Question regarding sound setup with Mackie Loudspeaker ! What do I do here ?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Question regarding sound setup with Mackie Loudspeaker ! What do I do here ?Reply
Question regarding sound setup with Mackie Loudspeaker ! What do I do here ?
Posted on: 13.08.2013 by Brittny Reutov
So ultimately in my DJ setup, I have a Mackie 400w active 2-way bi amlplified loudspeaker connected via XLR to the back of the Allen and Heath Xone 42 4-Channel DJ/Club mixer. There are TWO outputs for speakers but I only use one due to insufficient funds lol. Is there a proper way to use two outputs and the one input on the loudspeaker ?? Will I loose/gain sound quality and will this be better or worse in terms of my loudspeaker's life span ? I just recently bought it last week and its brand new.

I am also planning on getting another identical speaker plus a sub, but for now I just need to configure my setup in the best way possible. Thanks for all the help I can get ! Much love xoxo
Brittny Reutov
Originally Posted by R01
You're stuck in mono land, no matter what you do. The Mackie speaker will only properly utilize a single balanced mono signal (because each speaker only has (un)balanced mono inputs). Which is why you need two speakers to get stereo. Read up on balanced/unbalanced audio signals and you'll understand why I'm saying this, especially in regards to using XLR.

The pain of mixing in mono will probably be your biggest motivation to get a second speaker.
THanks for the advice. So am I in the "safe zone" at least in terms of putting strain on my gear or damaging audio quality ?
Brittny Reutov
So ultimately in my DJ setup, I have a Mackie 400w active 2-way bi amlplified loudspeaker connected via XLR to the back of the Allen and Heath Xone 42 4-Channel DJ/Club mixer. There are TWO outputs for speakers but I only use one due to insufficient funds lol. Is there a proper way to use two outputs and the one input on the loudspeaker ?? Will I loose/gain sound quality and will this be better or worse in terms of my loudspeaker's life span ? I just recently bought it last week and its brand new.

I am also planning on getting another identical speaker plus a sub, but for now I just need to configure my setup in the best way possible. Thanks for all the help I can get ! Much love xoxo
Brittny Reutov
Originally Posted by R01
You're stuck in mono land, no matter what you do. The Mackie speaker will only properly utilize a single balanced mono signal (because each speaker only has (un)balanced mono inputs). Which is why you need two speakers to get stereo. Read up on balanced/unbalanced audio signals and you'll understand why I'm saying this, especially in regards to using XLR.

The pain of mixing in mono will probably be your biggest motivation to get a second speaker.
THanks for the advice. So am I in the "safe zone" at least in terms of putting strain on my gear or damaging audio quality ?
Trey Brune

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy