Intermittent static noises in speakers when laptop plugged in.

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Intermittent static noises in speakers when laptop plugged in.Reply
Intermittent static noises in speakers when laptop plugged in.
Posted on: 06.12.2013 by Michaele Mehn
Hello guys,

I am writing here for help after days and days of trying everything to fix my problem. When i plug in my laptop (macbook, late 2011) into the wall, i hear INTERMITTENT popping and crackles in my speakers (Mackie MR8 mk3) (that are brand new) that are connected via novation twitch with TRS. I hear no crackling noises in my speakers connected via RCA.

This is not a buzzing sound, so i don't believe this is a ground loop problem.

What i've tried :

- Plug laptop with 2 pongs only
- Plug everything in the same socket with an adaptor.
- Plug everything in different sockets
- Change room in the basement and also on the first floor

- Buy a new power cable for laptop : that is tricky, it still make intermittent sound but not static, more like instant buzzing for half a second. Yet still interference.

It seems to me it is an interference problem, but why does it do it everywhere in my house ? Can it be my electricity even if i don't plug the ground of my charge ?

Most importantly : Is it my speaker, because i would return them before it's too late. But as they come separated, it would be surprising both have the same problem.

Any input on that is more than welcome !

Cheers !
Michaele Mehn
Hello guys,

I am writing here for help after days and days of trying everything to fix my problem. When i plug in my laptop (macbook, late 2011) into the wall, i hear INTERMITTENT popping and crackles in my speakers (Mackie MR8 mk3) (that are brand new) that are connected via novation twitch with TRS. I hear no crackling noises in my speakers connected via RCA.

This is not a buzzing sound, so i don't believe this is a ground loop problem.

What i've tried :

- Plug laptop with 2 pongs only
- Plug everything in the same socket with an adaptor.
- Plug everything in different sockets
- Change room in the basement and also on the first floor

- Buy a new power cable for laptop : that is tricky, it still make intermittent sound but not static, more like instant buzzing for half a second. Yet still interference.

It seems to me it is an interference problem, but why does it do it everywhere in my house ? Can it be my electricity even if i don't plug the ground of my charge ?

Most importantly : Is it my speaker, because i would return them before it's too late. But as they come separated, it would be surprising both have the same problem.

Any input on that is more than welcome !

Cheers !

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy