First Track - Drum n Bass :)

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: First Track - Drum n Bass :)Reply
First Track - Drum n Bass :)
Posted on: 11.05.2013 by Monique Lovekamp
I made the choice to finally try making my own music after being a dj for a year.

It's fun but hard. After a three days of yelling at ableton and learing what I could off youtube I did it. The main thing I learned was cpu management lol

https://soundcloud.com/dj_modz/modz-the-start

It's a working process but I'm just happy I stuck with it.

I would love suggestions and advice
Monique Lovekamp
Originally Posted by PjAndreasson
Exactly, sweeps, downsweeps, impacts, white noise etc. There is sample packs which have all those, search for "vengeance fx pack" and you will find a good quality fx sample pack.
thanx man I'll check that put
Monique Lovekamp
Nice track! Maybe add some more fx uplifters & maybe downlifters to make every transition smooth.

/PJ
lol what exactly are those? like sweeps and stuff like that?
Monique Lovekamp
I made the choice to finally try making my own music after being a dj for a year.

It's fun but hard. After a three days of yelling at ableton and learing what I could off youtube I did it. The main thing I learned was cpu management lol

https://soundcloud.com/dj_modz/modz-the-start

It's a working process but I'm just happy I stuck with it.

I would love suggestions and advice
Monique Lovekamp
Hey guys im back with a new track im working on. All the mistakes I made with my first track I tried to improve.

Im going for direction, and less is more

I believe my track is a roller, just going on and on with a dark groove

Also I added a sub line this time.

Any thoughts ?

https://soundcloud.com/dj_modz/modz-sound-wave
Monique Lovekamp
Thnx Johney . Yeah I sidechained. Should it not or just adjust it so it wont be too crazy?

Yeah about that sub, when I try to add it my song sounded super weird. I probably did it wrong lol.
Augustine Mitzen
the bassline is weird how it's coming up and down, did you sidechain it or something? the volume difference is just too abrassive.

also, the track has like zero bassweight, it could use some sub, and i don't personally like the high end percussion, but it's pretty solid for a first track

edit: and try to make your own fx, do you want to sound like thousands of other people? risers are pretty easy to make per se, white noise with an automated bandpass filter and bam, you have a simple riser
Monique Lovekamp
Exactly, sweeps, downsweeps, impacts, white noise etc. There is sample packs which have all those, search for "vengeance fx pack" and you will find a good quality fx sample pack.
thanx man I'll check that put
Rodolfo Oriol
Monique Lovekamp
Nice track! Maybe add some more fx uplifters & maybe downlifters to make every transition smooth.

/PJ
lol what exactly are those? like sweeps and stuff like that?
Rodolfo Oriol

/PJ
Zana Chevallier
Hey man I like your track. I remembered you from youtube. What daw are you using? Would you be interested in collaborating?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy