez
Ah hah! I opened the piano roll on my synth, and all my notes were about a 16th ahead of where they should've been. I must've select-all nudged it or something. Good ears! Ty.
Eric Chairez
Thanks for your reply. I agree that a couple of notes in the melody seem out of place. Its sounds great, by itself. I'll go back and listen to that last riser. Good learning experience. Ty.
Sandie Kristufek
Hi.

In the main I believe it's a good start for your first track. Definitely lots of positives. I like your drum and percussion lines - kicks are punchy and the snares are sharp.

Not sure that some of it's in time though. That riser with the shaker on the end sounds off and the synth line doesn't seem to gell with the bass line. Might just need a bit of tweaking on those elements but otherwise not a bad track.

I don't have a huge amount of experience with production...still going through my own learning process. So how much weight you add to this feedback is up to you!

Keep going though!!
Eric Chairez
Anyone? Am I wasting my time?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy