Anybody got tips on getting started with producing tracks??

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Anybody got tips on getting started with producing tracks??Reply
Anybody got tips on getting started with producing tracks??
Posted on: 25.05.2013 by Kandis Ludwigson
I've been making my own personal mixes and sharing them with friends for a while now. I want to take a step forward and start producing my own tracks.

The only issue is I don't really know where to start (as i'm sure plenty of people can relate to). Any suggestions?
Kandis Ludwigson
I've been making my own personal mixes and sharing them with friends for a while now. I want to take a step forward and start producing my own tracks.

The only issue is I don't really know where to start (as i'm sure plenty of people can relate to). Any suggestions?
Lyndsey Blaufuss
I second that suggestion. Rick Snoman's book is a great place to start!
Bernard Pulizzi
I could not recommend the "Dance Music Manual: Tools, Toys, and Techniques" by Rick Snoman.

This is a book dedicated to the basics of audio, synthesis, production and many genres.. this has helped me a great deal, and is the PERFECT way to start learning music production, it has everything you need to know to get started and explains most of the terminology and what different settings of synthesizers and DAWs will change

definitely worth a purchase!
Kandis Ludwigson
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have to start by finding a good DAW that works for me. Ill try a few out and hopefully all goes well
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Im gonna cou9nter Andreasson. While Im not a huge fan of reason. Many are, and I believe its a great all in one starter solution for a new producer. Allows you to work with modulatioin, routing, synthesis, and comes with everything you need out of the box. Allow yourself to get a good grasp before you move onto some more technical tools. (I only call them more technical because things like Operator built into Albeton, arent as straight forward with getting the sound you want like say Thor in reason etc.)
Rodolfo Oriol
I believe by now you already know a bit of DAW's (digital audio workshop: etc ableton, fl studio, logic). Start watching some youtube videos and download a demo of the DAW you choose and start playing. I'm using Ableton and it's a very friendly DAW after you've watched a couple of youtube videos.

My suggestion is Ableton because it has wide offerings. There is lots of youtube videos and there plenty of effects that includes.
They also have a different prices on their music program, intro, standard and suite.

So what I suggest you is too look for different music programs (FL Studio, Ableton 9, Logic, Reason) and try them and watch some tutorials. This will get you busy !

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy