Need some directing!

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Need some directing!Reply
Need some directing!
Posted on: 11.04.2013 by Lillia Datson
Hi guys.

i've only recently taken the first few steps into production, as well as Solidifying my DJ'ing over the past couple of years.

I need some direction into the making of sounds i want to produce. Currently i have a Maschine mk2 with an Akai LPK25 for basic arranging etc (as far my skills are taking me at the moment!)

I like deep, groovey and somewhat bassy house with a smattering of tech here and there, and whilst im messing around with Massive at the moment, i cant quite find the sounds id like.

I need some recommendations/push in the right direction for software/packs etc that will enable me to produce some softer stuff that lends itself to the type of music i want to make. Thought id ask here first before charging off and buying the wrong stuff!
Zulma Ramji
Originally Posted by DubluW
Hi guys.

i've only recently taken the first few steps into production, as well as Solidifying my DJ'ing over the past couple of years.

I need some direction into the making of sounds i want to produce. Currently i have a Maschine mk2 with an Akai LPK25 for basic arranging etc (as far my skills are taking me at the moment!)

I like deep, groovey and somewhat bassy house with a smattering of tech here and there, and whilst im messing around with Massive at the moment, i cant quite find the sounds id like.

I need some recommendations/push in the right direction for software/packs etc that will enable me to produce some softer stuff that lends itself to the type of music i want to make. Thought id ask here first before charging off and buying the wrong stuff!
watch some tutorials on Massive. Maybe search for 'producing pads Massive ableton' or something like this. You can make some amazing stuff with it beyond what everyone believes of it -dubstep and electro. I've been able to produce some good pads and bass that work well for tech house etc.
Lillia Datson
Hi guys.

Lillia Datson
Those beatport packs were just the ticket! Got a couple of the deep/tech ones and its full of stuff that was in my head.

And massive continues to amaze me. I wasn't using the right terminology for what i was looking for in youtube, so thanks for the help.
Laurinda Benya
You have all that you need to make great music. Spend some time learning Massive until you know it inside and out. Here's a video to get you started. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qxbMLcY0q8
Zulma Ramji
Originally Posted by DubluW
Hi guys.

watch some tutorials on Massive. Maybe search for 'producing pads Massive ableton' or something like this. You can make some amazing stuff with it beyond what everyone believes of it -dubstep and electro. I've been able to produce some good pads and bass that work well for tech house etc.
Sydney Lashway
Second what ThinAir mentioned. The Beatport sound packs are pretty cool. They are sorted by genre and have the perk of being able to hear it first. They are pretty reasonably priced as well.

Peep the DubSpot YT videos about sound design and what not. Plus the maschine masters videos.

Hopefully that helps.
Ngoc Ninow
Im not massively into production at the minute, but randomly have a copy of ableton and I am very slowly getting to grips with it. Have you looked at the sound packs on Beatport?

It allows you to listen to the sounds before you buy the pack, so might be a good jumping off point, unfortunately I cant give you any reveiew, having only listened and not bought any. Some of the sonicacademy stuff looks quite good as well....

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy