Maschine Workflow with Logic Pro X

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Maschine Workflow with Logic Pro XReply
Maschine Workflow with Logic Pro X
Posted on: 19.11.2013 by Abby Beeny
Hey everybody,

I purchased Logic Pro X a few months ago and am really liking it. My question is for all the Maschine users out there. Is buying a maschine going to change how I create music and make it easier for me? I'm debating on getting a maschine mikro. On the NI website it says that the maschine mikro now comes with maschine 2.0. I'm guessing that the software is what really changes your work flow but I'm not sure. I would love some input from some people that have gone with maschine or have gone for a different controller and how it helps.

Thanks
Chris
Abby Beeny
Hey everybody,

I purchased Logic Pro X a few months ago and am really liking it. My question is for all the Maschine users out there. Is buying a maschine going to change how I create music and make it easier for me? I'm debating on getting a maschine mikro. On the NI website it says that the maschine mikro now comes with maschine 2.0. I'm guessing that the software is what really changes your work flow but I'm not sure. I would love some input from some people that have gone with maschine or have gone for a different controller and how it helps.

Thanks
Chris
Pansy Dascoli
I currently use Maschine and Logic Pro X. I like how easy it is to get grooves up and running in Maschine and then layer on top of that with Logic. I'm still using MK I hardware and I haven't upgraded Maschine to 2.0 so the workflow in 2.0 could be a vast improvement from how I currently work. I usually sketch up a beat in Maschine and then bring it into Logic to have access to my entire plug-in library. Running Maschine in Logic is quite useful too. You can route to 16 mono channels and balance the outputs in there with separate compressors, delay, reverb, etc. and then group them into a single channel for level adjustment with the rest of your instruments. If you plan to ever use external instruments I would say Logic is a tool to really learn. I have yet to try and record my guitar into Maschine, just doesn't seem like a task I should learn when Logic makes it so simple. The Maschine hardware is one of my favorite additions to my studio. Solidly built and provides so much feedback on the controller itself. I would say if aren't quite sure about adding Maschine to your workflow look for a MK I. If you can sacrifice the color pads and the click to the transport buttons. I have a MK I and have yet to want a MK II enough to pay the price for it. Hope this wall of text helps.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy