Reliable cross-OS working help

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Reliable cross-OS working helpReply
Reliable cross-OS working help
Posted on: 18.07.2013 by Olene Minyard
Having had a look at Logic X, it definitely looks intriguing. Some of the features look very nifty, especially surrounding the appregiators etc.

I currently use Cubase 7, Ableton 9 and Reason 7 on a Windows system. However, I am familiar with installing official OSX onto non-Apple hardware and have previously done this.

In the past I had issues with the two OS's corrupting some data for each other etc.

I am planning to have everything hooked up to the same computer, with that having multiple hard drives in, running Windows 7 64 bit for my Windows software and then having latest OSX on a separate hard drive for running Logic on. It is the only reason I will use the OSX side of the cross-OS system.

As a result, my external sample drive will need to be shared between both OS's ideally (but can buy a separate external drive and duplicate in Mac format if less issues will be caused that way).

Anyone got any tips or advice on running this kind of system and sharing a sample external drive without corrupting data? Or is it safer to buy an additional external drive to dedicate to the OSX side of the system?
Olene Minyard
Having had a look at Logic X, it definitely looks intriguing. Some of the features look very nifty, especially surrounding the appregiators etc.

I currently use Cubase 7, Ableton 9 and Reason 7 on a Windows system. However, I am familiar with installing official OSX onto non-Apple hardware and have previously done this.

In the past I had issues with the two OS's corrupting some data for each other etc.

I am planning to have everything hooked up to the same computer, with that having multiple hard drives in, running Windows 7 64 bit for my Windows software and then having latest OSX on a separate hard drive for running Logic on. It is the only reason I will use the OSX side of the cross-OS system.

As a result, my external sample drive will need to be shared between both OS's ideally (but can buy a separate external drive and duplicate in Mac format if less issues will be caused that way).

Anyone got any tips or advice on running this kind of system and sharing a sample external drive without corrupting data? Or is it safer to buy an additional external drive to dedicate to the OSX side of the system?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy