Some tips to make bassline

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Some tips to make basslineReply
Some tips to make bassline
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Digna Sweig
Hi all I want to get some tips of you to make bassline like in this track.What instruments effects and other I need to make bassline like in this trac https://soundcloud.com/olderic/olderic-slot-shot-original-mix
Augustina Zulu
Originally Posted by johney
i'd say a lowpassed saw, maybe sidechained to kicks not sure
def sidechain on this one. That's the pumping sound. Other than that, it sounds like a pretty basic low pass filtered bass patch. It's possible they are LFO modulating the volume but I believe the sidechain is doing it.
Nikole Resende
Originally Posted by Unique Freak
Sounds like some sort of waveform with a slow attack and lfo modulating it.
^^

"some sort of waveform" is true for literally 100% of all basslines or even sounds...

But I believe I know what you mean.

I'd also guess it's a rather simple waveform, maybe a low passed saw or maybe even just a sine wave with some saturation.
The slow attack is also correct, the only thing I disagree with is the LFO. I don't hear too much of movement in the sound itself, so I'd say it's a simple loop of three notes played chromatically.
Digna Sweig
Hi all I want to get some tips of you to make bassline like in this track.What instruments effects and other I need to make bassline like in this trac https://soundcloud.com/olderic/olderic-slot-shot-original-mix
Tobias Merrills
Id say thats a sub bass or any bass having the pitch modulated by slower attack envelope. Im sure there is sidechaining too. Very interesting sound cause it rises and falls right after.Learn a little about synthesis that will help TONS.
Augustina Zulu
Originally Posted by johney
def sidechain on this one. That's the pumping sound. Other than that, it sounds like a pretty basic low pass filtered bass patch. It's possible they are LFO modulating the volume but I believe the sidechain is doing it.
Augustine Mitzen
Nikole Resende
Originally Posted by Unique Freak
^^

"some sort of waveform" is true for literally 100% of all basslines or even sounds...

But I believe I know what you mean.

I'd also guess it's a rather simple waveform, maybe a low passed saw or maybe even just a sine wave with some saturation.
The slow attack is also correct, the only thing I disagree with is the LFO. I don't hear too much of movement in the sound itself, so I'd say it's a simple loop of three notes played chromatically.
Laurinda Benya

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy