Wild Out Remix Competition Entry

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Wild Out Remix Competition EntryReply
Wild Out Remix Competition Entry
Posted on: 21.11.2013 by Giselle Giffels
https://soundcloud.com/her-hands/wild-out-feat-waka-flocka

Entered that competition and with this being the first time I ever got a hold of professional stems, that's damn near all I used hahaha! Check it out won't you
Giselle Giffels
Could you drop a screenshot as to what you're explaining? I have a portion of a track laid out, it's the pic in the link, but I don't know if that's what you're talking about >.>Untitled.jpg

Would it best to go into the bones with little thought? Like just straight be in the moment and do a run-through.

Hahaha I have no idea what I'm saiyan, would definnitely appreciate a screencap of your layout.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Chrxstxxn
I dunno if it's just the way you guys worded that, but I am seriously confused. And what's the layout? Just a drumline or something like that?

Big ups for your guys' advice, it's always appreciated for sure!
Kicks, hats, claps, snares, bassline, etc.
Giselle Giffels
Originally Posted by Kwal
Agreed
I dunno if it's just the way you guys worded that, but I am seriously confused. And what's the layout? Just a drumline or something like that?

Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by sarasin
Once you have it pounding at its most potent, you then spread it out and arrange.
Agreed
Giselle Giffels
https://soundcloud.com/her-hands/wild-out-feat-waka-flocka

Entered that competition and with this being the first time I ever got a hold of professional stems, that's damn near all I used hahaha! Check it out won't you
Giselle Giffels
Could you drop a screenshot as to what you're explaining? I have a portion of a track laid out, it's the pic in the link, but I don't know if that's what you're talking about >.>Untitled.jpg

Would it best to go into the bones with little thought? Like just straight be in the moment and do a run-through.

Hahaha I have no idea what I'm saiyan, would definnitely appreciate a screencap of your layout.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by Chrxstxxn

Kicks, hats, claps, snares, bassline, etc.
Ellis Plischke
Layout would be how you organize your song:

Example:
Intro (16 bars-32 bars)
Breakdown(16 bars)
Buildup (8 bars)
Drop 1 (16-32 Bars)
Breakdown 2 (16 bars)
Buildup 2 (8 Bars)
Drop 2 (16-32 Bars)
Outro (16 bars)

and 1 bar is equal to 4 beats
Giselle Giffels
Originally Posted by Kwal
Agreed

Giselle Giffels
Yo bumping! I fixed the link, it broke before I had to rush to ze work!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by sarasin
Once you have it pounding at its most potent, you then spread it out and arrange.
Agreed
Lilliana Perris
Yeah, that works well.

What I found works nicely for complex music like Psytrance, is I build it all up over a couple bars.

Many ways to skin a cat....

I have not seen FL for years, but from what I remember, its not the easiest thing to arrange with.
Hellen Mindrup
What I do when it comes to making a new track is I lay it out befoer I start building all of the complex elements... I lay out my intro (30 seconds - 1 minute), 1st break (30-45 seconds), 1st drop (45 seconds) 2nd break (45 seconds - 1 minute), 2nd drop (45 seconds), and outro (30 seconds).

Once you get your layout, building and adding elements becomes a lot more fun because you can actually watch yourself lay the song out from beginning to end rather than just building it one bar at a time.
Lilliana Perris
mmm...you should maybe use a better DAW if you a beginner mate.

It will help you learn a lot quicker.
Giselle Giffels
Yeah, and that was something I noticed more towards the end of its production. Hahaha, I was like "This does not follow a 8 bar structure.... SHIT!" and it was too late to change it :/

That's something I find myself running into a lot of trouble with, time to look into time markers for FL lol!
Hellen Mindrup
Is that the full track? If so the structure of it is really throwing me off

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy