How do I make this sound?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: How do I make this sound?Reply
How do I make this sound?
Posted on: 23.03.2013 by Florida Does
Does anyone know how to make the pitch rise in Atom?

It starts in the background at 1:04 and continues until the drop at 1:22.

I've also heard it in several other songs (which I conveniently can't remember now), so I know there's gotta be some method I just don't know about

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
Florida Does
Originally Posted by aeor
sounds like a super saw (saw wave, with 4 or more voices and all slightly detuned from 0.03 to 0.13 in pitch - in case you don't know how to make one)

make the voices spread on the stereo field, automate the pitch up by an octave or two during the buildup and also add reverb with good presence in the midrange frequencies and long decay, automate that reverb so it is wetter during buildup as well - you can also add a phaser for more epicness

hope that helps
aeor, I literally just saw this months later but thanks for the tip! I'll try and make that and see what happens.

Alex
Florida Does
Originally Posted by antifmradio
which to synths?
aj. there are 10s or thousands of synth tools available
pick one and try it.

If you are looking into the attempt of music production, it is NOT just add water
Yeah that was badly worded it wasn't the most intellectual sounding question I've ever asked lol.

Originally Posted by grazz16
This.
I have no idea which 2 synths he's using, but it sounds like 2 of them layered with a rising pitch bend. Mess around with some sounds and see what you come up with.
Will do!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Alex
Berta Baie
which to synths?
pick one and try it.
This.
I have no idea which 2 synths he's using, but it sounds like 2 of them layered with a rising pitch bend. Mess around with some sounds and see what you come up with.
Florida Does
Its basically just 2 synth pitch bends with some increasing reverb on it. Pretty easy to do as most synths have a pitch bend function on them.
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but which 2 synths? I know they must not be too hard to make as many producers use them, but I honestly have no idea how to get them (once again sorry if I sound like an idiot).

what i want to know is why are you using a picture of my ass on your video?
Sorry
Florida Does
Does anyone know how to make the pitch rise in Atom?

It starts in the background at 1:04 and continues until the drop at 1:22.

I've also heard it in several other songs (which I conveniently can't remember now), so I know there's gotta be some method I just don't know about

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
Florida Does
Originally Posted by aeor
sounds like a super saw (saw wave, with 4 or more voices and all slightly detuned from 0.03 to 0.13 in pitch - in case you don't know how to make one)

make the voices spread on the stereo field, automate the pitch up by an octave or two during the buildup and also add reverb with good presence in the midrange frequencies and long decay, automate that reverb so it is wetter during buildup as well - you can also add a phaser for more epicness

hope that helps
aeor, I literally just saw this months later but thanks for the tip! I'll try and make that and see what happens.

Alex
Rodolfo Pouchie

hope that helps
Florida Does
which to synths?
pick one and try it.

If you are looking into the attempt of music production, it is NOT just add water
Yeah that was badly worded it wasn't the most intellectual sounding question I've ever asked lol.

This.
Will do!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Alex
Berta Baie
which to synths?
pick one and try it.
This.
Libbie Orion
which to synths?
pick one and try it.

Florida Does
Its basically just 2 synth pitch bends with some increasing reverb on it. Pretty easy to do as most synths have a pitch bend function on them.
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but which 2 synths? I know they must not be too hard to make as many producers use them, but I honestly have no idea how to get them (once again sorry if I sound like an idiot).

Sorry
Libbie Orion
Berta Baie

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy