Getting stuck in arrangement.

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Getting stuck in arrangement.Reply
Getting stuck in arrangement.
Posted on: 05.07.2013 by Devora Chait
I find I have great loops, the sounds are done, I have an idea of the song, but when I start to lay down the structure I tend to get stuck. Certain parts get overcrowded so I change it up which then conflicts with the next part of the song and vice versa. Anyone got some advice on this? Should I start EQ-ing it first to see if I can mold it together?
Jonathan Bialeschki
Originally Posted by zaplin
what actually helped me ALOT is, i took a track that i like , listened it very carefully inside ableton at the arrangment view, and got notes at the timeline when changes happened. now i use it as a default template and use it as a guide.
now i create my loops and just arrange it like the guidelines

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 7.21.45 PM.jpg
Another good idea is to try the following.

1. Load your source track you want to copy.
2. Listen for each sound in the track, everything from Kick, snare, synth pads, etc.
3. Create a track for each sound you hear.
4. In each track create a fake midi file and apply it where necessary. Example would be a synthpad that comes in at 1 min on the timeline. You would apply that at the same timeline at 1 min.
5. Don't be afraid to create volume fades or little automations you might hear in the sound of a track.

This might be a little over obsessive but it can help you learn and train your ears with practice.
Morris Naggar
what actually helped me ALOT is, i took a track that i like , listened it very carefully inside ableton at the arrangment view, and got notes at the timeline when changes happened. now i use it as a default template and use it as a guide.

Devora Chait
Wow, throwing all your work into the arrangement really helps wonders, taking parts away instead of adding them basically let's it write itself! Never thought of that until now Very helpfull article

Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 6.01.06 PM.jpg

^^
Devora Chait
I find I have great loops, the sounds are done, I have an idea of the song, but when I start to lay down the structure I tend to get stuck. Certain parts get overcrowded so I change it up which then conflicts with the next part of the song and vice versa. Anyone got some advice on this? Should I start EQ-ing it first to see if I can mold it together?
Jonathan Bialeschki
Originally Posted by zaplin

Another good idea is to try the following.

1. Load your source track you want to copy.
2. Listen for each sound in the track, everything from Kick, snare, synth pads, etc.
3. Create a track for each sound you hear.
4. In each track create a fake midi file and apply it where necessary. Example would be a synthpad that comes in at 1 min on the timeline. You would apply that at the same timeline at 1 min.
5. Don't be afraid to create volume fades or little automations you might hear in the sound of a track.

This might be a little over obsessive but it can help you learn and train your ears with practice.
Morris Naggar

Georgianna Eurick
I see you're using Ableton, this is a great tool for everybody

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/minus/
Monserrate Rupnow
Great idea!
Tera Baragan
If you need to see what a full song actually looks and sounds like go download a remix pack from beatport play. It helped me out when i started having trouble with arrangement last year.
Devora Chait
Wow, throwing all your work into the arrangement really helps wonders, taking parts away instead of adding them basically let's it write itself! Never thought of that until now Very helpfull article

Screen Shot 2013-07-06 at 6.01.06 PM.jpg

^^
Devora Chait
Great read so far, thank you
Monserrate Rupnow
http://tarekith.com/assets/pdfs/ArrangingSongs.pdf

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy