Purchasing a MIDI Keyboard...?!

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Purchasing a MIDI Keyboard...?!Reply
Purchasing a MIDI Keyboard...?!
Posted on: 31.03.2013 by Shonna Trantow
Hey, I have been learning the ins and outs of FL studio. I'm looking forward to spending about 200-450 on a midi-keyboard. The Akai Mpk49 is a option that i have been hearing, but i heard mapping the nobs and faders to Fl is a pain. However, I might just end up getting it this week.

Any recommendations of other midis I should look at?
Johnsie Kingrea
Originally Posted by Zolo
i heard the novation impulse was good too?
Hey man just wanted to let you know I have a Novation 49SL MK2 for sale in the buy/sell section. I've been trying to sell it for a while now but haven't come across anyone on the community looking for a keyboard. If you're interested at all I can answer any questions you might have.
Shonna Trantow
Hey, I have been learning the ins and outs of FL studio. I'm looking forward to spending about 200-450 on a midi-keyboard. The Akai Mpk49 is a option that i have been hearing, but i heard mapping the nobs and faders to Fl is a pain. However, I might just end up getting it this week.

Any recommendations of other midis I should look at?
Emelina Paglia
I just finished answering this same question in another thread lol

I have a M-Audio Keystation Mini 32. Yup! It doesn't have much features, but it does everything I want it to. But everyone needs different things, more features or different features. So figure out what you really want and will use and need. All the gear everyone named so far is good stuff, but for me 49 keys are useless because I don't play big melodic piano rolls. For you on the other hand, you might want that.
Johnsie Kingrea
Originally Posted by Zolo
Hey man just wanted to let you know I have a Novation 49SL MK2 for sale in the buy/sell section. I've been trying to sell it for a while now but haven't come across anyone on the community looking for a keyboard. If you're interested at all I can answer any questions you might have.
Tomeka Sageman
Automapping on the Novation
Sunni Bortnem
yeah the impulse is really good, Swedish house mafia actually wrote 'one' on a impulse, im sure you can pick up a impulse for cheaper then a MPK too
Shonna Trantow
Sunni Bortnem
My first midi was the MPK 49 and its a excellent keyboard!
So here's my thoughts on it - The knobs and faders are a bit of a evening mare to map up but ive found for the most part I really didnt/dont use them, so they aren't really essential. The semi weighted keys are great and it actually feels nice to play on it. The only thing I was quite let down about was the pads at the top of the midi, I expected them to be of the same sort of grade as the MPC drum machines and they werent, by any stretch of the imagination! you have to literally punch them to get some noise out of them (which isnt great considering theyre meant to be velocity sensitive! haha)

On my music production course they had a Alesis QX61 in their studio and its great! Im not sure if size is an issue with the midi your looking for but the Alesis has 61 keys, as the name obviously suggests! I often founf myself scrolling up and down the octaves on the MPK49 which isnt great when your trying to play your parts in, in time to what your producing..

Anyway, thats just my thoughts, hope it helped a little

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy