Laptop decision.

Laptop decision.
Posted on: 15.05.2013 by Catrice Halwood
Hey guys, this is not a thread to begin a Mac vs CPU war. I just want you to recommend me a good laptop for a relatively low price, however i have no idea which one to buy.

I was believeing about something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPa...ptop+windows+7

Good enough? I don't really know, i would like to hear your opinion.
Catrice Halwood
Originally Posted by chrisastro
Yes. Go out to your local store like a best buy and look around to see what they have for around $300. Also, you can go online to online stores and check out what in the price range you're looking for and then look up You tube videos. Get into it. Ultimately I hope this helps as looking up/ researching a product before I make a purchase has helped me make most purchases which I usually am very satisfied with.

Side note: Look for specs, cosmetic features, durability, battery life and also the customer service you'll have to deal with if you go with a particular brand. Those are the aspects I would be paying most attention to if I were you.
Alright, i've been looking and found a good Acer laptop with some good specs.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3.../dp/B009A8L0HU

Not a $300, but i like the specs.

Not sure how good are the Acer tho, i read a few reviews about this one in particular and it seems good enough.
Brunilda Gamez
Originally Posted by Leinad
Oh i see... Any Samsung/Toshiba you would recommend?
Yes. Go out to your local store like a best buy and look around to see what they have for around $300. Also, you can go online to online stores and check out what in the price range you're looking for and then look up You tube videos. Get into it. Ultimately I hope this helps as looking up/ researching a product before I make a purchase has helped me make most purchases which I usually am very satisfied with.

Side note: Look for specs, cosmetic features, durability, battery life and also the customer service you'll have to deal with if you go with a particular brand. Those are the aspects I would be paying most attention to if I were you.
Catrice Halwood
I use the believe pad at school for virtual school (yes, it's only one period and it sucks) and personally I dislike it. The mouse pad on it sucks and is very inconvenient. If you want it go ahead but either save up or go for a laptop at around 300. Maybe a Samsung or Toshiba?

Dorie Scelzo
I use the believe pad at school for virtual school (yes, it's only one period and it sucks) and personally I dislike it. The mouse pad on it sucks and is very inconvenient. If you want it go ahead but either save up or go for a laptop at around 300. Maybe a Samsung or Toshiba?
That is a good point.

Most of the believepad users I know (and all of the serious fans) use the donkey dick (clitmouse, nubbin, nipple mouse, "trackpoint") in the middle of the keyboard. My trackpad has been disabled in bios since I got it, so if you actually like trackpads, it might be worth looking elsewhere.
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by Tarekith
The cheapest MacBook you can buy on the Apple refurb store would be my vote.
+1 to refurbished
Catrice Halwood
Hey guys, this is not a thread to begin a Mac vs CPU war. I just want you to recommend me a good laptop for a relatively low price, however i have no idea which one to buy.

I was believeing about something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPa...ptop+windows+7

Good enough? I don't really know, i would like to hear your opinion.
Erica Charvet
Since you're just planning on using this laptop as a stepping stone, don't bother with a $500 consumer laptop that will be worth $200 in a year.

Look around for a used Lenovo T61. They were top of the line business machines about five years ago and can be had for $200-300. Very fast, reliable laptops with great screens. And in a year you can sell it for $50 less than you paid for it.
Catrice Halwood

Alright, i've been looking and found a good Acer laptop with some good specs.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3.../dp/B009A8L0HU

Not a $300, but i like the specs.

Not sure how good are the Acer tho, i read a few reviews about this one in particular and it seems good enough.
Brunilda Gamez
Originally Posted by Leinad

Catrice Halwood

Dorie Scelzo
That is a good point.

Most of the believepad users I know (and all of the serious fans) use the donkey dick (clitmouse, nubbin, nipple mouse, "trackpoint") in the middle of the keyboard. My trackpad has been disabled in bios since I got it, so if you actually like trackpads, it might be worth looking elsewhere.
Brunilda Gamez
Dorie Scelzo
Personally, if I had to use windows, I'd prefer win 8.

That being said, I haven't seriously used windows since 2004 and probably never will. But when I have to interact with it, I prefer 8 to 7 for UI/UX concerns.
Vi Melroy
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=61819
Catrice Halwood
Alright thanks! I believe i will go for the one i posted!

Also, does Windows 8 affect at all? Like, is it better to have Windows 7?
Vi Melroy
Asus is a good dealer you should watch their products.
Dorie Scelzo
I like my Thinkpad a lot. But I have no idea how well it works for production. I own it because the rest of my life pretty much dictates that I run Linux and I got sick of VMs and dual-booting headaches...and literally everything on the x230 works under Linux, including cellular data.

The only negative so far is that it took Lenovo like 3 months to get it to me. Like...I ordered it in January and it arrived in April. I'm not too happy with Lenovo as a business, and I'm terrified of what will happen if I have to send it in for repair. But they do make good computers.

They've had their issues, so research that model. But Lenovos tend to be well-built. Before I went Mac, I always used Thinkpads. Now that I own both, it's Apple, Thinkpad, and home-built all the way.
Catrice Halwood
Well right now i'm not trying to spend too much on a laptop until i learn the basics and can really afford a MacBook Pro. Of course i'm looking forward to buy one in the future tho.

Right now i would like a good Windows laptop. Is Lenovo a good brand? Or is there a better brand?
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by Tarekith
+1 to refurbished
Monserrate Rupnow
Dylan Kockler
That laptop is plenty good enough

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy