The Mastering Process & Prep

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: The Mastering Process & PrepReply
The Mastering Process & Prep
Posted on: 12.04.2013 by Abbey Schwalbe
Hey you guys I have a few tracks that I've recently completed and I've been digging to see how producers master their tracks without having to send them off to be done by someone else. If there's one thing I've learned it's that everyone masters their tracks in a different way.

Figured I would throw this thread up here for anyone that can share the steps (basic or advanced) you take when prepping for the master and the process when you master your tracks. (or if there's another thread elsewhere to redirect me!)

I'm not stubborn and I would be more than willing to send my tracks off to someone to be done professionally, but it's something we all need to know.

I run Live 8, it's bass music, zoooom!

Much Love
Abbey Schwalbe
Hey you guys I have a few tracks that I've recently completed and I've been digging to see how producers master their tracks without having to send them off to be done by someone else. If there's one thing I've learned it's that everyone masters their tracks in a different way.

Figured I would throw this thread up here for anyone that can share the steps (basic or advanced) you take when prepping for the master and the process when you master your tracks. (or if there's another thread elsewhere to redirect me!)

I'm not stubborn and I would be more than willing to send my tracks off to someone to be done professionally, but it's something we all need to know.

I run Live 8, it's bass music, zoooom!

Much Love
Darcy Dittus
My mastering process is pretty simple:
1. Maximus (all-in-one plugin with m/band compressor, saturation, stereo imaging, and other features).
2. Another compressor with light settings if needed.
3. Final EQ if needed.
4. Final stereo imaging if needed.
5. Final Limiter which is just making sure nothing goes over 0db.

I may put the compressor/s after the EQ as well.

In my opinion it really doesn't need to be anything special if you mixed it well.
Abbey Schwalbe
Huge help, lots of insight. Thank you!
Monserrate Rupnow
Maybe this helps:

http://tarekith.com/assets/pdfs/Mastering.pdf

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy